Would a bungee jump/rocket/swing be a kool choice by Wonderland for the park?

rewindniwer

I was just up in cairns for a holiday and went bungee jumping and it occured to me that we have no such thing in sydney at all. And alot of the American theme parks have introduced the large 3 person similar bungee swing (skycaster,minjin). What are your comments on wonderland getting a bungee jump, bungee rocket, bungee swing?

For the Sling Shot, I could see it somewhere in Sydney, but certainly not Wonderland. I don't think people would be willing to pay an extra $30 to ride one of these things just after they payed $50 to get into the park. It's a low capacity ride (2 people every 3 or so minutes), and having the ride as an upcharge really wouldn't work well for Wonderland. I'd love to have it right next to Darling Harbour though! Liam

Nah, upcharge rides only work once there's already plenty of other things to do. You can't charge $50 to get in to ride 2½ full fledged thrill rides, and expect people to pay more for other rides. A park like Dreamworld could probably get away with it, but even Sea World and Movie World might have a hard time pulling it off, let alone poor old Wonderland. :)

Actually a few years back Wonderland had definite plans to build a bungee style attraction over or near the main lake. It was so close to happening that even the staff were officially told about it. Not sure if it was going to be an up-charge or not though. However, just like everything else Sunway has planned for Wonderland it did not happen. Other things that come to mind are the wave pool, golf course and hotel. These ideas were scrapped and they decided to build a business park instead. For Sunway it will mean a faster return on investment. Such a pity

The Idea of the Bungee Swing rides have been put into place in Ratanga just before I left. And I remember you had to ring up the park and book your time on the ride otherwise your chances of actually getting a ride was not happeing. It was Extremely popular and I remember we just missed out on the ride. And I did ring up the day before. But what would work for Wonderland is. If they were to introduce this ride and people had to pay $30 to ride it. Why not include a "onride" photo with the pricing. Thats what they did. And I thinked it worked great. They take the photo just as you are about to be pulled up. Screammachine

They could put it outside the park somewhere, That way people would be able to go on it whenever they want, but even then, It would probably be more viable to just get a plot of land somewhere and just whack down a couple of rides like it and have a mini golf course, like what is on the gold coast. It would work well in view of a main freeway. I remember there was once was a bungee place near the Western Ring Rd / Hume Fwy interchange in Melbourne. Yay 50 posts.

If they were to go to outside park property, and then start building minigolf courses and bungy trampolines and whatnot to make a Bungee work, then you've got what's known in the industry as a two-bit operation. Perhaps not the sort of thing that one of the largest corporations in Malaysia is eager to spend money on. Though the lost-ball fee might do their international portfolio some real wonders. :cool:

But with the bus loads of tourists wouldn't it be beneficial to add something of its sort. And if I am correct the only of its sort in syd (and NSW??) I mean something to get the adrenaline running, all the back packers were trying it in QLD, why wouldn't they here....plus if wonderland dont wouldnt it be an idea to just buy the land behind as a seperate small company, t would attract the interest of alot of the guests. I know there might be stingy financial problems but I think wonderland just should take the dive and just build something, no need to share your opinions on that dont worry, even if its a small carnival ride turn permanent. Richard can ya explain the last sentence on ur post, you lost me. ......isn't it interesting how boringest theme park!

You could explain your entire post - as it is it required a lot of deciphering to understand. It's not about "chat shorthand" or anything either, it's just plain bad. There's no word "t" in this language and some capital letters where appropriate would do good, as would some paragraphs. Speaking of last sentences, yours is doozie:

......isn't it interesting how boringest theme park!
If you're having trouble with my last sentence, then no biggie - it was just a witticism thrown in there to tie up my post.

Yea, that stuffed up 2......I meant to write isn't it interesting how the wonderland forum seems to be the most visited of them all (at the time) and yet it is the most complained about theme park IMO. And about the other post, in summary I meant the bungee is extremely popular in QLD mainly because of the younger backpackers and tourists that visit. Then why wouldn't one down here do as well, as there is nothing of its kind around here. And if WS don't build one then wouldn't it be an idea to buy land behind and perhaps build. You would probably have alot of the park guests already interested. Thanx for the fix up!

There is no need for Wonderland to buy up any land around it as they already own it all, or have just recently sold it for the business park. As for the idea of getting a bungee type attraction, where would they put it? I have seen several in at North American parks and they have quite a large footprint, especially the dual swings, which would be the way to go if they would get on (twice as many people, twice as much money). If Sydney is going to get this type of attraction you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be near the harbour and not 45 minutes out of the CBD. Now rewindniwer, you just wasted a post for no reason. All you needed to do in the first place was re-read what you had typed and fixed it before you posted. A common coutesy to everyone. "The Bus is now leaving for Snodgrass Back Gully, NSW"

geez, rudeness I might not have typed it as perfectly as you like to write your essay's and little nursery rhymes but keep in mind I dont have as much time as you have. Remember there are some people out there who have a life. And who said that you need a bungee swing in the middle of the harbour to make money and where did I mention that 'wonderland needed more room.' I apologise to EVERYONE ELSE for the bad typing of my last post I was rushing...

plus if wonderland dont wouldnt it be an idea to just buy the land behind as a seperate small company
Thats what I was talking about when I made the comment about Wonderland having all the land around it.
And who said that you need a bungee swing in the middle of the harbour to make money
I did! Or didn't you read my post? I will give you another example that might help you understand what im trying to say. Put a jet boat, like the ones that operate on the harbour, on the Nepean River at Penrith and see how much money it makes. People (I'm talking tourists here) want to be around the Harbour as much as they can because it is the most beautiful in the world (one eyed Sydneysider here). Also 'mate' are seriously trying to tell me and everyone here that you are so busy you don't have the time to re-read a ten line post? Come on. If you don't want to re-read it, try reading it as you type. BTW that nursery rhyme is my signature so I don't have to type it every time I post. "The Bus is now leaving for Touche, Western Australia"

I think a theme park with various related businesses surrounding it isn't a bad thing. I don't think a bungee or 'carnival' rides area would work well outside Wonderland's main theme park though. What would have worked well is the hotel, golf course and wave pool which was originally planned (as discussed earlier in this thread). It would have been perfect for the hundreds of asian tourists that visit the wildlife park on a daily basis. The resort could have been set over quite a large area and utilised the native Australian bush on Wonderland's property to give it a real Aussie theme. The asian (and other)visitors could stay a few nights, make use of the golf course and then head on up to the Blue Mountains. With the waterpark expansion Wonderland would have been able to change the Beach into a stand-alone attraction. This would mean people would have had the option of just paying for entry to the Beach or buying a Wonderland and Beach combined ticket. I really feel that these facilities would have complemented Wonderland perfectly

Thanks joz. I can always count on you to appreciate my wonderland-related discussions. I would love to take over Wonderland's management but I can tell you right now there is no way I would do it if Sunway were still the owners. I just wouldn't subject myself to that kind of frustration. I can imagine that every proposal I would put in to the Malaysian directors would come back with a big fat NO (especially if any money was involved)