Shrek Leaving...

mattcrombie

Randy23 I think you mean they'll show 3D movie's... not 4D, 4D involves all the special effects, while 3D is just the movie with all the things coming out you... so yeah 3D is 4D without the effects... if you get me. Also if they want a massive waste of a budget of buying glasses then its a great idea... I mean think of it, there's several ways out of the wave pool and even if they have people standing at each point collecting glasses so many people leaving at once, people will slip through, also people have big bags they take to WnW, they will sneak them through with that... I've seen people take the glasses from the Roxy, the wave pool would be a nightmare. People WILL take them as a souvenir no matter if its stealing or not, they'll think its cool and they'll see if they can use them at home and I'd like to see how they could stop this! Also why not use MW old 3D projector or SW 3D projector, since they don't show 3D movies anymore? Instead of using one thats high tech and only relatively brand new and get's used everyday and not once in a bluemoon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, 3D is when things 'come out' at you (sight) but 4D is when you can feel and touch things (ie. moving seats, fog effects and seaweed flying across the roof in sea world).
Well in Theme Park speak, yes 4D refers to an immersive 3D experience that involves Theatre goers with elements such as motion, light, touch, smoke etc.. But in reality; - The 1st dimension is Height - The 2nd dimension is Width - The 3rd dimension is Depth - The 4th dimension is Time - The 5th dimension is the space between Depth and Time otherwise known as the Twilight Zone Some of you may remember the original Roxy Theatre presentation? It was a film about 4D, but (by today's understanding) with no 4D features.. Gee I hope that's not the standard that lies ahead for this attraction? Joz, your post has got me mildly worried

They should try the same tech that the 3Ds (new nintendo) is useing-its glassess-less! :P
That particular technology relies upon the viewer being in a particular place (a 'sweet spot') for the effect to work. The 3DS will actually feature a slider to control the strength of the 3D effect to account for different viewing distances. As such it only really works for one person since if you aren't in front of the screen it wont work. This just wouldn't be practical in a theatre because its so big and hence has many different viewing points.

I would like to know how the cave smell in the roxy will be cleared for the new attraction. There was nothing like walking through those doors and having your nostrils raped by pungent layers of damp. Speaking of fetid aromas what is that stench in Main street that makes you gag. I never smelt anything like it before- hang on , yes I have , but that was in asia and there was no running water.

I would love MW to get the rights to The Simpsons ride from Universal! They already have the chairs, just need to modify the effects to suit the film!
But they'd need to tilt side to side wouldn't they? The ones in Shrek can only rock back and forth. Plus you'd need to re-do the film since the Simpsons is on an 'Imax Dome' screen (And hence distorted appropriately in order to provide the illusion of immersion) and the Roxy is just your regular screen. Edited by Gazza

ahhh thats sad :( good points all though! So what other 4d movies currently out there might be a suitable replacement? Terminator?! Just a quick Wiki search reveals the following current (or not so current) 4d movies playing aruodn the world . Would MW go to the expense of filming thier own masterpiece? Or just get the rights for one of these? Captain EO (1986) Haunted Lighthouse (2003) Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (1994) It's Tough To Be A Bug (1998) Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D Mickey's PhilharMagic (2003) Pirates 4D (1999), SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D (2000, 2006 Terminator 2 3D: Battle Across Time (1996), Fly Me to the Moon (2008), Journey to the Center of the Earth in 4-D (2008), London Eye 4D Experience (2009 Star Tours II (2011) Woody Woodpecker 3D (2010)

Would MW go to the expense of filming thier own masterpiece? Or just get the rights for one of these? Mickey's PhilharMagic (2003) Journey to the Center of the Earth in 4-D (2008),
It has already been suggested that Journey would be the likely candidate, so unlikely MW will film their own. As I said before though, I'd love Philharmagic... it isn't something I can see Disney on-selling though.
Journey sounds like a good one. I'd like to see something like Mickey's Philharmagic though - that one is incredible!

What about something like "Soaring over California"?
Wouldn't be much fun :rolleyes: Again, like BTTF/Simpsons, it relies upon a special type of vehicle, those hanglider seats that get lifted high into the air and moved into a dome shaped screen that encompasses your field of view. Please guys, we're talking about 3D films here, not simulators.