Sign in to follow this  
Intamin

Seeing Stars

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Every time I have been on Superman Escape, at the bottom of the first drop to the top of the second hill, I get those "silver stars" kind of thing. I have looked on the internet and people have said they get this from standing up to quickly. I also get this occasionally. Scientists claim it is to do with low blood pressure, or change in blood flow to the brain. This makes sense, since on Superman Escape it changes from positive to negative g's. Just to let you know i am not afraid of it and still enjoy superman as much. I have not experienced on any other roller coaster (haven't been on any overseas) and was just wanting to know if any of you have experienced this on Superman or other roller coasters. Thanks guys.

and was just wanting to know if any of you have experienced this on Superman or other roller coasters.
I think it can happen on any coaster with strong G forces...Schwarzkopfs are known for causing this effect on riders. Coaster wise, I personally have only had it happen on the helix on Nemesis in the back row, but I've had it happen in ordinary life when I've obviously moved my head too fast or something.

In the mechanical effect section, it refers to changes in blood pressure. This would certainly be the case with "a high speed, physical attraction.... ....rapid acceleration and deceleration, sharp turns......" (weird feeling of deja vu - anyone else think that sounds familiar?)