VIP Pass is Back!

Intamin

Yeh, this is a shame as it will mean long queues year round. That won't stop me getting a pass but i hope this new pass helps fund a new coaster at movieworld. I would have thought that $200 for a year would have been a better price point, i mean you are effectively getting THREE annual passes. I hope the parks aren't short changing themselves and are able to maintain a decent level of staffing to keep queue times down.

Yeh, this is a shame as it will mean long queues year round. That won't stop me getting a pass but i hope this new pass helps fund a new coaster at movieworld. I would have thought that $200 for a year would have been a better price point, i mean you are effectively getting THREE annual passes. I hope the parks aren't short changing themselves and are able to maintain a decent level of staffing to keep queue times down.
This hurts the parks and significantly affects their margins. It probably explains why they are looking to cut back in other areas. $99 for 3 parks for a year is ridiculously cheap. It was only a couple of years ago that the parks were charging just a bit less than this for ONE entry to ONE park. I'd be very surprised if this heavy discounting won't have a significant impact on their revenue and ability to fund new attractions

Hey guys Im here to tell you that Dreamworld is copying VRTP/WVTP deal they will be rolling out there pass which ends on the same date as WVTP 30th june but dreamworld has a catch if you book online you get another month FREE!! so ill sum it up, on Monday July 5 they be will release a $99 Unlimited World Pass, giving you unlimited entry until June 30, 2011.

^I'm gonna come straight out and say this, but what's the point of getting the DW one? The only new attraction they are getting is TOT with extra special effects....And possibly something at WWW if they decide to do what they did with the Wedgie and launch something at Easter.... To me the WVTP one represents far better bang for your buck with the number of full sized attractions opening by the end of the year (Heck I'd snap one up quickly just to keep going back to the DC parade before it finishes)

I have heard that DW's $99 pass will only be available to purchase until the end of August. This again tells me that they might be hoping that the ToT re-launch will be a big enough deal to draw the crowds in (as it's supposedly opening in September). If this is to be the case they are going to need to do a lot more than just add a themed tunnel to the ride

Edited by GoGoBoy

The only reason people would buy a DW/WWW pass is because they've just spent a year at VRTPs and want a change. I reckon advertising upcoming attractions now to current VIP holders is a good plan of attack. Curious how they haven't said anything about what Movieworld's doing yet... Oddly enough, I'm a bit more optimistic about this year, I think the fact that they're investing in the parks despite the huge discounts makes me feel that in the case of MW, the worst is over (or in the case of SW, that the park isn't going to get much worse) and hopefully we'll be seeing things improve over this year. Hopefully, I'm proved right :)

Well if DW/WWW are doing a similar promotion I think it would be time to start pushing it, because once again WVTP are shoving their new pass down everyone's throat again in terms of marketing. I agree with you Joz I really hope SW can only get better, and with it being their time this year for a new ride/attraction and WnW getting something one would assume that it would be MW's time next year for something new and shiny!!

Well if DW/WWW are doing a similar promotion I think it would be time to start pushing it, because once again WVTP are shoving their new pass down everyone's throat again in terms of marketing.
I agree with this comment. As an Ardent Leisure shareholder I will be really annoyed if Village ends up wiping out DW/WWW again with much better revenue and attendance figures. Ardent should have learned from last year

• 1 month later...

I think Dreamworld/Whitewater World will defineatly be bringing something out big for each park this year or next year. I think we MAY POSSIBLY see Phase 2 (well some like to say Phase 3) for Whitewater World with the recent news about how they're going to but a lot of investment into the parks for RIDES, not just attractions. I also think if they used Illuminate right, it would bring in massive crowds, not just adding a little snow and hoping for the best. The snow did get better as crowds rose, but I think something spectacular, almost Disney like (obviously not on their 90k per day attendance scale) but awesome to geting everyone go WOW, not just adding random effects together. I think we will see something and Illuminate should only get better.

What do you mean by that, Because i told my family to purchase them in which they did a few weeks ago and went that next day and i looked at there passes. There a actual card (Plastic card) like staff cards and Annual pass holder cards.
Yep, you definitely get a plastic ID card.
Nope, comes on a laminated non water proof piece of shitty cardboard (basically just a laminated business card) they even had the actual card machines there. Everyone was complaining about the quality considering they need to last a year. I'll post up a couple of pics later.

^I know the type you mean. They are often attached to paper letters from banks, travel insurance companies etc and typically used as a reference card for important company contact numbers etc . You peel the card off the letter and keep it. If you want them to last, my advice is not to leave this type of card in your wallet. The warmth from riding around inside your pocket day to day has a tendency to make them go sticky and glue themselves to the inside of your wallet, other cards etc (And the printing subsequently gets damaged when you try to separate them again) Keep them in a safe place instead, just don't forget them when you're actually going to a park!

Nope, comes on a laminated non water proof piece of shitty cardboard (basically just a laminated business card) they even had the actual card machines there. Everyone was complaining about the quality considering they need to last a year. I'll post up a couple of pics later.
Mine is definitely good quality ID plastic.. got it in mid-late July.... The only guess is that the printer/s were broken down... I work with printers just like those (bocca printers) and they are pains! However if it was all of them then it must be a larger problem. I do know that dreamworld was giving the usual cardboard tickets for the 6month passes.