Wet'n'Wild

Original

Hey guys, well I didn't really want to start a new thread, but I didn't want to bring one back from the dead either and we'll there aren't to many WnW topics to talk about anything which is why I made this, otherwise if I just made it on what I wanted to say I think it would have died off pretty quickly. So with Richard's new re-arranging of the forums I thought why not we can talk about the new rides coming to the park terror canyon, what we like about it, what we don't what we want to see, trip reports anything really. I thought it would make it easier to talk about it all in one forum then have all theses different ones. So anyway kicking it off REA/TEA have released this years figures for attendance, well last year's but anyway we came in at 8th place with 1.095million people and that was up 6.8% from last year, not a bad effort really and one would assume this is because they offered such cheap passes. We were beaten Wet'n'Wild in Orlando owned by Universal which came in at 1.235 and was down 5% actually interestingly all Universal owned parks dropped by the looks Aquatica came in at 1.6 mil also falling 6.8%. Again number one was Disney's Typhoon lagoon at 2.059mil and Blizzard Beach 1.181mil both not moving from last year. Sunway was 907 000 down 17.5% which was a big drop, no mention of Wet'n'Wild's other properties at Hawaii and Phoenix and obviously no WWW 20th place went to Hyland Hills Water World at 515000. Anyway look for yourself http://www.teaconnect.org/etea/2009ThemeIndex.pdf It makes we wonder when they put in looping slides that's going to be a bog crowd draw I wonder if it will go up next year and will it raise in places, and with the way they dismantled Speedcoaster and Twister it looks as if they will be returning increasing capacity which is a plus. Another thing if we see that the Disney water park is smaller than WnW I wondered people have always wanted to see a Disney park here and we see that clearly you brand it Disney and the people will come wouldn't this be a viable alternative for them to get into the Aussie market, we love waterparks and their cheaper to build than a Disney style themepark and would still rake the money in, put in a hotel next door and Bam they would have it made, and if it all goes well they go ahead down the track with a theme park use the water park as a test, it would make WWW and WnW try harder and maybe the theme parks would sit up and listen as well that they need to lift their game in case the park came soon after.

There aren't to many WnW topics to talk about anything which is why I made this, otherwise if I just made it on what I wanted to say I think it would have died off pretty quickly. So with Richard's new re-arranging of the forums I thought why not we can talk about the new rides coming to the park terror canyon, what we like about it, what we don't what we want to see, trip reports anything really. I thought it would make it easier to talk about it all in one forum then have all theses different ones.
Funnily enough, we had this discussion when we were thinking about merging the forums. What we'd rather people do is just start new topics for trip reports, new rides etc. We don't want a situation like on TPR where they have huge all encompassing threads for each park that run to hundreds of pages and are ridiculous to navigate. So by all means, if you go on a trip report, start a new topic for that, if you want to talk about new rides, post in the relevant thread for that ( http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=5038 ) Etc. Edited by Gazza