Dreamworld's 30th

www worker

The only type of roller coaster they could fit is a compact one on the Blue Lagoon site.
Not that I'm giving any credence to the idea of DW getting a Giga Coaster (lol?), but why would a new ride have to be compact limited solely to the blue lagoon site? Why not use land adjacent to Blue Lagoon too?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as we'd all love to see a Giga or the like, as many have mentioned they just dont have the vacant land to build such a ride. I think we'll be looking at a non-coaster to be honest. If that is the case though, what type of ride could it be? They have decent 'non coaster' thrill rides with WipeOut and Claw - what are the alternatives if they dont go with a coaster?? They couldnt be too similar to the existing rides so what ideas are left? The only way i could see a large coaster being part of the plans would be if it was a higher coaster that travelled over areas of the park, but that would throw up a whole heap of safety concerns, no to mention be a nightmare to construct with the park open

AlexB, you made my day! I keep saying 'Why not the carpark?'. Everyone says 'can't do it, not possible, rada rada'... I think it would be an awesome ride! Not only for on-ride, but it would attract people seeing a coaster right in their face as they drive past. Let's face it, everyone comes in through Brissy Airport, and if they drive past on South-Bound (that is the right highway, right? Next to Dreamworld), then they would see this ride as they drive past because tourists would be heading to Surfers and they would see this ride!

Dreamworld sold the land where the big brother house is.
Are you sure that was the land purchased ?? Im pretty sure the land they sold was to the extreme north east of the park Im almost certain the dreamworld studios is still a park of dreamworld - they would not possibly sell land that close to the actual park for construction of the Town Centre development

As you most of you know its Dreamworld's 30th next year. I can tell you that we have a new family ride for the gold rush area and a new thrill ride to add to the big 6 and wjen I say thrill I mean Thrill I can also tell you the rides are both from Intamin.
Is this why Thunder River Rapids are closed for maitenance until further notice. Last time a ride in gold rush area was closed until further notice it never re-opened (mine ride) (Just a thought, are they closing the thunder river rapids temporarily to pull down the mountain or replace/repair the mine ride).

Is this why Thunder River Rapids are closed for maitenance until further notice. Last time a ride in gold rush area was closed until further notice it never re-opened (mine ride) (Just a thought, are they closing the thunder river rapids temporarily to pull down the mountain or replace/repair the mine ride).
well is there any reason for it to close other than just normal maintenence...? is it on the website?

^ Surely you could have looked it up yourself:

• Thunder River Rapids will be closed for maintenance until further notice.
  • Dore Sea Planes 27 April until To Be Advised.
  • BRO closed until To Be Advised

Normally things don't close for "maintenance until further notice" or "until To Be Advised" (does that even make sense :wacko: ) without a reason. If it was scheduled it wouldn't be down in the holidays. I remember hearing Dora had some problem that required the whole ride to be replaced for cheaper than the repair. Also The BRO is down to get its speed "increased". Everything else on the website is down for maintenance for a scheduled period of time outside school holidays. My bet is that it is closed due to some fault or problem only just identified. If they shut down Gold Rush Country that might be the telling sign that something bigger is going to happen though.

My theory is the water pump has broken, as it was working fine a week ago.
Spot on. Also, The yellow fence has been there for quite some time. Its just a gate to prevent people heading into that area of the park while there's nothing happening down there. Looks a little bit nicer than the dodgy temporary fencing that was there before.