Twister and Speedcoaster Relocation

Intamin

Where will twister and speedcoaster be relocated if they stay at Wet n Wild?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Where will twister and speedcoaster be relocated if they stay at Wet n Wild?

• Next to Aqualoop
    • Behind Bucanner Bay
    • Next to Mammoth falls
    • Replacing Terror Canyon (somehow)
    • In the H20 Zone (lol)
    • They're not staying at WnW

There is plenty of room in H20, and my gut is telling me the way they have taken the slides down so carefully is because they will be popping back up in the park, to me the most obvious is H20. Also though if the waterpark at SW is gone I hope they move the Mammoth Falls slide back to WnW put it back over there somewhere, they could make room, I loved that slide and to add another over there they could move people then in all threee areas of the park with something new. While their at it, can they make one of the slides enclosed and dark, give it that edge and if WWW ever tried to do a Mammoth or dark one WnW will already have both and have the upper hand. I hope management are listening to people's ideas on here!! :)

Well, as these rides have been taken down very carefully, they might be relocated to another home. Yet, they could be moved to a different park. I was not sure about the vote, but just imagine them in the H20 Zone. They are generally named as family fun slides rather then thrilling. So it is a difficult question to answer. But, if you were to look at Google Maps, the best place to home them would most likely be in Terror Canyons footprint (if it ends up removed). The que could be placed at TC's splashdowna area, and the former path up the hill could still be used. The two slides could simply be put in a way so that the splashdown pools could be a mere few metres from Buccaneer Bay. Whereas the exit actually would run straight past the childs playground. If the rides were put there, they would most likely cathch the childrens appeal as well. We can always imagine. And wonder what I just said. :P

Hey folks. Quick Q for you that are following this, are these two slides (or what's visible) still on site or have they disappeared? Reason I ask is because Big Splash Waterpark in Canberra appears to be getting some new slides (well new to the park). There is a low quality picture here -> http://the-riotact.com/?p=21965 The original poster of the picture seems to be under the belief that the slide/s are the old Black Hole slide from El Cabello Blanco, but I beg to differ. Without checking out the site myself (I may do so in a few days or so), is there any chance that these slides are the old Speedcoaster and or Twister, or are they still on site at WNW ruling this theory out?

Those are Twister and Speedcoaster for sure. The arch shaped things in the pic are the roof bridge across to twister from the main ramp, you can see speedcoasters runouts on the far left, stairs are from where you reach the top of the ramp and turn back on yourself, plus all the slide segment and support colours match...need I go on?

It was actually the speed coaster bit to the left of the photograph which made me think "Hey, that looks familiar". And ofcourse the fact that the colour scheme for the slides is overly familiar. It does have me wondering though, if these slides aren't coming back to our gratious Wet n Wild, how can they still be listed as attractions on the Wet n Wild Website? I will however try to get out to the pool on Wednesday and try to get some decent photo's of the area for everyone to gawk at.

I have made the trip out there (why did it have to be raining?) and I am able to now confirm that we are indeed at-least looking at the Twister. It's hard to tell if we are also looking at the Speed-coaster, but at the very least I can confirm that we have the Twister. There are a lot of slide pieces around, so it wouldn't surprise me if we also had the Speed-coaster down here, but at this stage I was only able to locate the one slide tower. Pictures to come.

http://bigsplashwaterpark.com.au/ If anybody was interested. I went to the place at the end of 2003 (Coincidentally on the same trip of my first and only visit to Wonderland) The place had a couple of full sized slides (one of which was just an endless set of spirals), a larger kids one, a pair of dead straight ones, plus a bunch of smaller kids water play things. The olympic pool featured a dive in movie screen.
It's hard to tell if we are also looking at the Speed-coaster, but at the very least I can confirm that we have the Twister.
Aren't these bunch of pics a dead giveaway though that Speedcoaster is there? http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?a...ost&id=2667 Near the movie screen you can see the two runout chutes, and a bunch of lighter blue 'non see through' slide segments from Speedcoaster. You can also see a set of concrete stairs that got you from the top of the ramp to the actual starting platform. (Twister didn't have stairs) http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?a...ost&id=2659 In this pic you can see how the runout chute has semicurcular connections at both ends..from where the slide keeps going and goes uphill. In the background you can see a big long dead straight section of slide...This is the bit after you come out of the tunnels: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...eedCoaster.html http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?a...ost&id=2670 In this pic , just right of center, you can see the underside of the one of the speedcoaster starting tubs. Edited by Gazza

For someone that doesn't actually know the two attractions in question, yes it is hard to tell, so i will have to take your word for it Gaz. I do wonder where they will be putting these slides in, but I am putting my money on it going into the picnic plot next to the main building, directly opposite the main splashdown pool for the main slides.

• 3 weeks later...

So I went for a visit to the site today. They are removing the Kid slide which in the Google Maps picture posted above, the slide being removed is directly below the Slide Tower slides, and lands in the small pool thats connected to the main pool. Again, sorry for the bad pictures, it was an unexpected trip.

post-128-1276670662_thumb.jpg

post-128-1276670707_thumb.jpg

post-128-1276670718_thumb.jpg

post-128-1276670790_thumb.jpg

post-128-1276670904_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

And an update, for those following this, it appears the slides will not be installed for the 2010/2011 Summer season, with a Development Application due to be closed for public consultation on November 26. I know there was some concern over where they would fit the slides in, well this DA appears to clear it all up for us. > http://www.actpla.act.gov.au/topics/your_s...DE5MDk5JmFsbD0x