Dreamworld's 30th

www worker

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, you're so cool! Of course if you post what you actually saw I will retract my above statement, otherwise there is very little tollerance for 'I know something you don't know' posts around here.
Well I asked for premission and this is what i'm allowed to say. Until more information comes along
The new arrival at Dreamworld is quite heavily involved with Dreamworld's 30th. It will utilise the land around DW studios and the spare strech of land behind the murrissippi river ( paddleboat )
:o

I'll bite too.

Anything but a wooden coaster I hate wooden coasters, way to bumpy and I am only young and in good health
Have you ridden any newer ones (Ie other than the one at Luna Park or Wonderland) Because many of the newer ones like Terminator/Apocalypse are smooth, and are pretty friggen amazing rides overall. So in conclusion, a wooden coaster would have no complaints from me :) Edited by Gazza

I'll bite too. Have you ridden any newer ones (Ie other than the one at Luna Park or Wonderland) Because many of the newer ones like Terminator/Apocalypse are smooth, and are pretty friggen amazing rides overall. So in conclusion, a wooden coaster would have no complaints from me :)
I have only been on one which is the Ghostrider at Knott's Berry Farm. Built in 1996 so, I don't know if its new enough, to be the smooth one. As it was so rough I actually couldnt see anything except streaks of colour.

That being said I think it's one of my favourite coasters out there. It's rough but it's not like painful punch you in the back rough like The Bush Beast was. Its just like terrifying bat out of hell fast rough and I always enjoy taking a first timer on it, scares the shit out of them.

Food for thought. The area that was cleared and marked out for a new carpark, inline with WWW upgrade had overgrown. I went past today and this area has been cleared again. 4 reasons I think this could be. 1. Trees where growing back and Dreamworld had to clear them before a new DA was required. 2. WWW upgrade is going to go ahead. 3. Dreamworld are about to start new construction in this area. 4. Dreamworld had extra money to waste. post-1321-1297204856_thumb.jpg

Food for thought. The area that was cleared and marked out for a new carpark, inline with WWW upgrade had overgrown. I went past today and this area has been cleared again. 4 reasons I think this could be. 1. Trees where growing back and Dreamworld had to clear them before a new DA was required. 2. WWW upgrade is going to go ahead. 3. Dreamworld are about to start new construction in this area. 4. Dreamworld had extra money to waste. post-1321-1297204856_thumb.jpg
Are you certain that highlighted location is correct I drive past that everyday and that's a damn big distance from the rest of the park! Maybe for an overflow carpark but not for an attraction. Unless it was going to be a new 'world/area' as such with multiple attractions

It's not as far fetched as you may think. Sure, the land was cleared, and yes the distance is quite far from the rest of the park, but having said that though, it is also possible that the old Blue Lagoon area becomes the "land" where the ride station, shop and queue house are located, with the the ride (assuming it's some sort of big rollercoaster) travels out to that area. Pure speculation though, but it's not as far fetched as it sounds.

Provided NearMap is correct that picture is correct. I've just done a comparison myself and it looks pretty right. Also I think I know why the roof in Main Street is so small. By switching between July 2010 imagery and January 2011 imagery on NearMap I noticed a roof was removed from a portion of the Big Brother House. When comparing it against the new one it Main Street, it matches. That's why its small.

The new arrival at Dreamworld is quite heavily involved with Dreamworld's 30th. It will utilise the land around DW studios and the spare strech of land behind the murrissippi river ( paddleboat )
Murrissippi River or Oakey Creek? post-2117-1297235358_thumb.png Edited by themeparkgc

are those sea vipers to scale?? surely cant be?? the footprint of the ride looks about the size as 3 roundabouts going off the scale you used!
It's correct though. I checked another way, by measuring Sea Viper and the DW amphitheatre in Google Earth, and the length of Sea Viper is indeed about the width of the amphitheatre times two. And that roundabout is a huge one...50m wide! So not too hard to believe. Edited by Gazza