US Trip - West & East Coaster Questions

mickey_079

Hey. My family and I will be heading to the US again with a few friends in 2012. Basic plan is really just to go Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Knotts, Disneyworld Resort, Islands of Adventure, Universal Orlando and Busch Gardens, of course with visits to places like Vegas and such in there. I just need to know however a few things, in our group there will be a few people who have back and neck conditions, nothing serious, just if they ride something like ghost rider it puts them out of action for a few days. I just need to know of any coasters these guys should steer clear, I am unaware of how Busch Gardens (Gwazi in particular) coasters are as this will be my first visit there. Also, a few of the people in my group had noticed there was a "up-close" coaster tour at Busch Gardens, anyone who has previously done this tour please give advice as to whether or not this would be any good for them. This being my third visit all else is pretty much covered. The expansions at DCA should be done with Radiator Springs being the only thing incomplete unfortunately, some new coasters to try since 2008, very exciting.

I hate to be a kill joy but I'd stay clear of all roller coasters. Even the smoothest of rides could still hurt riders. As far as Busch Gardens goes - I'd stay clear of Gwazi, scorpion, Kumba at times can be rough and Montu although one of the best inverted coasters EVER can be rough at points. I'd watch the rides for a bit and then decide. You don't want to ruin a trip on one coaster just to save face amongst friends.

The people with the back problems have been on all coasters excluding ones from Busch Gardens and the new woodie at SFMM. Like I said, absolute BONE rattlers are the ones I'm talking about. I am not steering my group clear of any rides, I just meant which ones should they sit out. My father and uncle are the ones with the back problem. Like I said they have been on them, my dad went on everything at SFMM excluding the Viper, Deja Vu, Scream (as its a bit jolty? at the best of times), and X2 which I have told them both to stay away from. I wouldn't say they have back injuries, there just fragile from coal mining all these years. Just because one or two riders or even all except one wont/cant go on a ride doesn't mean I will sacrifice going on it. The main concern was just Busch Gardens, which Gazza cleared that right up for me. I probably didn't phrase the question too well, but hopefully this one has cleared it up.

Edited by mickey_079

Gwazi - If you want the credit, then then end of the day. One nasty shaker, and for some reason my daughter likes it. Off for 20 days to orlando myself in December. Last trip was 2005 , so I guess a couple of new rides, and harry potter world for the kids. Tend to stick to universal/ busch/sea world myself as I hate the huge queues that disney has. Time to see what skeikra is like ( compared to Oblivion ), and now my daughter is tall enough to ride all the big rides ;) 14 day flexticket unless someone knows a better deal at the moment. Anyone got any ticket outlet recommendations that are not scams etc ?

Lol... Not really one of those "credits" guys... But I will definately do Gwazi. Harry Potter should be good, my sister is really looking forward to that. Last time I visited it was in mid to late January and had to wait no longer than 20 minutes for rides at the Disney Parks, with the exception for one public holiday. Space Mountain and Expedition Everest was always something like a 5 minute wait.