River ride for closure ?

Randy23

River Ride Closing in 2011  

24 members have voted

1. 1. If River Ride got demolish what would you turn it into?

• Indoor Coaster
    • another themed river ride
    • another show stage
    • indoor karts
    • laser skirmish
    • Others ( Examples)

That is an absolute shame. The Looney Tunes River Ride is one of my favourites, I realize that we need to move on from the Classics. But COME ON. Let me have just ONE attraction stay that is sentimental and means something to me. Movieworld's direction is dishonerable. Shame.

Edited by Spencer

If they remove the River Ride the only original attraction remaining would be the "Speedy Gonzales Tijuana Taxis"... Sure keep up with the times, but they have basically rebuilt the whole park and it has become a shell of its former self. Yes technology has advanced and the demand is for rides and the such, but as I have mentioned before, it is a movie based theme park, yes I enjoy "riding the movie" on Scooby Doo, Wild West Falls and Superman. But where is the full movies experience they once had? Walkthrough attractions such as Einstein, Matrix, and Harry Potter. While they might not have been big crowd pullers, they immersed the guest in the movie experience on a different level. The shows in main street have not been updated in at least three years, Batman is still fighting the scarecrow based on the 2005 storyline. What of the 2008 Dark Knight involving one of the best villians in recent Batman history? Keeping shows up to date with the times would cost a lot less than removing and replacing rides and would only require script and costume changes.

Edited by Wyncenuros

Status: Unconfirmed. Classification: Rumor. Action: Awaiting confirmation. Randy seems to know an awful lot about an awful lot, and is sharing an awful lot about it lately... lethal weapon is going, river ride is going and "plans are underway" for both these iconic and signature attractions Let's not be too hasty to shout down WVTP about all these changes.... we are talking a couple of years away here too - this far out, we'd still be talking about surfrider being installed next to corkscrew... "plans underway" can become "change of plans" very quickly - and that is IF - in fact - there are any plans at all. Didn't river ride have a huge refurb recently? Why bother if they planned to rip it out? Just my thoughts...

Randy, is MW really going to replace 3 of their rides in the next two years? I mean in the past week you have said:

This is pretty big plans for a park. I'm thinking that all could be replaced at some stage, but not necessarily in the suggested time frame.

Randy, is MW really going to replace 3 of their rides in the next two years? I mean in the past week you have said:

This is pretty big plans for a park. I'm thinking that all could be replaced at some stage, but not necessarily in the suggested time frame.

Themeparkgc, Yes they have plans underway but they havent yet confirmed when shrek will be replaced but the river ride is going to be closing next year and there are plans that LW will be closed down in 2012 so wait and see till then. Rumours are around the park that river ride will be replaced with an indoor rollercoaster like the Scooby Coaster but a kiddies one maybe? Randy23 Edited by Randy23

Three Things 1. Does Randy23 work at Movieworld because he knows alot. 2. I recon they should replace it with a river rapids ride like Kali River and thunder river. 3. I would be surprised if they can do these sort of things to the park because they have so many people there :rolleyes:

Three Things 1. Does Randy23 work at Movieworld because he claims to know a lot 2. I recon they should replace it with a river rapids ride like Kali River and thunder river. 3. I would be surprised if they can do these sort of things to the park because they have so many people there :rolleyes:
Im still not believing it til its official

I think the key point is Randy's own admission that he heard "rumors" around the park that it was a coaster. I think ALL of this is pure speculation. Fanning the flames of the rumor mill is something a lot of low-level employees have done here in the past - even back to the days of Wonderland and Roller-Coaster.com.au. Thing is - employees generally fall into 3 categories when they provide this information: 1) Pure speculation or pot-stirring, which turns out to be crap, and generally gives them a very poor reputation on the forums 2) High-level employees that DO know things, and share them when they are allowed to be shared - i think it's Bella or something at DW\WWW who seems to be fairly well placed and well connected and has been right almost every time 3) information provided to all staff members at staff functions etc, which is generally right before a public announcement, and generally only comes out a day or two before. From our own experiences we all know that things change in the theme park industry - Whatever happened to Jamberoo's 10 year plan? We've seen their dark mammoth, and thats about all. Things change with economy, government approvals etc etc. Usually the DA's on the local town plans are our first indication that anything is going on. I usually encourage a grain of salt with anything that is yet to be confirmed - In this case, pack it in a few kilos of rock salt so it will be preserved indefinitely - because it is unlikely that any of this will happen as stated above.

Well the rumour mill has been pretty good to us so far this year, and according to the grapevine, one of the things you've said is totally untrue, one is (to me) quite plausible, and the other is heavily rumoured to be true. Knock yourself out Internet! :) Never mind if it's happening or not; if it was up to you, what would you replace River Ride with? Remember it's in Kids' WB Fun Zone so it has to be family friendly and ideally fit within that theme (not just Looney Tunes). Another River Ride themed to something else? Another indoor coaster? Dark Ride?

Edited by joz

Well the rumour mill has been pretty good to us so far this year, and according to the grapevine, one of the things you've said is totally untrue, one is (to me) quite plausible, and the other is heavily rumoured to be true. Knock yourself out Internet! :) Never mind if it's happening or not; if it was up to you, what would you replace River Ride with? Remember it's in Kids' WB Fun Zone so it has to be family friendly and ideally fit within that theme (not just Looney Tunes). Another River Ride themed to something else? Another indoor coaster? Dark Ride?
I know what you mean, I really hope it's not some Ben 10 crap or other s*** that's on Kids WB either then Looney Tunes. I hope it'll be Looney Tunes themed. If not, that would be really disappointing! It's got a chance it could be turned into the What's Up Rock? And the stage near the Wild West Falls could be turned into something else? Hopefully something good and Wild West related. Because the Looney Tunes River Ride does look like a pretty good place to put a show stage in aye? But I'd really rather the river ride stay where it is now!

Keep the river ride, keep the boats and the general river course. But change the ride to a Looney Tunes Shoot em up! Install laser guns along each row of seats, upgrade the theming along the banks of the river, and give families things to shoot at! Think Buzz Lightyear or Toy Story Mania. It means the building wouldn't need a lot of doing up, it's cheaper then building somethign brand new! And its a ride that people could ride over and over with the whole family! OR! Get the water out of the river and build a track that 2 seater cars can travel along and spin 360 with the same laser gun challenge. use the exsisting infrastructure, just update the themeing and make it interactive

First of all I'd like to thank AlexB for the kind words. If looney tunes does close - that would be awful, it gives the young families a ride which has a story, decent themeing with a little thrill as well. The idea of a shoot em up style game would work in that area. I think they need to improve the Wild West area of the park and place a show in the theatre related to the area/updated movie. Stunt show - musical - audience participation like fear factor but theme it too something good - Harry potter.

I went to Movieworld today and went the river ride. The ride itself is really falling apart. Here's what I saw today:

• The boulder was removed
  • Some characters were also removed (e.g The skunk, forgot his name)
  • A number of items did not operate, particularly the tree

I don't really blame Movieworld for closing the ride but it would be a sad loss for the park, (The river ride was my first "water ride"). At least something equivalent or better should replace the ride.

^^ How can you not blame MW for closing the ride, its their fault for letting fall into disrepair, just like its their fault for letting BT get to the point its at. Now if the River ride is really bad like that then its fallen apart really quickly because when I went on it last at the last school holidays it was running perfectly with everything working as it should, apart from a really unenthusiastic staff member :( Ok I'm going to say rumoured to be true is Shrek because I remember again on the rumour mill that when it opened WVTP signed a 5 year deal to secure the rights to use the ride and film and obviously naming and characters at from what I heard a fairly large price tag per year. Now its coming up around five years which would mean if it is true the contract is up for renewal. However with the new Shrek coming out I would imagine the company keeping the ride for a few more years. But if what Randy says is true the character and store are already no more it just adds more fuel that's what it is. Could be plausible, well its tough one but simply based on cost and what is currently on offer... River ride, could be done cheap, but still to a good level. It is old, however that's no excuse to just get rid of it, but just to me it seems plausible, no matter I would HATE to see it go, its a good crowd soaker, great for hot days and everyone just really loves it no matter if their young or old, its always re-rideable no matter how times you've already been on it before and you get to see your favourite Looney Tunes character and we all know Bugs is the best!! :) I see as completely untrue is LW because It was just so expensive when it was built, not only that the park only has 2 big roller coasters, you take that out your left with one and your left with a park that doesn't have a coaster that loops, to me it would just seem pretty stupid to take something like that away especially if it was being replaced by another coaster, when we've previously seen if you put the new Vekoma trains on the ride and what is a relatively cheap option and makes it as good and as smooth as a B&M (not my words, read it on a review when they put on a coaster overseas) but no matter to me its a no brainer. However having said that LW is missing a train and has been for sometime and from all accounts it ain't coming back and it is the ride that doesn't exactly have the best story, theming to it. But I do remember hearing it was suppose to have a much more elaborate set but due to money it was cut back, why not put that extra bit of theming in it some fire like on X2, the new trains, just really bring some life into it. So there's my thoughts on it... also though the last 2 there's pro's and con's in both of them so it could go either way as which one is completely untrue and could be plausible!!

I think it would be absolutely terrible if the River Ride was closed. The attraction is an absolute classic. It reminds me of some of the Disney rides and you don't see Disney removing their older attractions in a hurry! Some of them date back to the 60's! The ride has so much charm and atmosphere as you are floating along the river. And then there is that fantastic climactic end which everyone loves - no matter how old you are

Edited by GoGoBoy

which everyone loves - no matter how old you are
Thats a pretty broad assumption, i found the river ride to just be an aging indoor boat ride that was so predictable i could tell what was going to happen before it did. OHHHH NOOOOO i wonder if that huge tree is going to fall down...... of course it does. I dont mind that its designed for kids but that technology is so outdated imagine what they could do just modernizing it.

The Looney Tunes River Ride has a very special place in my heart. When 1st visiting the Park back in the day it was only 1 of 2 rides (the other Gremlins) and the scale of the attraction was my first reminder of a Disneyesque style ride landing here in Australia. I was so takin by it, I just had to work there one day!! I got my wish and having also worked many years as a presenter and then Supervisor of that attraction, I know it like the back of my hand and would regularly traverse the moat (prior to flooding the place daily) and groom the furries, collect rubbish and report damage, wear & tear. Whilst in my role at the Park I was festidious about attention to detail when it came to the presentation of the rides and this is one thing that just makes me so angry to see that many of the same people (now in higher positions) just seem to turn a blind eye to problems today. Sadly I think the Tune Ride's days are numbered and the rumours are indeed true. It is one of the signature attractions of Warner Bros Movie World and a place where Warner Bros. iconic Looney Tunes Characters come to life, or at least once upon a time they did anyway. Personally I am expecting the Tune Ride will close for good this year and I hope at the very least the plans are to maintain the same character representation when the site re-opens as a new ride for the Park's 20th Anniversary next year and NOT some fly-by-night theme. Looney Tunes are absolute classics in their own right and one of the park's most valuable assets. Surely Management know this