Journey to the Center of the Earth OPEN!

ShadowXL

Journey to the Centre of the Earth 4D is now open, interestingly with a few new caution A-Frame signs out the front. This movie definitely throws you around a lot more then the previous Shrek movie (hence the caution signs out the front), and uses the water spray feature a lot more also. The movie seems to just be a 20 min narrated version of the actual Journey to the Centre of the Earth movie but was enjoyable (I haven't seen the full length cinema version so this might have impacted on my enjoyment.) They also use new Real 3D glasses - the same ones you get when you see a Disney 3D movie at the cinemas. The pre-show room theme is no where near as extensive as the previous Shrek movie, which is a disappointment. There are basically three pockets of theming in the corners of the room (which are nicely done, and well lit, but I would have liked to have seen this continue around the room and on the walls) and a projector screen for the pre-show movie. The back wall is painted but the front wall is just black. Its nice to see a new attraction at Warner Bros. Movie World and was definitely enjoyable so go down and see it, the only disappointment was with the limited theming in the pre-show room compared to what was previously there. I have attached a picture of the front and a dodgy picture I took on my phone of one of the corners of theming.

post-1968-1284948288_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1284948626_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1284948896.jpg

Edited by ShadowXL

Thanks for the info Shadow. Good to see it up so soon. I was at MW a week ago, and Roxy was just a hollow shell. Perhaps in the rush to open JTTCOTE before school holidays, they've minimalised theming, and will extend their efforts once the rush is over? By the sounds of things, the job is unfinished, but the pic you have posted looks like a nicely done effort.

The Shrek facade has been totally stripped of all signage and "shrek-ish" paraphernalia. It was removed so quickly that last weekend, the bolts that stuck out of the wall holding the SHREK letters were still there. Don't know if thats been removed yet, but just a big bunch of dog tag machines and "closed for refurbishment" style signage.

I've seen the new attraction and was pretty happy and impressed with the 4D side of things. I felt it actually enhanced the film rather than just acting as a gimmick (no silly horse trotting movements here). The motion that's been programmed into the seats is first rate and a credit to the guys that did the work. The audience actually applauded at the end when I saw it so for me that's a win. As far as I know the movie is pre-made and when you purchase or license it you can choose what 4D enhancements to make, so it's all pretty much in house, and has been really well done.

I think the 4D effects (seats, wind, water) really save this. The film itself is nothing to get excited about, but the way they've done the in theater effects turn it into a good solid attraction. It's more scary than Sherek, and I think that does count against it, but for what it's worth I like the change, and hope the rumours of the film changing again in the not too distent future hold true.

I saw it yesterday and I thought it was really good, but I didn't like the pre-show at all! I took pictures, I might be going to Sea World in the next couple of days and will take pictures of the new Happy Feet 3-D show which according to their facebook page opened today. post-3282-1285113948_thumb.jpg post-3282-1285114000_thumb.jpg post-3282-1285114050_thumb.jpg post-3282-1285114122_thumb.jpg post-3282-1285114199_thumb.jpg post-3282-1285114275_thumb.jpg post-3282-1285114322_thumb.jpg post-3282-1285114386_thumb.jpg post-3282-1285114459_thumb.jpg post-3282-1285114778_thumb.jpg I also took a picture of the Wii stuff they have near the big screen. http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/Park-Info/N...MOVIE-WORLD.htm post-3282-1285114855_thumb.jpg