Halloween Fright Nights 2010

themeparkgc

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ What's wrong with what happychap said. It has been made publicly available on their Facebook page. In fact the second paragraph of happychap's post is copied directly from there. post-2117-1285055168_thumb.png These two new locations sound like they'd possibly have a bit more room than what the mazes have had before. Sounds good. :)

Edited by themeparkgc

I would recommend getting rid of the last 2 lines of your post happychap or im sure one of the sites mediators would be more than happy to do so.
I'd recommend reading the first line of his post :rolleyes: ;
This was said by Warner Bros. Movie World on their facebook page
PS, moderator, not mediator...A mediator is someone who aids in dispute resolution. Edited by Gazza

I'm curious. I lurk, and have for a number of years - so I'm hardly someone who blows in the door blazing something between ignorance and criminal stupidity, but incidents such as the one at the top of this page intrigue me. From everything I've observed if someone posts 'inside' information from the parks they are shouted down or chided by members on these forums that are already known employees of the parks for revealing information against their contract of employment. Why, exactly? I can understand if Parkz wants to protect its interests and as part of this feel that keeping on-side with the parks helps them achieve this end, but I'm curious to know how this works. Are the theme parks feeding Parkz information or providing them with special privileges sufficient to make them put an embargo on disclosures of information from the parks not yet made public? If this is not the case, than surely Parkz exists for people to share news, information and views on the parks themselves, doesn't it? If so, why not allow those whose identities have not yet been compromised to share the occasional piece of inside information with us? Or, alternately, is there some form of jealousy going on amongst outed staff that don't want others revealing information they couldn't for fear of being found out? It's not an entirely silly concept. I understand if Parkz doesn't want members to put themselves into a position whereby they could get into problems at work for what is said, but to this end wouldn't it be wiser to assist these members as much as possible in concealing their identity whilst still sharing the latest news with us? I run an Australian website that is a bit larger than Parkz and have many members who are in a similar position as far as employment contracts go, but it would be unthinkable for us to censor them on the basis that the information they are providing is not publicly available. We can and do remind them that if they are going to post information they should ensure their identity is not compromised, and sometimes we even allow them to sockpuppet (with moderator oversight) in order to keep their inside and outside persona's separate. So, I guess, I'm humbly asking why such an apparent policy exists, what it's aims are, and what alternatives are available. I'm not knocking the work of the Parkz team by any means, I'm just curious here.

As far as I know, what happened in the past, the parks kept us out of the loop because of the insider information being leaked here. When press events occurred, the staff here weren't invited, because of the leaks occurring. I think its a case of not wanting a fellow worker to get in trouble also. If you hear some information at work on the proviso that it won't be shared, then you hear someone else sharing that information, then it's highly likely they heard it from the same place you did, being your place of employment. If you're wanting to protect fellow workers from themselves, then this sort of thing is likely to happen. There's people on these boards who have worked in the parks for years, and they know how to tread the line, and they release this information to us as soon as they can. Often times a hint here or there from one of them and then everyone else fills in the blanks and we get pretty accurate ideas of what's happening around the place. I'm sure Richard or Gazza can do a better job of explaining why it goes on.

Ads is pretty well spot on. The parks generally do tell their employees ahead of time, and also tell them what can and can't be said about it at that point in time. By allowing rebel staff to leak it, the parks will just "put foot down" and stop sharing the information with anyone until the foundations are poured. We'd much rather know the goings on, within the realm of "Acceptability" as dictated by the park operators, than be shut out completely. I've been a member here long enough to remember when the press release was the first info we knew about a coming attraction and we were lucky if Richard could afford to take the time off to head out to the park for the day to attend the media launch (because he was the only one they would ever invite) - believe me what we've got now is much better. The parks are also SLOWLY realising that allowing a little info out about the attraction ahead of time is BENEFICIAL to their cause - word of mouth advertising etc, whereas in the past, the parks locked up their news until the last minute to prevent the competitor from stealing the idea, and building it first \ better. (aqualoop \ wedgie.... jet rescue \ mick doohan). Bottom line, we want to support them, so they support us. If we are seen to encourage "sock puppetry" etc, then we are less likely to receive the park support we receive now.

Halloween at Movie World is going to have ‘an edge’ this year and not just the one on a knife. The 2010 Fright Nights schedule will transform the theme park into a playground of nightmares, led by the interactive horror mazes. The attraction starts with the Saw maze, based on the horror movie franchise, followed by A Nightmare on Elm Street maze, based on the hit remake, and finishes up with a psycho 3D maze. Entertainment manager Christophe Broadway says the month-long event is going to bring some of the best on-screen horrors to life. “What people are going to love is that the horrors they will see on screen will be happening around them..” - Play pg. 5 – Gold Coast Bulletin 23/9/10
EDIT: Post is up http://gcguy.net/2010/09/23/exclusive-movi...what-to-expect/ Edited by Jordan M

Parkz has no policy of what members can or can't post. Except in rare circumstances we won't edit/delete "leaked" information -- if someone wants to post it that's their prerogative. I'm personally not that concerned with getting on the parks' "good side" because it simply doesn't work. We've tried a lot of different approaches to this, but at the end of the day if we want to get news out first -- such as our accurate reports of TOT2 back in February, or AquaLoop back in December -- and actually be a source for original, interesting content rather than rehashed press releases, then we need to operate outside of the confines of the parks' own media strategies that are based around TV/print/radio spots around the time of new attractions. Members can post what they like, leak what they want. If other members choose to react to this negatively then that's their choice, but as it stands Parkz has no official policy on the matter.

I love the idea of the themed/branded mazes - especially the Nightmare on Elm Street one. Freddy is seriously scary. Seems like MW are doing a great job. The general public seems to really like these scare mazes as was evidenced by the success of the Mummy at Dreamworld. It was their only 'filler' attraction that actually seemed to draw a crowd (which makes me surprised that they haven't done one for a while)