sea world location

willsy

Its worth pointing out that in the parks history, it has claimed to be in 3 different suburbs (Surfers Paradise, Southport and Main Beach) so Southport is kinda correct. Main Beach (is that a suburb these days?) would probably be right, but stuff that gets sent to the park is sent to either Southport, Main Beach or Surfers, so take a pick which suburb you want to say its in.

You could pretty well put in big bold writing on an envelope "Sea World", put a stamp on and it'd get to the park from anywhere in Australia. On a side note, did you know that if you don't stamp a letter, they'll send it anyway, but attach a $1.50 bill for the receiver to pay? I guess we don't even need the stamp and not only will it get there, but they're also $1.50 short for their next mega thrill ride. :) I've always considered the place to be at Southport, and so do a lot of sources. But when it comes to the Gold Coast, I'm pretty well lost. I know the way to the theme parks, but that's really the extent of my knowledge. I'd have thought it's definitely too far north to be considered Sufers Paradise (as nice as that name looks in any address), and Main Beach could be anywhere as far as I know, so I'm happy with Southport.

In looking at a map of the Gold Coast suburb boundaries, it's clear that it is in Main Beach. Southport is on the "mainland", but the spit is considered Main Beach, so I guess Sea World is in the suburb of Main Beach. I was thinking just yesterday that it's time I revise all of the forum descriptions, so I guess I really have to some time soon. We don't want people going to Southport in search of Sea World and getting lost because they can't find it.:P I'd really love to see that if you can get your hands on it. I'm guessing 80's, when the name Surfers Paradise was as prestigious as Beverly Hills.

Give me a few days and I should be able to get a black and white version. Most stuff we get delivered is delivered to Main Beach, but we still get enough Southport and Surfers addressees to make you a bit blase on the whole 'which suburb are we in' thing. The whole Gold Coast is like that. Chevron Island is its own suburb and always gets called Surfers. Back in the old days of the Albert Shire (a council separate from Gold Coast City Council that controlled everything west of the Gold Coast Highway) Dreamworld wasn't even really on the Gold Coast.