Sydney Gets a Water Park!

Brad2912

Agreed. It looks like everyone is really excited about this park. Sydneysiders are desperate for it. I had a look through some of the submissions sent into the planning department. It was interesting to see the large number of people writing in support, especially young people. I think it's going to be a big hit

That's great news to hear that the concept has been approved. I wouldn't get fully excited yet as it says in the article 'get back to the government by March on “conditions” made on the project'. Jamberoo's 'Kangaroo Island' proposal is currently in the same spot. It is approved but 'conditions' have kept knocking back the actual start of construction. The latest change Jamberoo had to make was the colour of some of the rides. Hopefully no more 'conditions' for Jamberoo. If the Government is actually satisfied with the response to Wet 'n' Wild Sydney's 'conditions' then I could say "start cheering!". But I do feel a bit sad for Jim and Dax Eddy of Jamberoo Action Park who have put in so much effort to build a park as close as possible to a 'Gold Coast' water park. Now they have competiton. The sooner 'Kangaroo Island' can start construction, the better. But it's great that Wet 'n' Wild Sydney is getting closer to construction.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Hey i know the Hansfords their older sister was in my photography class, and they literally live down the road from me.... Also: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

Edited by jjuttp

But I do feel a bit sad for Jim and Dax Eddy of Jamberoo Action Park who have put in so much effort to build a park as close as possible to a 'Gold Coast' water park. Now they have competiton. The sooner 'Kangaroo Island' can start construction, the better. But it's great that Wet 'n' Wild Sydney is getting closer to construction.

They are no worse off than Aussie World being in competition with the 5 parks on the Gold Coast, and they are doing beautifully at the moment.

They are no worse off than Aussie World being in competition with the 5 parks on the Gold Coast, and they are doing beautifully at the moment.

If it was a dry ride park like Dreamworld or Warner Brothers. Movie World then I would agree with you but it is like Wet 'n' Wild Water World versus Whitewater World. Wet 'n' Wild is the most familar brand and attracts everyone while Whitewater World whilst being a great park isn't currently as familar as Wet 'n' Wild yet to the general public. You only find out about Whitewater World usually from Dreamworld (to the general public). Dax Eddy said most of Jamberoo's target market and visitors are from the Illawarra and Western Sydney - right where Wet 'n' Wild Sydney is to be built. With the familar 'Wet 'n' Wild' brand, they could lose maybe half their visitors to Wet 'n' Wild Sydney.

• 2 weeks later...