Dreamworld's 30th

www worker

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see something that wasn't built by Intamin. Surely management weren't impressed with MotoCoaster.
^ Agreed! I think a new family ride and a major new thrill ride would be the best way for Dreamworld to go - particularly since it has been SO LONG since their last ride and even longer since their last decent ride. Going by their normal 3 yearly plan we should have seen a new major attraction this year. Considering we are only getting a ride refurb and the fact that next year is the 30th anniversary we definitely need to see something big next year

No way in hell Dreamworld would have the budget for a Multi Motion dark ride....One of those would be the most expensive ride built in Australia.
Yes, it's ridiculously out of budget but it is something that I would like to see in a park over here one day... Also to everyone who is thinking of a giga coaster - where would they put it? Doing a quick measurement of Cedar Point's Millennium Force, the lift hill is more than 150m long. Remember Dreamworld sold most of their excess land earlier this year. They do own a large portion of land stretching out from the animals, but I can hardly see them using it for a Giga coaster due to this close proximity. Edited by themeparkgc

The fact is that there are as many different opinions on what DW should get as there are rides on the market. Just from Intamin alone the 'one family ride and one thrill ride' could be a heap of great things. How about a new flume ride and a woodie? Or a Giant Wheel and a Mega Lite? A monorail and an Impulse could work? Or how about they get rid of Eureka and turn the Imax cinema into a 'Soarin' over the Gold Coast' ride with a hyper (or aquatrax) coaster taking over Blue Lagoon? There are so many things they can do and no matter what they end up doing there'll be some people who will wish they did something else. On the upside though, just looking at the list above I think there's still plenty of good stuff they can get off Intamin.

Edited by joz

^nicely put Joz. I am sure the reality of what will be is bound to underwhealm given some of the spectacular expectations being thrown around out there.. Can I just say this whole topic has been launched by 1 person saying that ''they can tell you'' about not one but 2 big Intamin attractions are coming DW's way for it's 30th. surely history has shown you should never believe everything you hear, maybe just some of it

Edited by MickeyD

What ever it is, if it is, we should all be grateful no matter what is. I feel now that majority of enthusiasts in the world are becoming ungrateful. As long as parks add rides they will be keeping me happy. Adding any ride (as long as it not be a upcharge) would have to increase attendance and increasing attendance would increase profit giving us more rides each year (in theory).

What ever it is, if it is, we should all be grateful no matter what is. I feel now that majority of enthusiasts in the world are becoming ungrateful.
I'm not sure if it's all out ungratefulness - I think it's often a total lack of understanding of how businesses work. Also, as an enthusiast it's difficult to take that step back and see things in the eyes of the public.

Guys let's be realistic here. We're talking about dreamworld! Maybe if we stop aiming as high we'd get less disappointed. What new type of rollercoaster could be brought and what theme would it fit in with? I highly doubt they will bring in a giga! Maybe replacing the eureka mine ride with a flat ride. Where could they put a rollercoaster?