Dreamworld removing Flowrider?

lollydove

Today I needed to go to the toilet before my first time on the Claw (which was AWESOME) and noticed that the Flowrider was fenced off. Near the bathroom entrance you could peek through a bit, and from what I remember the surface was pulled back, and the bottom half was bare so you could see the wood structure... Would this mean they're removing the Flowrider? Don't have pics yet but a friend lost her favourite jumper at DW so we may have to go back again this weekend, and I may be able to take photos then.... Do you think they're going to put a different attraction in to outdo WnW and MW in some way? Do you think it's a good or bad move?

Since the surface is just a soft material I'd imagine you'd need to peel it back to perform maintenance on the equipment underneath.
Haha, yeah... I think I saw a bunch of wood planks on top of the structure as well, so that made me think that they were removing parts.... Also I hate to be off-topic but I don't want to start a new thread.... today on the Reef Diver with my friend, our first and second ride of it was fine. But on the third and fourth time, we heard the sound of loose bolts (her dad's an engineer or something so she knows the sound)- is it something to worry about or if we experience it again should we tell the ride op?

You can tell them and they will probably know if it's normal or not. What sounds like one thing to us can actually be completely different and it's the ops who hear the ride day in day out that will know what is norm and what is not. It is not uncommon to hear a loud BANG as Lethal Weapon leaves the station at Movie World, sounds bad but is usually just the train missing one link of the lift chain. You would be surprised to learn it's usually by hearing, that problems with equipment are first detected. But pays to be on the safe side, so go ahead and let the op know.

Edited by joz

The best case they are moving Flowrider and expanding Whitewater World. (But we all know that's not going to happen.)
Hey Guys News/rumours is that Dreamworld will be getting an upgrade from flowrider to flowbarrel and is copying WnW! yes i know it stupid and copycats! grrr!

Hey Guys News/rumours is that Dreamworld will be getting an upgrade from flowrider to flowbarrel and is copying WnW! yes i know it stupid and copycats! grrr!
Copying WnW? How is getting a FlowBarrel copying WNW? WNW are getting a smaller version of DWs FlowRider (one person at a time instead of two). My comment before as construction started was that it could be a FlowBarrel not that it is a FlowBarrel. Also, (since my original post about FlowBarrel) I have found out that the FlowBarrel can only be implemented if it is part of the Wave House venture by Wave Loch. Individual installations cannot be purchased. From this point on a vow to stop listening to Randy. ;)
The best case they are moving Flowrider and expanding Whitewater World. (But we all know that's not going to happen.)
Well if they wanted to go ahead with their original plans, they wouldn't need to move the FlowRider - only AVPX. Even though it is heaps bigger, AVPX would probably be easier/cheaper/better to move than the FlowRider because it wouldn't require a whole new concrete structure, just a flat base (which is already at Blue Lagoon). After all it makes sense for FlowRider to be in Ocean Parade.

You can tell them and they will probably know if it's normal or not. What sounds like one thing to us can actually be completely different and it's the ops who hear the ride day in day out that will know what is norm and what is not. It is not uncommon to hear a loud BANG as Lethal Weapon leaves the station at Movie World, sounds bad but is usually just the train missing one link of the lift chain. You would be surprised to learn it's usually by hearing, that problems with equipment are first detected. But pays to be on the safe side, so go ahead and let the op know.
Ah, okay. The first time we thought we heard loose bolts, my friend in the back (who was holding on to the door) thought it slipped open for a moment. We only heard the sound once completely upside down, when the wind was whistling past. Next time I go on if it's still there I'll tell the op, thanks for the advice :)
Yeah, I wish... I wish WWW could expand... (first park EVER that I went to, love the memories XD even though the park isn't very old)
Actually, that doesn't sound like they're copying WnW, isn't WnW getting 2 FlowRiders? WnW seems to be making WWW look bad by copying their rides but making them more extreme. Besides, where did you get this information? I don't really believe this story...

Putting AVPX over in Blue Lagoon actually kinda makes sense to me - in the most recent AVP movie that I saw, all the battles were taking place in otherwise abandoned areas - makes Blue Lagoon a perfect fit. (Don't quote me on this though, because it's been a LONG time since I saw the movie and I wasn't all that interested to start with)