WARNER BROS. MOVIE WORLD CELEBRATES DC COMICS 75TH ANNIVERSARY!

Suhan

Bottom pic is definitely speakers. I was sitting under one on sunday afternoon - and you can tell it is as there is a VERY slight delay between it and the ones mounted on the screen at the top of main street. Very nicely done, very unobtrusive. As to the device mounted on the top of the control room \ photo building, it looks like a bottle of fog\snow\bubble fluid next to it??? I'm assuming some special effect machine, but not sure what, because the bubble machines are located a lot lower, and can't see a point in puting a smoker that high - it'd all blow away.... i'm looking to Rappa for this one...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be willing to bet that given it didn't do anything for the entire show I saw standing across the road from it that whatever it is on top of the building, it's not activated for the show. Seems a bit high up for fog or bubbles though; I mean the bubbles released from the awnings have no troubles drifting up towards the roof, and fog at that height would be pointless.

Saw the parade tonight. Great stuff! The only things I wasn't huge on was the ending. I felt it was quite strong at the start (The Joker dance scene was fantastic), but slowly got worse towards the ending. Nonetheless, was a very good production! I just hope that all of the windows are fixed up afterwards! Those fog/light machines look quite ugly! PS. Does anybody know what song is used for The Joker's dance scene?

Don't the lights actually go back inside the buildings... I remember the day I saw it, you couldn't see them all day and about 2hrs or so before beginning they started bringing them out and putting them back in, so that when there's no show the public can't see them and it doesn't ruin the fell of main street... Don't know about the fog machines though, but I can't remember seeing them down main street during the day unless I didn't look close enough.

The lights CAN go back into the buildings, although more often then not they have been left out. To me it's one of those intangible things; lights left out will never ever effect park revenue, but they should be put away anyway. Having, said that, my feelings about this parade are still overwhelmingly positive, and since I've just said something negative, I'll now say the first 3 positive things positive about the parade that pop into my head: * New floats look amazing. * The parade is much, much better then anything the park has produced for a long time, and is genuinely entertaining. Looks like there's some talent and drive left in house after all ;) * People are still in the park at 5.30. Awesome!

Edited by joz

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I went to see the "normal" Star Parade today at 3:30 today and was pleasantly surprised to see it has been redone to include the Justice Legue and the Joker and part of the DC Comics parade. The parade had the following today. Sylvester Looney Tunes Castle and Characters (former Shrek castle) Joker Justice Legue Mystery Inc/Scooby (No Van, and it wasnt in the Disco Detectives show either, anyone know where it has gone? ) Batman/Tumbler and Catwoman The sound has been redone and it had a part of the "Villain Brigade" when Joker came down, Scooby Doo theme with Mystery Inc. ect. When the floats come back Bugs and Looney Tunes characters do "I Gotta Feelin" ect. just like the former night DC Comics parade with Bubbles :D.

Edited by Jordan M