Tower of Terror Update

ads086

Heh, the new car looks kind of cute and squat...like everyone is sitting on a skateboard or something.

Lastly “The Bro” at White Water World is currently closed. According to WWW’s Facebook Officially! We are making modifications on the slide fibreglass to achieve better slide speed characteristics. Hopefully ready for the start of Holidays
Nooooooooo, I bet they are changing the curvature of the slide so you don't get airtime anymore (Like what they did on the Jet Streams at WnW)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably has something to do with wind resistance, why was there only 3 in the front of the old car? probably the same reason, im guessing wind going into the back of seats isnt very aerodynamic, so they have maximised the seating while keeping the wind resistance at an acceptable level, i dont know what the additional structure is like but my guess would be a camera housing and the picture would be taken when the cars coming back down which is then shown on the plasma like sea vipers.

well someone described it has a little house type thing, i have no idea what it looks like so i was just putting it out there. instead of the onride picture being taken on the launch i was saying it might be taken when the car comes back down the tower so you can actually see people.

ohh right right right, yep i know what you mean! that would make a lot of sense to have the on ride photo there... hmmm that really does make sense. and great photo rick (Y) ohh right right right, yep i know what you mean! that would make a lot of sense to have the on ride photo there... hmmm that really does make sense. and great photo rick (Y)

the beams are either being used as a jig (unlikely) or for some reason they think its easier to attach beams and the framework in one then put the beams on separately which would be a million times easier. good job contractors! id like to see them lift that in one go, that frame would just bend itself over!

Edited by Scott.

Probably has something to do with wind resistance, why was there only 3 in the front of the old car?
The old car had 3 seats in the front row as a compromise to provide better views for those in the 2nd row, since it meant the 2nd row would look between seats rather than directly into a backrest. As for why the back row only has 2 seats. My guesses are that either -The new seats are heavier than the old ones, so something had to give. -There is something at the back of the car that eats into the footwell space, preventing seats in the outside positions. Edited by Gazza

Looking at the picture, I don't think you're far off Gazza, but rather than footwell space being the reason, my guess is that the back row's seating is anchored over the axle, so the outside seating cannot be fitted as the wheel assembly is in the way, whereas the front row does not have this problem because the seating is mounted behind the axle, with the footwell being over the top of it.

This car wouldn't have axles due to the different type of wheel assembly being used. I always thought it was something to do with aerodynamics also, since air hitting the backs of four seats has much more resistance than two. In this photo it appears the back structure is larger for better aerodynamics, and it looks like part of this could be in the way of the other two seats.