Australia's day at wonderland

Nightshifter

read this article from the wonderland website i find it interesting: Build it BIG for Australia Day 24/01/04-26/01/04 Wonderland Sydney is hoping that it will be a case of “many hands make light work” with plans underway to build the largest ever Australian Flag in K’NEX across the Australia Day weekend. It is anticipated that the 7 metre by 12 metre flag will take close to 130,000 pieces of K’NEX and around 500 people-hours to build. However, Wonderland Sydney is confident that visitors to the park will be able to help complete the task in just three days. The Australian Flag-building activity will be offered free to Wonderland Sydney visitors (after entry) across the Australia Day weekend – Saturday 24th January to Monday 26th January inclusive. Every participant will be presented with a commemorative Australia Day K’NEX flag-build certificate as well as having the opportunity to win other great K’NEX prizes. So come and join in this unique and fun celebration for Australia Day! Image: The Henley family from Brisbane and the K'NEXpert Kate Annabelle put the finishing touches to the Australia flag model.

I think the key to how well it would work is how close up you look at it. My guess is with something like this they would be going for an aerial photo of the finished flag. If you took the shot from a decent distance (as you normally would) it would probably look okay and you most likely wouldn't notice the holes.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, been off the net for a week got the modem taken away :( Yes Liam is right i went to the Australia day flag build and put either the last or the second last piece in (my bro cliams he put the last one in). I had many photos which will be used on the Wonderland website and for K'nex promo. I was building for about 2 hours non-stop and we finished about 1:30 After it finished there was no aeriel shot to my knowledge, nut i got a certificate and the lady running it told me to come back in half hour when everyones gone. So i come back and i got a K'nex prize pack, with T-shirt that had Australia Day Flag build 2004 and the WLS logo. And a packet of K'nex! Also saw Tony Laffan's last show, more about that later.