How busy is movieworld lately?

rival81

Can't say about Sunday but was there Wednesday and here's what I thought. Headed to Movie World today for the first time since space shot and the new roof. Although the weather was a little dodgy it was still a good day. Arrived a bit after 12 and the park was relatively empty. First of all park operations were good, most were a walk on or 5 minute wait. Rode Batwing, Superman X 2, Scooby, LW and saw Hollywood Stunt Driver. Scooby Doo was good all animatronics were working and lasers as well. The only downfall a lack of fog in the main room but still fun. All effects in Superman were working even the flood scene but when did they stop using mist out of the show building? Hollywood Stunt Driver is a big big big disappointment. It's the same thing over and over and over again. small on comedy, small on fun. The Police Academy Stunt show at least had a story line, was funny and great stunts. Marty barely saved the show - he was the highlight. It's hard not to compare this show with Lights Motor Action at Hollywood studios at DisneyWorld which I've seen - even though it pretty much is a rip off but at least that show is entertaining. I understand about budgets but surely they can do some 'real' jumps or something. Driving is impressive though but after the first scene I was 'meh'. As for the general atmosphere I was surprised at how much the roof detracts from the park. It really does take away a lot of the feel about main street. It use to feel like a backlot movie set walking along now it feels like a shopping mall. A big shame. I also did not see one character in the park except for Marilyn on her way out for her song. Finally paying for drinks in meal deals as well? dagh. Overall I had fun - 3 hours was enough.

hey Just have a sad notice to MW fans that shrek has been removed , they will be getting a new character!! it was SHREKS last day yesterday And at some stage will be expanding the daily Planet which shrek shop will be closed! :angry:

Edited by Randy23

I doubt this very much. It's not listed as being closed on their site. If this is troll, I call for 1mth ban!
Im pretty sure dude! i worked at for VRTP and i know some of the STAFF! well belive what you wanna belive!! I dont care i thought people wanted to know the INFO! Edited by Randy23

Just a quick question Randy, were you referring to the character or the attraction. Either way I highly doubt it also. With the new Shrek movie coming out I'd think Movie World would want to make the most out of having the license.
Yes it is quite funny that Shrek 4 is coming out but... what im talking about is the character. Then it will be replaced by another character Not mentioning! then later on they will have a new movie and also they will be expanding the daily planet to be called DC Comics Edited by Randy23

I'm guessing you left VRTP to pursue a career in teaching english grammar?
NO was that a stupid question? :P Happy ? Just also i have heaps of info about VRTP!! i have stuff about MW and what they are doing for there xmas and also info about halloween. If you dont want it you can wait till closer dates or you can get it from another insider!! But yous can wait till closer to date :) Edited by Randy23

Yes it is quite funny that Shrek 4 is comming out but... what im talking about is the character then will be replaced by a character Not mentioning! then later on they will have a new movie and they will be expanding the daily planet to DC Comics
Spelling, punctuation and grammar should be correct and proper at all times. Take the necessary time to properly form your posts, because if they are not up to standard they may be deleted. Many Browsers these days have built-in spell checkers so there is no excuse for not making the effort.
NOP!
One-word or single phrase replies are not acceptable. You should put some thought into a response, even if the answer is straight forward, it doesn't hurt to elaborate. ----------------- Sure if you want to post info whether or not it's genuine, but come on, at least try to follow the basic forum (and English language) guidelines

Let me remind you that most employment contracts usually stipulate a disclosure clause that endures beyond dismissal \ resignation. Randy is doing the typical "carrot dangle" that a lot of new and inexperienced park employees do. He knows he can't tell you, lest VRTP rip him a new one, but he'll pretend to know, and hold it in front of you. If DjRappa isn't talking, let me assure you - noone else who knows anything is talking either, because Rappa is usually the first to tell us, when he is allowed. Considering Rappa's position, and involvement in activities of this sort, i'd be waiting for him, rather than relying on someone employed to do carts and stalls with food and beverage, who still can't formulate a proper sentence.

Edited by AlexB

employed to do carts and stalls with food and beverage
Just be careful with general comments like that as people may be surprised with what influence such employees can have, and what activities they may be involved in.
Considering Rappa's position, and involvement in activities of this sort,
Whilst my employ does often allow me to be privy to all sorts of information, something like what is being discussed here is not likely to be something Id know. Needless to say however if I did, I would not be permitted to discuss in a forum such as this.

Went to Movie World. Wasn't too busy, but they seemed to be very low on staff, meaning that the lines for entry, ticketing and food/drinks were HUGE!!! And I think it stinks that the upgrade booth opens at 1:30pm. I know it's not a weekday, but surely they could open it a tad earlier? I was suck at the park until 1:30...

with the staff, the only way that more can be brought in on busy days is if they call people in or borrow people from wet'n'wild and from my experiences working there, it doesn't happen very often at all.plus they are running on winter staff so there's a major amount of staff not working till September. jake