Matrix will arrive at Movie World?

thunder001

1 member has voted

1. 1. Matrix will arrive at Movie World?

• Great!
    • Okay
    • Ridden Better
    • I like it!
    • It isn't bad.
    • Please change it.
    • Other (specify)
    • B&M
    • Vekoma
    • Arrow
    • S&S Power
    • Mack
    • Intamin AG

Fine, if no one else will, then I'll just fly the launched coaster flag on my own :(   Actually, like most people, I'll be happy with anything, although something original would be nice.  Its just a bit saddening that there are so few custom rides in Australia, so hopefully that can be rectified in the future. Just curious, has anyone noticed anything going on around the old Maverick building?  I know its probably not the easiest place to notice things happening, but I just thought I'd ask if anything has been noticed.
The problem for me is that if its a launched coaster, then changes are it will be a short one or two trick pony. Dreamworld already have two of these and it would be hard to top them in height and speed. However a hyper ~ 200ft would be easily the best rollercoaster in this country and, in my opinion, really bring people back to the park just to experience it again. A nice paint job and some great theming would also make it easy to market.

I would also like to point out, that if we did get a lauched ride, that it probably wouldn't be a world beater. For example: If it was an intamin rocket, then it would probably be along the lines of Xcellerators height and speed, rather than dragster. Same if we got a TA2K, it would probably be of the smaller variety.

I'm with you Joz. I think that a launched coaster would work if done right. Think of the launched coaster with the most inversions in the world....Record Beater. Plus the lenght spent in line would be less due to no lift hill. Also you can build it in a more compact space as there is no lift hill required, and if needed the launch can be built underground, again saving land used in the park Picture this...the ride starts as a launched style and shoots you underground only to come up into a fenced area holding all of the looping elerments in a small section of land and then goes back underground to the station area. This would allow for another attraction/shops to be built on top of the underground station. And if you want to get very tricky, you have sections of the launch track as a clear lidded area, like heavy duty perplex to cover the track so that those to young to ride can see the train fly past their feet and be completely safe. This may only be me dreaming out loud at this time, but you have to ask yourselfs when the parks run out of room for their rides, is this something that the parks will do due to no space. Food for the mind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, our good friend King Neptune posted at westcoaster.net saying that Matrix is looking to be a walk-through attraction to replace Harry Potter. There could still be a chance for something more thrilling. I don't need the "Movie World is a family park" line, because as far as I'm aware, The Matrix is a very "thrilling" concept - it's the exact opposite of something like Harry Potter or Scooby Doo. Well, if it is the case that it's only the walk-through, I must applaud Movie World on taking what are easily the biggest sci-fi films of the past 20 years (no giant Star Wars fans among us I hope :)), and utilising what is presumably pretty close to 100% exclusivity, to opening something even better than the "stunt" show we were all dying for - a Harry Potter for the big people. I'm not going to complain bitterly (that's of course assuming that I'm not doing that at the moment). I'm not even going to give my utterly perfect opinion on what they should have done. In the end, I could really care less. Just one thing's for sure - I'm not going to spend my $112 on a season pass, and probably about $20/month like I used to do (no wonder I'm barely scraping together the money for my US trip :P). But let's just hope this is just a warmup to the big Matrix coaster that's coming in Summer to coincide with Revolutions.

I'm not even going to give my utterly perfect opinion on what they should have done.
I'm sorry Richard, I was not aware that you passed a degree in design and management for theme and amusment parks. Nor were any of us aware of your in-depth knowlage and years of hands on work with the running and sucess of any theme park. I am humbled to be in your pressents. ROTFLMAS. :D You left your self right open for that one and you must have know it Richo. Let us leave it to the experts, cause if they do it wrong, they will get the blame for it. And only time will tell this. 8)

Maybe that comment needed some smilies or something around it - but it was intended as a joke. 8) By the way, you'd be really quite interested to hear to backgrounds of some of Warner Village's top guys (as I've heard it). Granted, they're probably the best in Australia at what they do, but you certainly wouldn't pick it based on what they were doing many years ago.