VIP Pass is Back!

Intamin

I love it... It's so great, this pass cheap as and great value ra ra ra... Oh hang on, why don't I get an expensive hard plastic card? If people want the cheap pass, you can't also expect the benefits of the old expensive annual passes. Only stands to reason.

One way to force you to buy a locker at WnW maybe since they arent waterproof lol
I guess its worth raising that Queensland drivers licences aren't waterproof, and that has yet to present any problems for me. Anyway, WnW is near impossible to visit without a locker. Literally, the only way to do it is to be dropped at the park in your swimmers, and then picked up at the end, with a towel being provided by said person.
and will probably end up being lost
Why is that specific to the type of card it is? You can lose plastic cards too... Edited by Gazza

I love it... It's so great, this pass cheap as and great value ra ra ra... Oh hang on, why don't I get an expensive hard plastic card? If people want the cheap pass, you can't also expect the benefits of the old expensive annual passes. Only stands to reason.
Why is it then my dw/www $99 pass is a proper card and offers discounts similiar to a annual pass? Seeing this is making me question getting a "VIP" pass!

* Dreamworld & WhiteWater World Birthday Club - come to Dreamworld or WhiteWater World during the month of your birthday and Receive a 50% discount for up to four friends on 1 Day entry.^^ * Receive 10% off all merchandise in the Park.^^^ * Bring family & friends to Dreamworld and receive a 10% discount when they visit with you. (max. 4 people per visit). ^^Can only be redeemed once ^^^Excludes already discounted & reduced stock It would be good if you could get a F+B discount on that pass as well... but it's better than a kick in the pants I guess.

* Dreamworld & WhiteWater World Birthday Club - come to Dreamworld or WhiteWater World during the month of your birthday and Receive a 50% discount for up to four friends on 1 Day entry.^^ * Receive 10% off all merchandise in the Park.^^^ * Bring family & friends to Dreamworld and receive a 10% discount when they visit with you. (max. 4 people per visit). ^^Can only be redeemed once ^^^Excludes already discounted & reduced stock It would be good if you could get a F+B discount on that pass as well... but it's better than a kick in the pants I guess.
Someone might of seen my post on the Facebook page for Dreamworld (I was answering a question) and there was someone complaining about the buy 3 get one free at WVTP compared to Dreamworld & WWW. So I did an add up for them. Buy 4 WVTP's VIP and you get just under $100 savings. Buy 4 Dreamworld ones (This was when they were released) and you get a maximum of 4 half priced adult tickets for Dreamworld it is $144 per card, which is $576 for the 4. Then add the one month free if you get it online (Don't forget, this is calculated when it was a full 12 months) which is $99 divided by 12 timesed by 4 which adds to $33. So in total, it's over $609 if you use all the discounts to the best possibility. So, when you think 'bout it this way, it's over $509 more savings than WVTP.

it's over $509 more savings than WVTP.
Savings for whom though? It's ridiculous to suggest that any sane family would be planning on buying 16 half price adult tickets for other people purely out of the goodness of their hearts, and subsequently taking advantage of the saving. I'ts like saying that the DW pass offers $100,000 dollars of savings over the VIP pass, just spend $1 Million on merchandise. The 4 for the price of 3 for the VIP pass is a tangible saving for the average family, spend the money and you're already on top from the get go. Edited by Gazza

Well there you go, glad I got mine last month too so that I got a proper card.
Agreed :)
You have to look at it from the customer's perspective..
  • My last WVTP VIP pass was a card why isnt this
  • My $69 Dreamworld Pass is a hard card, This is more expensive eh?
  • My friends VIP pass from a month ago is good, why isnt mine?

I can see this from a customer perspective, but can also understand why they did it I am just curious as to wether they still carry a $25 replacement fee :P.

Quick tip RACQ card offers 10% off F+B and Merch and you dont need to get the ticket through them. Edited by Jordan M

To be honest in my opinion if your reasons for choosing which pass to get are based on the card itself then get the dreamworld one. The dreamworld pass gets you less attractions and less parks so yes sure they should be making a better card to justify the price. Honestly cheaping out is a pet peve of mine and I could go on all day about generic napkins and single ply toilet paper. But I really could care less if the pass isn't a hard card. As Gazza said, qld drivers licenses are nothing more than a laminated piece of cardboard. My coles discount card is of the same material as the VIP pass and it's in my wallet all hear round, gets used all the time and Ive never lost or damaged one...

To be honest in my opinion if your reasons for choosing which pass to get are based on the card itself then get the dreamworld one. The dreamworld pass gets you less attractions and less parks so yes sure they should be making a better card to justify the price. Honestly cheaping out is a pet peve of mine and I could go on all day about generic napkins and single ply toilet paper.
I have a VIP pass and a Dreamworld pass (although not the current offer). I agree that WVTP is a much better offer/value. My point was how alot of people would see it, nobody would not buy the pass cause of it (already paid anyway) but that it would annoy people slightly.

You have to look at it from the customer's perspective..
  • My last WVTP VIP pass was a card why isnt this
  • My $69 Dreamworld Pass is a hard card, This is more expensive eh?
  • My friends VIP pass from a month ago is good, why isnt mine?

Exactly my point. Why make some a proper card and some not? If it's a cheaper alternative, why not just do it from the start? I wouldn't mind if all of them were the same one way or the other. I heard a few other people complaining out it too and saying their friends had them done at WnW/SW and got the proper cards.

I really don't think that WVTP are shortchanging themselves by selling $99 triple park passes. I'd say most Queenslanders are unlikely to visit more than one theme park in a year when paying full retail price. These passes keep people coming back - driving up in-park spending and word of mouth advertising. If this wasn't the case then we wouldn't be witnessing the third return of the VIP pass - I'd say it's doing wonders for their bottom line.