Ekka '10

lollydove

Hey all! I was surprised there was no topics about the Ekka yet, since it's coming up... I'm a Bris person, and I was a wuss about rides until the beginning of this year, so I never really went on Ekka rides.... What's your favourite ride at the Ekka, and what's you favourite thing to do there? Let the discussion begin!

Most of the rides are around the 7 - 8 Dollar mark, and RNA policy states that rides have to go for a minimum of 120 seconds (Except obviously Mega Drop and the Roller-Coasters) before they are even allowed onto the show site. The only rides that generally pass the 10 dollar mark are the "Extreme" rides like Speed, No Limit, Slingshot etc.

Most rides at Ekka are between $4 to $7, however they can range from a gold coin donation to $12. ^^^^ From the ekka site. Also... New rides for 2010 include: * The Mixer - $8 - The new extreme ride this year is The Mixer which will have riders thrown (safely) in all directions. * Hollywood Horrors - $10 - Another new feature is the never-before-seen-in-Australia Hollywood Horrors, which is a maze of rooms that have been themed around popular horror films. * Let's Make a Deal - $5 - Let's Make a Deal is a cheesy family fun carnival game where players have to pick a golden suitcase to reveal their prize - some of which have ipods inside! * Mirror Maze - $5 - This old-time family favourite has been completely revamped and will delight people in 2010! Traditional Favourites: Don't forget the traditional favourities rides that are back again year after year such as the Ferris Wheel. Also, make sure you check out: * Rock and Roll Ride - $8 - Chevrolet Cars and cool music from the 1950s always has everyone feeling as cool as Fonzy! * Euro Slide - $3 - The biggest slide in the southern hemisphere is a big crowd pleaser and will be back again this year. * The Viewing Wheel - $7 pp or $25 for 4 people - Slower than the Ferris Wheel, the Viewing Wheel lets riders enjoy the views and have a birds-eye-view of the Showgrounds. and... http://www.ekka.com.au/media/139057/showbags_list.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can't say which is my fave ride because I've never been to EKKA, but I know that some of the rides that were at this year's RES have been at EKKA, like Rock n Roll and Sky Flyer for instance. Rock n Roll has to be one of my favourites. Now that I mention the RES, I'm still wondering when will O'Neill's Rainbow finally return to the showgrounds. It's another favourite of mine, and I can't wait until next year's RES to go on Rainbow and XXXL (if they do appear at the 2011 RES that is).

Edited by T-Rex