Tower of Terror in reverse?

Parkz News

The Tower of Terror is getting the upgrade this year. I believe you will see a new lighter, faster car on the tracks and also the tunnel extended all the way to the uphill section - hopefully with some lighting effects. I'm really not sure and haven't heard anything around the park about the car being placed the other way to launch backward.

The Tower of Terror is getting the upgrade this year. I believe you will see a new lighter, faster car on the tracks and also the tunnel extended all the way to the uphill section - hopefully with some lighting effects. I'm really not sure and haven't heard anything around the park about the car being placed the other way to launch backward.
An extended tunnel with some strobes would be awesome! Maybe a smoke machine or two?

Why do I get the feeling they are more likely to do what tipsy bella suggested and just add a longer tunnel with some lights rather than any real refurbishment? I am doubtful they would reverse the car although I think this would be a very interesting move and would generate publicity. I still hope they fix all of the queuing/theming/signage AND PAINT THE TOWER!! It looks so old and faded. I was thinking when the spokeswoman mentioned 'more power' that they were going to re-work it so that it actually reaches the top again

Hmm, I think there'd be serious issues with trying to launch a car backwards. You'd need over the shoulder restraints at minimum, and probably four point harnesses to avoid neck damage. I can't see it happening... Nice idea though!
Many Intamins nowadays have pretty rapid deceleration in the magnetic brakes at the end (Hence the real reason for the shoulder straps type OTSRs they use) I reckon if the launch acceleration rate were the same as the braking rate they use there would be no issues since they are both the same sensation in effect.

Something interesting I noticed on the DW facebook page. A person claiming to be a staff member commented that they had been told the ToT would indeed be reconfigured to enable people to face forwards and backwards. This comment has since been deleted. It is the deletion of the comment that makes me think that perhaps this is a bit more likely to happen than I first thought

I find Dreamworld police there facebook page all the time. Don’t you remember what happened when Dreamworld created a blog for the V8 supercars. I still pmsl about how out of hand it got for them and they just deleted anything they didn’t like and oh yea they gave Alex a hard time. I posted earlier that a new car facing both ways would be my preferred way for Dreamworld to go.

Hear is what dreamworld has to say when asked the question if a big 6 ride was going to upgrades/changes, if the tunnel was going to be extended and if the TOT car was going to face reverse. "Thank you for your email. The Tower of Terror is scheduled for annual maintenance within the coming months. This is carried out every year to maintain safety and full 'thrill' factor. All our rides undergo annual maintenance at different times of the year and Tower of Terror's time is coming up. The other informatioun you have heard I believe are rumours."

Edited by Gazza
Just post in the existing topic rather than start a new one

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly doubt that anything will happen to the TOT, maybe just a preetier coat of paint. A longer tunnel and smoke effects, I sought of believe that these two won't happen but there is always that chance. If anyyone drives past the park some time or another, take a quik peek at the Dreamworld Tower, you've probably noticed it, but, on the West Giant Drop's side of the tower, spelt out in faded letters, is the phrase "TOWER OF TERROR".

Well lylefart DW have clearly stated that this year a ride is going to be overhauled... and this one with the time its out it seems pretty likey ToT is the one getting the treatment and agreed its in desperate need of a paint job and que to be touched up. With DW fb page I don't get it they told shareholders one of their rides is getting overhauled why can't they at least say that instead of rumours when they confirmed it just not which ride and they claim to be giving out info first?!?! I don't get it.

• 2 months later...