Bungee Trampoline for MW & WnW

Original

So I happened to be on the Seek website and I typed in Movie world and found this http://www.seek.com.au/job/operations-atte...17883057/101/1/ Its a job for a bungee trampoline attendant at both MW and WnW so it looks like WnW is getting another up-charge attraction which makes 3 this year MW as well. So not sure where it fits Movie theme or water but hey thats what we're getting. Its also not part of WVTP these people must be paying the company to come in and offer this experience.

At least Dreamworld has themed the upcharge attractions a little bit. Personally I don't have an issue with Flowrider, but Redline is a bit meh for me. Bungee Tramp's are one of the worst upcharge attractions they could have possibly decided on for Movie World and Wet n Wild. I find it interesting that Dreamworld and WhiteWater World are trying to pick up the game, and we see Warner Village making the same mistakes Dreamworld made several years ago.

I think what Spotty is trying to say is that at least V8's upcharge is well done when it comes to it's theme, sure it might not be in the right themed land, but at least the inside and the attraction itself is themed adequately. Personally, it wouldn't be that hard to make the attraction fit the Ocean Theme, just change the race to the Gold Coast track and theme it appropriately.

and we see Warner Village making the same mistakes Dreamworld made several years ago.
I think one key difference is that these up charges aren't happening in lieu of new attractions, and that is key. Im not particularly interested in Bungee Trampolines at WnW for instance*, but it's not going to be a main factor in a decision to visit anyway because there are 4 shiny new aqualoops to keep me satisfied. The actual mistake DW made is that they built a bunch of up charges, and then tried to rely on them soley to boost attendance, with a complete absence of headliners. What I'm seeing at WnW is that the Aqualoops would work to improve attendances overall, and then the bungee trampolines then take advantage of that...
it wouldn't be that hard to make the attraction fit the Ocean Theme, just change the race to the Gold Coast track and theme it appropriately.
The issue then is the target audience (V8 fans) would be pissed at the lack of Bathurst. *The flying fox could be worth a try if the price is right. Edit: Haha, Aero Bounce Bungee Trampolines just broke anti discrimination laws:
The successful applicant also needs to possess the following: · Must be 18 - 26 yrs
Edited by Gazza

I think you'll find wvtp arn't paying one cent for these, if its an outside company they would be paying the parks to basically rent space, while they make their profit from customers, so the theme parks are getting money for someone to plonk something in unused space pretty much. I don't see it as a big issue, don't like them don't use them, simple.

I think one key difference is that these up charges aren't happening in lieu of new attractions, and that is key. The actual mistake DW made is that they built a bunch of up charges, and then tried to rely on them soley to boost attendance, with a complete absence of headliners. What I'm seeing at WnW is that the Aqualoops would work to improve attendances overall, and then the bungee trampolines then take advantage of that...
Hit the nail on the head Gazza. I read this thread from the beginning and everything you said was what i intended on replying with as well. The point is - the income from a lessor is guaranteed. WVTP are guaranteeing to make a certain amount of money from this venture, it doesn't impact on those that DON'T want to ride it, it provides an additional experience in the park to fill out a day... I also don't see this being permanent. Wonderland brought in Bungee tramps for a while, and put them beside the dodgems. It actually made a fair amount of money in the school holiday \ weekends, and the staff actually worked out a good deal for staff-rides during lunch breaks etc. It also worked well for after work drinks... I recall some staff set a record on rotations while drunk after work. I don't see an issue with this at all. It's not at the expense of a better attraction, and it's a filler to capitalise on vacant space to make more money for the next big attraction... bring it on. (from memory, there were more than 7 separate bungee tramp set ups at the ekka this year. Its obviously popular.)
I think you'll find wvtp arn't paying one cent for these, if its an outside company they would be paying the parks to basically rent space, while they make their profit from customers, so the theme parks are getting money for someone to plonk something in unused space pretty much. I don't see it as a big issue, don't like them don't use them, simple.
Precisely.

While this will make money for WVTP, themeing is what I go to a Theme park for. Movieworld say they are a Movie related theme park, a family adventure with all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood. How on earth do bungee trampolines relate, and where will they put them? Kids zone? Wild West? WNW i can handle, but MW?! I do not like this addition one bit. Nate

While this will make money for WVTP, themeing is what I go to a Theme park for.
And like most fans, you will still go. You won't be interested in doing it, but for those that don't go to the parks specifically for the theming, but just for the thrills, it is an additional experience that MW can offer.
Movieworld say they are a Movie related theme park, a family adventure with all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood. How on earth do bungee trampolines relate, and where will they put them? Kids zone? Wild West? WNW i can handle, but MW?!
How do they relate? Movie stunts? Bungee cords are used for stunts all the time. Aerial flips and such are a staple of action movies, especially in martial arts etc. Using bungee cords, and aerial wires achieves this. It might be a tenuous link, but it is one you could make. As for location - how about near intencity? What about main street over by Ricks? Near the carousel in WB Kids? Superman's piazza? You could put it anywhere, it wouldn't really matter. it's not going to get in the way of anything major, and will add value to a day in the park, make money for the park operator, which in turn leads to more money to spend on other things. I personally won't ride it, but i'm for it - it doesn't affect me in the slightest, and costs the park nothing, so i'm not losing anything, and i only stand to gain from it's presence in the park.... wheres the problem?

Didn't MW do something like this a year or so ago in the April holiday period. I'm pretty sure they added some trampolines and a couple of basketball hoops to Kids WB. Does anyone remember anything similar?
That right there was perhaps the most awkwardly named attraction in the parks' history....The 'CalciYum Kids Can Do Big Things Go Zone'