R.I.P Terror Canyon

Supermann

It's already been well discussed in another thread - Why put a slide that looks as amazing as the aqua loop does in the back of the park where no-one can see it? Twister and Speedcoaster needed to go. As for Terror Canyons, they were quite old, and I believe there were some safety concerns as well. End of the day it frees up land when they are ready to install something new. The next slide WnW put in already has a ready made launch tower, and a lot of vacant (steeply sloped!) land - Jamberoo has shown that making use of the existing topography saves money and makes for an interesting slide without walking through a support-pole jungle (like you do around the sidewinders). Personally, I'd like to see the Terror Canyon tower platform used to have slides coming off on all three "park-facing" sides - intermingle them with the current whitewater mountain slides and do something really special (theres room for a bowl or two around that area).

Hmmm....I think that Twister and Speedcoaster needed TO BE MOVED but did not need to be removed entirely from the park. Twister is a unique slide that has no twin in Australia. It would have been a better move if WNW had simply moved these 2 popular slides to another area of the park. There is no real evidence to support their full removal at all. Whilst I agree that the Aqua Loops positioning where the Twister once resided is a good decision, I cannot supoort the full removal of these 2 slides. It simply does not make for rational sense. Cheers Jobe

Terror Canyon is still there as of today. Trucks loaded with arriving new slide sectons and twister in a nice pile where the old runouts were. Looks like they are taking great care with the removed slides so either they being moved elsewhere in the park or to another park. Crane was moving the cover from the queue area. Have a couple of pictures that will be uploaded at a later time.

Said it before, I'll say it again and now from when you drive by the park its pretty clear Twister & Speed coaster are coming back! They have been tacken down carefully, not like when they got rid of the old body slides, I mean Twister especially was such a busy ride and so much fun they would be idiots not to move it somewhere else!! Plus they still need them for capacitiy. I mean four looping slides are going to be pretty popular and bring more people to the park and bring its attendance up again, it needs those extras to help on the Summer days. I don't see Terror Canyon coming back, but we just have to get over that, things come and they go, we just have to expect that, as long as when its replaced, its replaced with something that's FUN :D

Terror Canyon is still there as of today. Trucks loaded with arriving new slide sectons and twister in a nice pile where the old runouts were. Looks like they are taking great care with the removed slides so either they being moved elsewhere in the park or to another park.
If being moved, I'd Say sea world since they are doing some work with the water park over there and considering sea world has gotten Wet "n" Wilds slides before. Wet 'n' Wilds trash, is Sea world treasure.