Naming the new slides

ads086

Hey guys Got an email from MyFun yesterday about the competition to name the new slides. Winner receives breakfast for 20 and first rides on launch day. Was just wondering who else entered, and what your entries were? I chose "O" - represents the loop and I can see it going well with the marketing team.

I have to say I originally didn't like the idea of 4 looping slides - I felt that it was a bit excessive and wouldn't really fit in. However I really like the graphic they have put together for this comp which shows an 'artists impression' of the slides together. I think the bright neon colours look great and hope this is what they go with

I felt that it was a bit excessive and wouldn't really fit in.
Exessive? WnW gets insane crowds over the summer, so to have a collection of slides able to take 480 pph will be a godsend, especially considering they will probably be one of the most popular rides in the park. Besides, the place has 3 freefall slides, so 4 aqualoops is not much of a stretch. As a side note, I wouldn't freak out too much about your name being copied. Compaines seem to do this 'name the attraction/product' type gimmick fairly often (Remember when Demon got relocated to the US and a kid named it Zoomerang? iSnack 2.0....McDonalds Backyard Burger etc) The thing is, I honestly don't think people who enter really have that much influence. The names that get entered and have a chance of winning would be the same names that a company would've come up with in their own brainstorming sessions, so at the end of the day they'll just end up with a long list, and the ride will get named what they would've named it they were doing it 100% themselves. My theory anyway. Edited by Gazza

WOW... Just WOW I'm gonna enter the name the slides Sugar Additives, because it contains both SWEET, like cause these slights will be sweet hey, and ADD, which has to be playing some part here. Plus I really like sugar, it makes coffee tastes better. Which is good, because sometimes in the morning I have to wake up early, and I don't really like waking up early. So a coffee helps me get going. Ice break is my favourite if I can't get to a real coffee shop. But sometimes I'm lucky and I can go to Zaraffas. I think I'm going to like these slides a lot, which isn't all that weird, because I like new stuff, and slides are always fun. That's kind of weird because these will be both!

Edited by djrappa

Actually, stealing a name from another ride mightn't be such a bad idea. So they should call this slide Superspeed Cool-Cool Bear. Plus if I apply DjRappas logic, then the name makes total sense. The slide goes at superspeed. The slide is really 'cool', plus the water is cool, and the ride is located on the Gold Coast, and the Brisbane Bears used to play down at Carrara anyway. Clearly will win this.