Shrek Leaving...

mattcrombie

Muppet Vision wasn't that bad and there is a new Muppets movie coming out (in the next year or so) but it is owned by Disney as well right? It relies on the same essential experience as shrek did (i.e. animatronics intoductions at the door and character getting hit into the wall and being electricuted)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a shame that the only thing people seem to be suggesting as a worthy replacement to the show is a clone of some other 3d show from far away. Not to mention ridiculous suggestions of Disney shows that will never appear anywhere other than in the hands of the Mouse Shrek4d is the 1st copy 3d attraction to come to MW (granted a dam good one) - the 2 before it were made specifically for MW parks, Marvin had it's debut at MW Germany and with it's show FX it was a superior show for the time. I'm really not keen to see another off the shelf 3D show come to MW if it means something inferior will replace what we already have. From what I've heard we can not only expect 1 but 3 of these.. awesome

The concept of rotating several different movies throughout the day isn't without some merit. It would mean you could visit The Roxy more than once per visit and have a different experience each time. It may also mean it could potentially soak up more of the crowd as people wouldn't just be visiting it once during their stay.

^ Other theme parks do it with two movies. Universal Studios Japan has both Shrek 4-D and Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic in the same theatre. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is similar. They rotate between Pirates 4-D and the Sesame one mentioned above. In saying that though, I think I'd prefer one good movie over a few average/poor ones.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched it last week - I was a good fit for movie world - and it was always popular, good through put etc. It was very apparent today while Superman was down, WWF was down for rehab, Shrek was closed, LTRR was closed and Batman was closed that the park is lacking!

Shrek 4D is shown at Universal Singapore also (Just got back yesterday). While the film is exactly the same, theirs is a purpose built theatre which had 3 times the seating capacity, and the pre-show room was bigger than a basketball court. They utilised a lot more special effects throughout the show too - lighting etc, rather than just the fairy dust sparkle at the beginning. The water jets fired a few more times, and the air cannons were quieter, and used more often. If you've never seen the show, Singapore isn't too far away, cheap and chips, and provides a much better show experience than MW (obviously due to a much bigger budget, and custom designed theatre)