T-Rex

Campbelltown Fisher's Ghost Festival 2010

10 posts in this topic

Well, now that September has just begun, it's just two months to go until November. And we all know that it means that the big annual Fisher's Ghost Festival is well on its way. The carnival boasts a number of rides each year, rides for kids, and big thrill rides for everyone. I'm pretty curious to know what rides will be presented for the Fisher's Ghost Carnival, because much like the Royal Easter Show, the carnival presents different rides each year. If anyone has some ideas of what rides are going to be presented this year, please comment. See you next time. T-Rex the Dino-Dragon

No, it's not a Halloween themed festival. It's just an event where Campbelltown City celebrates the ghost of Fred Fisher. It occurs every early November and lasts for about a week. During that weekly period, there's a street parade taking place at Queen Street including a street fair, and there's the carnival which takes place at Bradbury Oval where's the Saturday night fireworks. There's also competitions and stuff, so it's more than just an annual carnival. I dunno what rides were at the carnival back then. All I know is that the some of the rides that come to the Royal Easter Show are presented at this carnival every year. The lineup changes every now and then, so I dunno what rides will be presented this year. For more information on the Fisher's Ghost Festival, check out this link. http://www.fishersghost.com.au

Edited by T-Rex

Ive lived in campbelltown my whole life and have never been to it haha nor has my family been. I keep saying we should go but never happens, maybe this year I should check it out. I think its a great town celebration and a great story behind it.

Just checked out the Fisher's Ghost Festival carnival not too long ago. It's got a pretty decent selection. There's the double-armed Ranger, No Limit, and Space Roller, just to name a few. There's also the crappy Fear tower coaster that broke down at the RES montha ago. Not too bad what they offered this year, though I haven't gone to it. I only hope that next year the ride selection would be a lot better.

It was there last year, :angry: , but not this year ^_^ . Even though most of the OCS rides are in the carnival, they didn't have Rainbow. :(

Glad there was no Ali Baba, it's such a poor excuse as an offering compared to rainbow!
Thank you! Glad someone shares the same viewpoint as I do! Ali Baba blows! Bring back Rainbow!