Dreamworld ride

willsy

I Reckon Top Thrill Dragster. Or maybe something smaller like Xcelerator wouldnt hurt.My next best choice to that would either be a Standup of Floorless. But in my oppinion the floorless coaster i'v been on (Superman WBMW Madrid) makes it one of the smoothest coasters. It doesnt make much noise either so I would give it my thumbs....... :D Scremmachine

Put me down for a B&M floorless (or sitdown, they both offer really the same basic thing). They seem like these huge twisted and complex rides if you've never ridden one, but actually, they're really some of the simplest and just plain harmonious rides out there. They're graceful rides that don't go for fast and twisted like Arrow was playing with (and don't get me wrong, I love that unique fast and crazy feeling that later Arrow loopers give, and I have no roughness complaints), but rather they go for incredible pacing and absolute precision. B&M can engineer their rides to be either incredibly noisy (Hulk), or incredibly quiet (Kraken), and with the noise Thunderbolt generated, I'd hope they went with noisy, because it really is quite an interesting roar. There's more than enough room here for a nicely wraped, but otherwise huge ride in Thunderbolt's spot. To be honest, no B&M coasters even come in my top 5, but I just think it'd work incredibly well at Dreamworld, plus even if they didn't run it at a suitable capacity (i.e. single train), the wonderful four-across seating, though providing no more seats per train than a standard two-across train, gives the illusion of sucking up more people, which sadly enough almost suits me just fine. :)

I'll go with Richard here. As much as I'd like to see my two favourites (an Intamin Rocket, or a Vekoma GIB) I doubt that would happen. They've already got a launched ride, and the reliability of the GIBs would put people off at the moment... A hyper or giga would be a wicked addition as far as us types are concerned IMO but for the GP its probably not going to cut it being as how they already have a standard sit down coaster. A floorless would be a great way to go, unique to the country, relatively cheap, attractive ride and great sensation. My vote though would be for a B&M standup much in a similar vein to Riddlers. That is one awesome coaster. What I would like to see is this built with two large consecutive loops by the road (THINK BOLT) and much of the same layout and size of Riddlers. It could be themed in with Ocean Parade (I hear surfing the ultimate wave???) and would be a nice replacement physically for the bolt... Any thoughts?

I reckon an Intamin launched coaster with inversions (Think of what you'd get if Cali' Screamin' mated with the new ride going to Hershey Park). Even though they've already got a launched ride, its hard to compare the two rides. Its like in 1982 saying they shouldn't get a rapids ride because they've already got a log ride. Still, I suppose I can live with a B&M coaster if that's all there is on offer. :D

Id like to see a standup because its something original in Oz and peole will think its cool that you get to stand up. But the ride I really want to see is a flying coaster because it would be so cool to be able to have one of those here, and again, Its new, its different its unyewsuall :P . For non coaster attractions, id like to see a ride like perilious plunge type ride, water rides are alway popular and it would work well in a marine themed area. A cool flat would be a Huss topple tower, that ride would be insane.

Even though they've already got a launched ride, its hard to compare the two rides.
Oh I totally agree and would personally love to see an Intamin coaster period. Let alone a lunched ride. I was more looking at it from a parks and punter point of view though, your average jo isn't really going to go "well that is a LSM launch and this is Hydraulic and is a different style of ride." They are probably just going to say hey they both launch out of the station.

All Righty Then, Let me go into the nether parts of my brain and see what I can come up with.......OK. " For all out fun and excitment, you can't beat Dreamworlds newest attraction, Australia's first flying coaster". The ride would start in the traditional way but would incorperate a horseshoe turn and a pretzel loop as well as other inversions, firsts for this style of ride. That way DW would be able to market the ride as a world's first and not upset the past history of the parks big attractions. Could go all out and have the track flying through the area of the park around Cyclone and Wipeout, with ppl being able to walk under the track on the way to the que. Just a thought from the mind of "Big Daddy"

• 1 month later...

i reckon dreamworld should get something even more spectacular than TOT cos im sick of america always having the best dam rides.maybe if they got the fastest coaster in the world (fat chance, top thrill dragster cost 25 million so any other coaster of the same sort would cost a bundle) and even though someone else would surely think of a bigger and faster one (though im not sure that would be to healthy) it would be a proud moment for australia

Don't know if they would go for something as "spectacular" as TOT, but if I were to put money on it, I would say they will bring in some brand spanken new rides that won't be like what they've already got. Unlikely theres a chance of another coaster. Word of mouth spreads quickly so I'm sure the rumour mill will be firing over the next few months. I've heard a few things, but they are just rumours, not taking much notice of them at this stage.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I really doubt Dreamworld will get something like Top Thrill Dragster or Millenium Force because that doesn't really fit in with Dreamworld. But it would be good to see Dreamworld (or any other Australian park) finally beat the Americans at something. Never been on anything as intense as Top Thrill Dragster, (though TOT is only two places down on the world list, which is pretty good) so it would be a hell of an experience if they did. Please read: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/guidelines.php