Tower of Terror Update

ads086

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After almost 14 years of thrills and more than eight million panicked passengers, Dreamworld’s Tower of Terror ‘scream attraction’ is set for a relaunch. Tower of Terror will close on 18th August and will reopen four weeks later, in time for the September school holidays, with a terrifying twist. Unlike the original, adrenalin junkies will be harnessed into the deepest depths of the Tower’s lair, facing nothing but a dark void. An eerie silence lasts for just milliseconds before the car blasts backwards rocketing guests out of a 206 metre tunnel at rapid speed. Hitting up to 161 km/h in just seven seconds, riders soar 100 metre into the atmosphere dangling for several seconds of stomach-churning weightlessness at its peak before plummeting back to earth. However, with Tower of Terror II this plunge is face first. Dreamworld Chief Executive Noel Dempsey says, “the Tower of Terror has been a rite of passage for almost every Australian teenager and the re-launched ride will build on that terror factor. “It incorporates three major fears: high speeds, falling from great heights and dark confined spaces. “Instead of facing the sky, all you see is the ground, first disappearing fast and then rapidly approaching as you plummet towards the tunnel.” The last chance for guests to ride the original Tower of Terror will be Wednesday 18th August.

I hope MW would then go ahead with LW train replacement, its such a good ride apart from the fact they have painful trains... It would give their parks the edge with all their parks getting new rides or refurbishments great marketing campaign and make their passes the better one to buy, while their at it have 2 new trains and have staff trained to make loading a lot quicker so when the first train rolls into the brake run the second is loaded and ready to go so there is no waiting for better capacity and then maybe add some more theming elements to it like some fire, fog and exploding cars near misses and going through building and give the ride a story, re-ignite the LW movies and ride, who knows maybe thats why the ride only has one train, don't bother with the second one because soon they are going to have new trains?? I'd be interested in seeing this new escape pod... because wasn't said the modifications made would mean a new one? I want to know if its lapbar or OSH and will the car be as loud as the original, you would imagine now that its in the tunnel it won't be as loud down the launch track until it goes up the tower and will it still look the same? I'd love the new car to have speakers built into each seat like the ride at Universal name escapes me I think its RipRideRockIt? A really cool tunnel lighting effect maybe some fog in the tunnel, fully make-over the que, paint the tower and why not add some firs as you blast out of the tunnel like on X2!

Hello everyone! I've been a long time reader of updates, etc. I just signed up, thinking I should contribute also. I love Dreamworld & Whitewater World the most though, so sorry if I'm every bias towards them. So, Tower of Terror II! On Dreamworld's site, they've got the logo up and it's going BACKWARDS! Mhm, that's right, backwards! Hopefully some more information tomorrow as it's a business day and that's when Kenny Koala on Facebook (The person from marketing whom runs it) logs on... We're about to find out! Discuss here what else you would like to see added! I have happened to notice, which WAS NOT in the update is the Tower of Terror que fix ups. The skull has been painted silver and looks amazing! The que has some boards up where things are being fixed... what will happen?? They have 4 weeks, beginning the 18th of August to work on it. Don't forget to shorten that though to make time for media release, test runs, etc. Thanks and amazing work, Joz, with this community! -Brad.

If the 'fluro tubes' were off then they may well be led tubes as displayed above which would provide lighting effects. However there will need to be maintenance lights for track inspections and such too so that may be what is being reffered to...

What did the couple of drawings look like? I'm really excited for this.
It's a lower profile car sitting closer to the tracks with a smaller front and rear sections. One even had a flaming paint job - but that could of them just playing around. We will all have to wait til September to get a look at the new car.