Halloween Fright Nights 2010

themeparkgc

Movie World have started selling tickets for their seven Halloween Fright Nights in 2010. No information about mazes has been announced yet but ticket prices have. The first night is $20 for a MyFun member, with the last three nights being $40 for a non-MyFun member. It's good to see they've started offering cheaper prices for those first few nights and not charging a flat rate throughout, then discounting at the last minute. As with last year, the major rides close at 9pm with everything else going until 11pm. Finally, they have banned masks which prevent facial identification this year.

Fright_nights_logo_110x88.jpg Fright Nights will be held at Warner Bros. Movie World on the 8th, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 29th, 30th and 31st of October 2010 from 6:00pm - 11:00pm. SUPERMAN ESCAPE, BATWING Spaceshot, LETHAL WEAPON and Wild West Falls will operate from 6:00pm - 9:00pm. All other attractions operate until 11:00pm. There are a limited number of admission tickets available for each Movie World Fright Night. You must join MyFun and login with your MyFun member login details in order to be eligible for the MyFun Member discount on admission tickets to Fright Nights. Ticket is only valid for entry on the date specified. WARNING: The event contains intense and explicit experiences and is not recommended for children under the age of 14 years. No face coverings, masks or make-up that prevents facial identification are permitted. Costumes and light facial make-up only is permitted.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to go to this last year but I decided instead to do Universal Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights (my favourite theme park experience ever) and Knott's Scary Farm. I'll be interested to see how much they amp it up this year, I'm tempted to go but a bit over six weeks I'm doing HHN in Orlando and Hollywood, Knott's Scary Farm, and Howl'o'Scream at Busch Tampa. I guess my point is that people are fanatical (and so am I now) about these Halloween events in the US and they are a huge draw - so there is a big opportunity for MW to turn this into something massive (it seems to be going extremely well already). I've heard that 15% of Knott's annual attendance comes from Knott's Scary Farm in the 27 nights it's on.

I just wish that their 4 biggest rides in terms of crowdsoakers (SE, LW Batwing and WWF) were open all night and not shut at 9pm... cause that only leaves batman, and Scooby plus the Looney Tunes area, only if its open! And a lot of people in main street!
The purpose of Halloween events tho shouldn't be to ride the rides that you can ride any day you go to the park, it should be to experience all the exclusive attractions the night has to offer. I'm guessing the main reason the rides close at 9pm would be council noise restrictions.

I guess a part of is that MW isn't normally open at night except for the Halloween event (is that right?), so it's a unique opportunity to ride coasters and other rides at night. Hopefully they'll keep adding more Halloween attractions so that the scary stuff is a visit in it's own right, what was it - 2 mazes last year? In contrast Knott's Scary Farm is crazy, last year they had 13 mazes, 6 shows, and 3 Scare Zones as well as most of the rides running (Xcelerator was closed because of the accident). I'll be interested to see how much MW cranks Halloween up this year.

Last year they advertised: Mazes

• Bedlam Manor
  • Dragon Alley / Torture Chamber (wasn't this the same maze - just different names?)
  • Fun House
  • Zombie Kill Zone
Shows
  • Bloody Freestyle MotoX
  • Les damned De Burlesque
  • Nightmare House

Knotts didn't start as a 13 maze etc event. Have a look at its history. It started with the Ghost Town section as the only attraction. Just like Knotts, MW is getting there slowly.

I agree, my point was more that Knott's shows what you can build an event up to. Though Universal Hollywood kills Knott's as an experience even with less mazes and shows, that was mind blowing, absolutely unbelievable. I probably won't be able to get to MW Halloween this year but it's awful tempting, the additional pain is that I'd have to hire a car because I couldn't see that it was covered by public transport back to surfers at closing time last year.

This October ‘Fright Nights’ at Movie World will be the scariest yet… your favourite theme park will be transformed into a playground of nightmares when two of the world’s most popular horror film franchises; SAW and A Nightmare on Elm Street, will come back to life. Fright Nights will be held at Warner Bros. Movie World on the 8th, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 29th, 30th and 31st of October 2010 from 6:00pm - 11:00pm. Edit: Please don't forget links when posting news. Cheers Gazza

Edited by Gazza

This October ‘Fright Nights’ at Movie World will be the scariest yet… your favourite theme park will be transformed into a playground of nightmares when two of the world’s most popular horror film franchises; SAW and A Nightmare on Elm Street, will come back to life. Fright Nights will be held at Warner Bros. Movie World on the 8th, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 29th, 30th and 31st of October 2010 from 6:00pm - 11:00pm. Edit: Please don't forget links when posting news. Cheers Gazza
i got it from an email on facebook.