HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY MOVIE WORLD!

Suhan

• 1 month later...

I have some old maps on my computer already so I thought I'd upload them. I have previously found all of these online but I don't know where from (except for the 2002 one which is from Theme Park Brochures). jakeman398, hopefully you can fill in some of the gaps or provide a higher resolution. 1995 - Sorry about the grey area at the bottom. When I originally downloaded this I was on dialup and the connection dropped out. post-2117-1279147947.jpg 1999 - Pokemon takes over MW post-2117-1279147831_thumb.jpg 2002 - Before Scooby post-2117-1279148069_thumb.jpg 2003 - Matrix post-2117-1279148143_thumb.jpg 2005 - Before Superman & Shrek post-2117-1279148255_thumb.jpg 2006 - Before Batwing post-2117-1279148426_thumb.jpg

Edited by themeparkgc

I'll raid the old photo albums and see what I find. I remember there was a few interesting things. Ok so I found a few pictures (still a lot to go through). None of Movieworld but some interesting pictures no doubt about it. I have a picture of the log ride at Sea World and in the background you can see the thrill seeker, however the ride signage says Wild Wave? Second picture is of the rapid ride at Dreamworld, photo was taken maybe mid late 80's, just an interesting picture as there is no Tower of Terror in the back ground. And third. Does anyone know of a kids power roller coaster (indoors) either around Coffs Habour or further up the coast? I have a picture of one which was taken in 1984. Carriage looks to be a crocodile wearing a hat? If anyone knows where this was please update the database so I can upload this picture for others to see.

Edited by mickey_079

love to see them all. :lol: was the first map official, what website did it come from.Check out the front entrance!!!!! what is that behind police academy and beside that, near the maverick show?? most of the maps I've got are up already but they have the other side of the map. so I'll post them anyway, I have more but my computer was veryyyyyyy slow.

MW_park_map.pdf

WBMW0501029_ParkMapEnglish.pdf

wbmw0510647_ParkMap_English.pdf

Maths aside June 3rd is WBs Movie World's big day.. We're already into another 12 months till we hit the Park's big 20 No doubt about it, MW has revolutionalised the Theme Park industry in Australia so for 2011, expect something big
I think forget 20... Concentrate on the 21st... Its bigger and if they put to much enthusiasm for the 20th what will they do for the 21st?? I really do think they need to think ahead 21st is definitely bigger then a 20th, especially speaking on American terms, in which part of movie worlds theme is American based. Ok maybe one new ride/attraction for the 20th but they should stop at that...

I have a picture of the log ride at Sea World and in the background you can see the thrill seeker, however the ride signage says Wild Wave?
The Thrillseeker opened as the Wild Wave Roller Coaster. It is now a travelling coaster known as the Taipan. (Database Link)
was the first map official, what website did it come from.Check out the front entrance!!!!! what is that behind police academy and beside that, near the maverick show??
I don't know if it was official or not. I can't find the website where I got them from but it was probably about 5 years ago. As I said before, all of those maps were from the same website except for the 2002 one which is from Theme Park Brochures. I might start up another two threads within the next couple of days with stuff from DW and SW.

• 4 weeks later...

Blast from the past this thread. Look at how good this park was between its opening and 1999. Looks like by its 10th birthday it was going down hill with the start of the replacement of all attractions in sight, the culling of everthing to do with a film related them... oh and caping it off by blatent out of theme additions like the horrible roof.

I'm going to come in and defend the roof here, because it really does smooth out the effects of weather, it makes the park much more pleasant in summer and in the rain. It's a sufficiently neutral and elegant form that I don't think it actually competes with the buildings in main street...In fact I'd say its height emphasises the verticality of the space, making the buildings stand out more (since your gaze will naturally sweep up towards the roof, taking in the upper levels of the buildings on the way) There's also little things, like the way it reflects the glow from the Roxy theatre lights, and the way both music and ambient sound get amplified (so the park sounds like its bustling) It's also enabled the park to expand its entertainment offerings (Case point being the DC comics night parade) since it acts as a big arse undercover venue, so they can light it and do water sensitive stuff without worry. I'm speculating that it would've increased revenue too (through functions, and through better attendance on days with less than perfect weather) Plus, all the cool kids have roofs (Universal Osaka, Singapore. Tokyo Disney....)