Sign in to follow this  
ihatemisssly

What parks should I visit?

10 posts in this topic

I will be in the GC between the 11-14 July. What parks are the best for this time of year. Also what significant rides will be closed? Only have time for 2 parks, so I need help choosing! Cheers guys.

Firstly, by two parks, do you mean two days? My post is assuming you mean 2 days. If it were me I'd probably grab one of the DW/WWW $69 World Passes valid for unlimited entry until Christmas (see article, cheaper than standard daily entry). I'd go to WWW for an hour or two and ride everything at least once and then head over to Dreamworld for the rest of the day and catch the new Illuminate Winter Wonderland in the evening. Then on the second day I'd do Movie World and see the DC Comics parade at night. Because your visit is after QLD school holidays end, it would be a little less crowded than if you were to come a week earlier. I am unsure about other states holidays but I am assuming they are still running for that week - hence the lack of rides on maintenance schedule. The only closures you'd find would be at Sea World (Water Park, Aquarium, Shark Attack, Zoe's Sub Splash and Skyway) and Wet'n'Wild (Whirlpool Springs, Twister, Speedcoaster, Calypso Beach and Wave Pool if visiting after the 12th). Hope this helps.

Oh ok cool. Turns out my girlfriend already booked tickets for dreamworld somehow, so definatley going there. And you think Movieworld is a better option than SeaWorld? Thanks for the help!

Oh ok cool. Turns out my girlfriend already booked tickets for dreamworld somehow, so definatley going there. And you think Movieworld is a better option than SeaWorld? Thanks for the help!
I would recommend going to Movie World because the rides are better. Sea world is good if you like animals but the Aquarium and Skyway are closed. Definitely do what themeparkgc said and go to Whitewater World for an hour or two and in the evening go to illuminate.

I think movieworld is a definate MUST, but I would also go to Dreamworld if I were you. Those two are the best in my opinion. If you wanted to, you could probably do them both in one day if you are quick.

Just a hint, make sure you get to Movieworld as it is opening. That way you can get a whole heap of rides in early before the crowds start to arrive. That way the rest of the day can be spent taking the rest of the park in and you won't miss out on anything.