Dreamworld's 30th

www worker

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
More rumours going running around staff. Expect something big for WWW next year since it's thier fifth year in operation, oh BTW nothing to do with the expansion.
It'd be nice if they actually went ahead with the planned expansion rather than just adding single new attractions. The park desperately needs an expansion and a significant size increase to get the public more interested. At the moment it rarely comes up on anyones radar as it is just considered as WnW's much smaller/poorer cousin

Captial investment = Any spending on new stuff for the park, from something as small as an ice cream cart, to something as big a roller coaster. Capital investment is separate to money spent on ongoing maintenance around the park. Upcharge attraction = Something at the park guests have to pay extra to use, eg V8 Redline, Flowrider, the rock climb wall, arcade games etc.

Edited by Gazza

Captial investment = Any spending on new stuff for the park, from something as small as an ice cream cart, to something as big a roller coaster. Capital investment is separate to money spent on ongoing maintenance around the park. Upcharge attraction = Something at the park guests have to pay extra to use, eg V8 Redline, Flowrider, the rock climb wall, arcade games etc.
ahh okay i see, thanks gazza! is there any way to see how much money they have set aside or are going to spend on this "capital investment" for 2011?

They might be doing an upgrade of the IMAX Theatre and possibly something with Eureka's site for the 30th birthday... "The Imax theatre will be closed from November 22nd. Improvements coming soon" It also appears that the Reef Diver is down for unscheduled maintenance as well... "Reef Diver closed until advised"

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The Reef Diver is only 10 years old though (replaced in 2000 with the old model in storage at Downunderland in Canberra) so it's not like it's passed it's use by so to speak. I am more interested to see what happens with the IMAX though... considering the Kodak shop is only used for Q4U now and could easily be moved elsewhere... Combine that shop, the IMAX and the eureka site and if needed extend over the rapids dam and there is quite a decent chunk of land for a new attraction.

Good to hear "improvement coming soon" for IMAX, it is in such horrible shape at present... Marketplace is also closed at present/being upgraded. When I was there on saturday, no entry/only pass outs through Marketplace. The former helicopter office is the Annual Pass processing center. Q4U outlet had temporarily taken over return passes/stroller/wheelchair hire. In addition to Illuminate returning, I hear the Aboriginal Show is also coming back. Anyone know what is happening with Dora Sea Planes, been closed since April 27....

Edited by Jordan M

It just seems to me like Dreamworld doesn't have any big drawcard planned for this Christmas besides a couple of average shows? Unless they are going to re-advertise ToT 2 again. I am also surprised that there is going to be no more Screamworld's for the rest of the year and they don't have anything planned for NYE. Is there something else going on or are they just not trying? Surely they'd be trying to get as much revenue as possible considering how Ardent has performed over the last couple of years

Combine that shop, the IMAX and the eureka site and if needed extend over the rapids dam and there is quite a decent chunk of land for a new attraction.
They'd still need to move the shop on the Gold Rush side (Eureka Jewellery I think its called) before they could do anything with the whole site. Maybe they could extend the imax theatre and build something like Back to the Future: The Ride (layout) or The Simpsons Ride.
Anyone know what is happening with Dora Sea Planes, been closed since April 27....
I'm pretty sure someone has said in the past that Dora had a problem that would cost more than the ride to fix and that Dreamworld were thinking of replacing it entirely.