Halloween Fright Nights 2010

themeparkgc

Movie World Fright Nights This October ‘Fright Nights’ at Movie World will be the scariest yet… your favourite theme park will be transformed into a playground of nightmares when two of the world’s most popular horror film franchises; SAW and A Nightmare on Elm Street, will come back to life. For the first time in Movie World history, these two iconic movies will be recreated as mazes for the return of the highly acclaimed 2009 Fright Nights. In 2010, Fright Nights at Movie World will up the ante on all previous horror experiences and totally blow your mind… every waking moment will be filled with unexpected fear and even shadows in the darkness will play on your subconscious – “Was that Freddy lurking in the dark, or… did you just see Billy the Puppet hiding around the corner…?” http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/Movie-World-Fright-Nights.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Movie World focussing on a more adult oriented event, this year Sea World is offering some Halloween Family Fun.

100831-sept-story6.jpgSEA WORLD TURNS SPOOKY IN OCTOBER! Visit Sea World this October and experience Halloween family fun at the Sea World ‘Spooky Fun Zone’! The Sesame Street Beach precinct will be transformed into a spooky spectacle with the arrival of Count Von Count from Sesame Street, a new live show, face painting, tattoos and fancy dress parades for the kids. It will be a spooky spectacle of fun for the whole family, so dress-up the kids in their favourite Halloween costumes and hurry to Sea World! The Sea World Spooky Fun Zone will come to life on the last four weekends in October.

For those of you who haven't heard here is each nights event line up for 2010. SUPERMAN ESCAPE, BATWING Spaceshot, LETHAL WEAPON and Wild West Falls will operate from 6:00pm - 9:00pm. All other attractions operate until 11:00pm. SAW Maze (MAZE Nightmare on Elm Street maze – ‘Freddy’s Nightmare Maze’ (MAZE) Psycho 3D maze (MAZE) Zombie Motor Cross Live Show (HSD venue) 7pm and 8:30pm (SHOW) The Offering (Main Street Plaza) 10pm (SHOW) Live Freak Show (Main Street under Big Screen) (SHOW) There also from what iv been told be scare ZONES. They will not be marked but there will be different areas in which entertainers will be able to scare you. (One main reason as to why Costumes and facial masks may not be worn this year) I have to say on a personal opinion note. Im very impressed with all the current changes, additions, new offerings, and new attractions that Village parks are bring to all of our parks across the board.

Edited by klassen24

klassen24 you beat me to it, but here is some descriptions with the attractions. SUPERMAN ESCAPE, BATWING Spaceshot, LETHAL WEAPON and Wild West Falls will operate from 6:00pm - 9:00pm. All other attractions operate until 11:00pm. SAW Maze Are you brave enough to enter the SAW maze… the game has moved to the next level… jigsaw is waiting for you! Nightmare on Elm Street maze – ‘Freddy’s Nightmare Maze’ Welcome to your new nightmare. A nightmare on Elm Street’s Freddy Krueger lurks within… but where? Psycho 3D maze Will you lose your sanity in a world of moving walls and 3D illusions? Zombie Motor Cross Live Show (HSD venue) 7pm and 8:30pm An action packed live freestyle motocross show goes wrong when zombies attack! What starts out as a simple Free Style Motor Cross show goes very wrong when Zombies attack. The Cheerleaders put up a fight but the Zombies just won’t stop. Action packed Free Style Motor Cross jumps mixed with some fully sick gore. The Offering (Main Street Plaza) 10pm The Priestesses of an ancient cult are performing their ritual dance but they need to find a sacrifice. They send their warriors find their quarry, after a short but bloody battle the ritual commences. Live Freak Show (Main Street under Big Screen) This live show of grotesque and bizarre feats will have you hooked and wanting more.

I never considered the prospect of Jet Rescue at night....I have to go now!
Unfortunately, the way the newsletter reads, this will only be a day time addition to the park on the last four weekends of October, and not a separate event. It probably makes sense for Village to not have two competing Halloween events, at least while the Fright Nights are still relatively in their infancy. I do however think a night time event at Sea World would be worth attending, perhaps at a different time of the year. 'Hot Summer Nights' perhaps?

^ & ^^, <3 <3 <3

It probably makes sense for Village to not have two competing Halloween events, at least while the Fright Nights are still relatively in their infancy.
How are they competing again? Would a family with kids really be 'choosing' a Halloween event with SAW and Freddie? Vice versa, is a teenager going to really going be considering a Halloween event with Sesame Streets Count? To me, it makes total sense to have clear choices for the level of scare people want. Think of the MW event being pitched in a similar way to Universals Halloween Horror Nights, and the SW event being like Disneys Mickeys not so scary Halloween Party.

^ & ^^, <3 <3 <3 How are they competing again? Would a family with kids really be 'choosing' a Halloween event with SAW and Freddie? Vice versa, is a teenager going to really going be considering a Halloween event with Sesame Streets Count? To me, it makes total sense to have clear choices for the level of scare people want. Think of the MW event being pitched in a similar way to Universals Halloween Horror Nights, and the SW event being like Disneys Mickeys not so scary Halloween Party.
Good point Gazza. I guess I was thinking in terms of the parks being open after hours still being relatively new and not 'doubling up' over that period, but you are right in terms of them being targeted at different demographics. The question is, would parents with kids of Sesame Street viewing age be looking to take them out to a park after dark? We have a son who's nearly 3 and although he likes Sesame Street, it would be hard to justify paying to go to the park for a couple of hours just to see the count. I haven't been to a Fright Night yet, but is it really that err, scary? I understand a SAW themed attraction is going to be, but is the overall vibe of the place that dark and terrifying, or would younger kids still enjoy the general atmosphere if not the mazes themselves (Don't worry I'm not asking to take my Son)?
Applying your logic of no competing events, I think Wet'n'Wild would have that time period reserved for their Dive 'n Movies. So how about 'Cold Winter Nights'?
It was just the first idea that came into my head (I was actually just hoping a few people would end up with that song from Grease stuck in their head and wonder why). Although, I thought the Dive in Movies were only on for a brief period over Christmas and Saturday nights. Surely there would be enough time over the warmer months to have non clashing evening events. As for 'Cold Winter Nights' maybe Dreamworld will have a snow-making machine they could borrow? At least the polar bears would enjoy it.

Frankly I don't think extended trading at SW over the Xmas hols would clash with dive-in-movies. It's not like SW closes at 5 and people go to WnW. Reality is that the locals go home, and the tourists go to Surfers for their evenings entertainment. SW you would think would be in the best position to do extended trading in Jan, (and I don't mean till 7, I mean till 10). They don't have locals to worry about, they're close to all the hotels and have their own which they can draw people from and between the Ski Stadium, Dolphin Cove and Sea Lion have 3 great venues which could all hold nighttime shows. In any case, this is probably a conversation for another thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I was about to say exactly what DJrappa just said, Beat me to it! By the way WVTP is still looking for "SCARE ACTORS" for this years halloween event. If your able to work the nights of the event and you love to get your scare on by all means this would be a great opportunity. Due to a lack in people knowing about the opportunity applications are still being taken up untill the 23rd of this month. All you need to do is head to Myfuncareers.com.au and go from there (Actual site below). This is a good chance to be seen, get to be apart of a big event for our parks. https://www.onetest.com.au/wvtpcareers/

Edited by klassen24