Tower of Terror Update

ads086

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think you could possibly put up a link to that wiki page with the coaster? And its good that the ToT is getting a re-furb. I havnt actually been on it yet, but it sounds like that it will become better than ever.
Yep sure, just give me a minute and I'll find it.. AH YES! it's called a 'pipeline' coaster ^_^ here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipeline_roller_coaster They seem to be an extremely rare coasters, so if you can go on one, tell us all about it! :D

By the sounds of so far, This upgrade seems like something to look forward too. New car, Backwards, Extended tunnel. etc If it's good or not, This revamp has to be better then the one Cockscrew got.
Defineatly will be worth it! Tunnel. Lasers. Mists. New Car. Backwards.... all awesome stuff. Stay tuned on the Dreamworld Australia FB Page (facebook.com/dreamworld) for the news...

I am recognising quite a few names in the winners lists each day for the Dreamworld Tickets of Terror (or whatever they're called)... Today's winners include Mr Tony Teulan, and the other day Mr Ben Roach scored himself one too. You'd think they'd just give them to the top 100 posters on Parkz, wouldn't you? lol.

I've won 2 so far... if you really want to win you need to put the effort into the creativity, the more creative/ funny and the more unique the better the chance to win. It takes time to master them especially in such (word/character) limits, however once you know what they (competition judges) like you will keep entering and you will get hooked into entering more competitions... then maybe you'll see the prizes rolling in.

Edited by summerfun91

Speaking of which - I hope Dreamworld are planning a good series of TV commercials to advertise ToT2. The last commercial which appeared to have any major impact down here in NSW was for the Claw back in 2004. I haven't heard people in Sydney talking about Dreamworld since then. We rarely ever see commercials for the park down here anymore - even WhiteWater world advertising was a bit minimal. Considering the popularity of the Tower of Terror, I really think DW could get some serious mileage out of this refurb if they extend the reach of the commercials. Particularly considering their interstate visitation levels dropped off over the last year. Are you listening Kenny? ;)

Hitting up to 161 km/h in seven seconds flat, riders soar 100m into the atmosphere
Those two words have always been relevant in terms of ToT. Accelerators need to hit a certain speed to complete the course, logically - ToT doesn't and therefore we may (or may not?) see the ride hit those speeds again. Interesting to hear the rolling stock is being manufactured in the US - perhaps at the Intaride work shops?

The new skull indeed looks great, hopefully the queue area gets some nice touchups.

I've won 2 so far... if you really want to win you need to put the effort into the creativity, the more creative/ funny and the more unique the better the chance to win. It takes time to master them especially in such (word/character) limits, however once you know what they (competition judges) like you will keep entering and you will get hooked into entering more competitions... then maybe you'll see the prizes rolling in.
The first time I won, it was the question about who you'd like to ride with and why. I said Mr Bean so I could watch the contortions of his rubbery face but that he'd probably just fall asleep like he did on the rollercoaster. :) Edited by Gold Coaster

The new skull indeed looks great, hopefully the queue area gets some nice touchups. The first time I won, it was the question about who you'd like to ride with and why. I said Mr Bean so I could watch the contortions of his rubbery face but that he'd probably just fall asleep like he did on the rollercoaster. :)
My second win was the who screams the loudest question.... I remember putting something on the lines of they reach the same amount of decibels both are enough to frighten the birds and the grandmas away. I can't remember what the other question i won off was though.

BAHAHA, until Superman Escape comes. I was at Dreamworld today and got to see the Tower of Terror (old one) testing and reaching JUST OFF the top of the tower! Where the gear part begins, it was just tipping that. It did 7 test runs at the very start of the day, that was all.

BAHAHA, until Superman Escape comes. I was at Dreamworld today and got to see the Tower of Terror (old one) testing and reaching JUST OFF the top of the tower! Where the gear part begins, it was just tipping that. It did 7 test runs at the very start of the day, that was all.
Using the old car, definitely?

Using the old car, definitely?
Defineatly using the old cart, but people are saying the new one is now up testing? I cannot confirm this however as I only saw the old one testing when I was there reaching pretty high up on the tower. There is a new car though, so don't worry! :P