What will get you back into the parks?

Hi Everyone! I am a pretty mad themepark enthusiast. But lately I feel like the parks on offer on the "Gold Coast" are just not offering enough to get me to visit. It only takes about 40 minutes to get to a park, and I have an annual pass, but have no desire to go!!! A mixture of reading reviews on here, and hearing about bad decisions being made at the parks has got me wondering... what can the parks do to get me back through the gate? Free drink refills are not cutting it and lacklustre laser shows just don't do it. Dreamworld.... needs to put the theme back into themepark. "So many worlds in one" - I've never quite understood this... I see the animal park as distinctly different, and the waterpark... so that's three. When I go to a themepark I want to be immersed. I want to forget about what's happening in the news. If Dreamworld fixed the themeing and some of the queue lines.. (see cyclone and tot) I would be more willing to head back. the TOT queue reminds me of some back alley toilet with all the graffiti. On visits to DW the staff seem surly and unattentive. Movieworld.... This is a MOVIE park. HSD, a show where cars go around in circles.... no real story line! The best part of the show is the audience interaction. Batman desperatly needs an update. River Ride has no re-rideability. Scooby is a shell of its former self. WWF looks run down. I remember when they use to have fake rocks covering the cameras out the back in the flume section. Now the cameras are just there. It's the small things like this that make me cranky. Where is all the street performances? The new parade sounds interesting, but is it enough for me to go back? No. Get more performers on the street. Bring back the street theatre crew and i will come back to the park Seaworld... Education should be fun... SW need to fix Bermuda. What was an exciting and exhilerating ride has turned into a confusing mishmash of ideas. How can a new rider follow the story line? If Bermuda was returned to what it was - i would visit again. Wet N Wild... am leaving this one out ! Because i've never been a fan of waterparks! lol. If you've made it this far, congrats! So my question is, What will get you back into the parks? Are you excited about anything coming up that has been announced at the parks? The things I have said are just my opinion! Some people might not care about street theatre, they might want a massive ride or something. Neway, i think this might be interesting nate

Well, I'm not sure about the Gold Coast theme parks, but if I were to give some ideas for them, I'd say some parks need some improvement. All of them seem okay, though I can't give any real feedback on them because I haven't gone to them before, but I do feel they need more thrills. For one, I feel that Dreamworld/Movieworld needs a new coaster, most likely a B&M coaster since it could be Australia's first coaster. Perhaps we could have two B&Ms, one for Movieworld and one for Dreamworld. One coaster could be a standard sit-down hypercoaster/gigacoaster, and the other could have a different form, like a stand-up, floorless, or whatever. A new Movieworld coaster would need to be themed though, maybe after one of the Batman villains or something. The only thing I could say is that NSW needs another park. With Sega World and Wonderland gone, LPS is the only park NSW has to offer. I already gave my opinions about LPS and how it needs more thrills such as keeping Wave Swinger, bringing back Ranger, and adding a Rainbow, KMG Experience and Mondial Swinger as new and permanent additions for the park. Yes, LPS seems to focus more on entertainment than rides, but to me, most people go to amusement parks for the rides that are on it, and that's exactly what LPS needs to understand. Even so, NSW does need another park. I think someone ought to resurrect Wonderland, or at least construct an amusement park bigger than LPS. That's my two cents. T-Rex

^ A new big coaster would be great, but I think DW wouldn't have enough space (now that they sold off a heap of land) and I think MW would have noise complaints if they built coaster further out than LW (closer to the homes). Rather than add anything new within the next year, I would rather the Gold Coast parks invest some money into maintaining their current attractions like DW is doing with the Tower of Terror. Everyone knows about the state of Bermuda Triangle and how much it needs to be fixed.