Looney Toons River Ride closed

Derwan

Closing the rides half the day allows the staff to be swapped over easier. When I worked at wvtp the first rides most people learnt was the village rides, the river ride and batman module operator. River Ride 1 Preshow 1 Load 1 unload 1 super Batman has 6 modules for total cap of 120 a ride. During off season they will only use 1-2 modules 1 library 1 load 1-2 unload depending on modules 1 super For interest sake The other rides at minimum Lethal 1 super 1 load/unload Wild west 1 super 1 load 1 unload 1 lift hill Scooby 1 super 1 load 1 unload 1 entry 1 lift room Road runner 1 super I left before suoerman and batwing opened so can't comment on those ones. Feel like im missing something here haha but can't think what!

Edited by aussienetman

Wild West Falls has an observer on the first lift hill near the turntable. Just before you go backwards you can see the person to the left of the front of the boat. The way rides operates is as follows: SUPERMAN: 1x Supervisor 2x Loader (one groups as well, up to 4 loaders in peak) 1x Grouper (peak only) 1x Unloader 1x Queue Attendant (2 in peak) Maximum Staff: 9 BATWING: 1x Operator / Supervisor 1x Operator 1x Grouper (Peak Season only) Maximum Staff: 3 ROAD RUNNER: 1x Operator 1x Grouper / Harnesses (Peak season only) Maximum Staff: 2 RIVER RIDE: 1x Pre-Show 1x Loader 1x Unloader 1x Supervisor 2x Watchers (To the right of the lift behind the waterfall, location of other unknown. might be a 3rd somewhere) Maximum Staff: 6 WILD WEST FALLS: 1x Supervisor 1x Loader (2 in peak) 1x Unloader 2x Watchers (1 on each lift, might be a 3rd somewhere) Maximum Staff: 6 SCOOBY DOO: 1x Operator 1x Harness Checker (Peak season only) 1x Supervisor 1x Unloader 3x Watchers (2 on the high zone, in front of you on the first hairpin and the 3rd I think. And one near the lift) LETHAL WEAPON: 1x Supervisor / Loader 1x Grouper / Loader 1x Grouper (Peak season only) 1x Loader (Peak Season only when running 2 trains) Maximum Staff: 4 BATMAN: 1x Grouper / Library 1x Batcave 2x Module Attendants (per module sometimes only 1, so up to 12 attendants) 2x Unloaders (based on minimum of 2 modules running, can be up to 6) 1x Supervisor Maximum Staff: 21! At least that's what it was when I worked there in 2007. Far out I can see why they don't ever run 6 modules anymore and only a maximum of 4!!!

Edited by Spotty

Still off topic for a moment -Definitly only ONE observer posistion in the river ride -Definitly only ONE observer posistion at Wild West -When I worked Scooby there were 2 observer boxes, but only 1 was in use -When I worked Batman there was never a "batcave" operator. The timing of this ride means a librarian can take the guests throguh from start to finish. I also worked during MW's busiest Christmas and I can tell you at full capacity I never worked Batman with 2 loaders to 1 module. During slow times Batride can get away with 1 Modules running with 1 staff = cap 20 people - For 2 modules the staff increases to 3. Now - Back on Topic - Looney Tunes River Ride will be closed at LEAST through Easter. This is the word from guest services this morning. She would not confirm the ride would be closed forever, but she did say that if I was planning a trip for Easter, the River Ride would not be open at Easter. This may just be a line they use for indefinite maintenence closures. Just thought I'd update :)

WILD WEST FALLS: 1x Supervisor 1x Loader (2 in peak) 1x Unloader 2x Watchers (1 on each lift, might be a 3rd somewhere) Maximum Staff: 6 SCOOBY DOO: 1x Operator 1x Harness Checker (Peak season only) 1x Supervisor 1x Unloader 3x Watchers (2 on the high zone, in front of you on the first hairpin and the 3rd I think. And one near the lift)
Scooby doo has 1x Lift and 1x High Zone and i dont think they have a person on wild west falls for the final drop, only for the 1st lift. Recap LETHAL WEAPON: 1x Supervisor (Grouper off season) 1x Loader/Unloads 1x Grouper/ Loader (Peak season only)

Must have changed since I was there cause I clearly saw 2 people in the high zone on Scooby, and I could have sworn I saw someone on the final lift on WWF. But I am happy to be proven wrong. And as far as batman goes, I said 2 for when it's REALLY REALLY busy as I have seen it done... but mostly it's 1 per module attendant as having that much staff on one ride is just chaotic. I don't even think i've seen all 6 modules used since the 2nd incarnation of the bat ride!

Hello All I was at Movie World today and the Looney Tunes River Ride, according to the ride operator was closing for good, today the 31st Jan. He said it was due to the cost of maintenance, due to how old the ride is. No word of what it will be replaced with though. The ride operator did say that they are getting swamped by complaints of the rides closer, as some people only can/will on this ride and if it closes, they cannot/willnot go on other rides. It also broke down a lot today has well it was acting up at about 12:30pm and was fixed then broke down again at 12:45pm, I do not know when they got it fixed, but it was fixed by 1:30pm. So farewell old friend, after riding on it about 24 times and it will be missed by all. Thanks Damo

Thanks for your update Damo. I knew it was coming but that's still some sad news to me and i'm sure for so many others out there too. Ironic that the Park's 20th birthday chimes with the removal of it's last original major attraction. Now, onward and upward I guess as we anxiously await the announcement of a replacement. I don't expect the site will remain dormant for too long, perhaps once Easter is done and dusted we wil start to see some big movement? No doubt word will escape soon as to what the future holds for the Park's big thing for 2011.. I know I will be doing my best to see what I can dig up;)

I find it interesting that we all allow our parks to get away with using the excuse that "the ride is too old and maintenance has become too expensive so it must be closed down". Disneyland opened in the 1950's and yet to this day they STILL have many of their original major attractions operating. Rather than closing them down they just replace what needs to be replaced or conduct upgrades and modernisation programs. Movie World has no excuse considering the park was built in 1991. Looney Tunes is the signature original attraction and something that was ideal for people of any age

I find it more odd that "It's old and costs to much to maintain" is the line that staff are using instead of "It's closing to make way for a new family ride for later in the year" which is a much more positive message for guests. Obviously, actually telling the staff that the ride is being replaced rather than saying nothing, wouldn't hurt the chances of that happening.

Thats crap. I wanted to ride it before it closed, movieworld should have officially announced the closing date so fans could ride one last time. It just shows how much class they have, and stop comparing movieworld to disneyland...they are worlds apart....disney good, movieworld bad...get the picture? :)

^ Whose comparing Movieworld to Disney?

Thats crap. I wanted to ride it before it closed, movieworld should have officially announced the closing date so fans could ride one last time.
I'm sorry but I can't let that go unchallenged. First off, I will concede that yes, they should have announced that it was closing officially, I totally have no disagreement with you there. BUT.....
There is also talk that the ride will actually close after this weekend, so don't delay folks!
Last Wednesday, I told this site (where the fans hang out) both that the ride was permanently closing despite the wording on the official site, and that the ride was potentially going to close earlier than the listed date, so fans could have one last ride. If that ride is so important to you, why didn't you go ride it? Don't say you missed the post, because an hour after I posted the news, you said that Movieworld were stupid morons, so don't come on here now and piss and moan that you didn't have warning, because you did, and even with that warning you didn't make an effort to go ride it. "Oh but Joz, you said get there by the 13th" Yeah I did, and I then followed that with "The ride might close after this weekend" and personally, if going on the ride one last time is so important, then I think you should have assumed that to be correct. I mean, you were happy to believe me when I said the ride was closing, but not that the ride could close early? Why not? You may well be upset by the ride closing, but all you've shown here is that you just want to have a good old bitch about Movieworld. "I'd rather have a slightly outdated animatronic boat ride than another lousy sleady rotten lazy rollercoaster in the park that has no feeling, no context, no heart and is over in 10 seconds!" What on Earth are you on about? Why do you come on here and bitch about something that you not only know nothing about, but are also dead wrong about? What ride in Movieworld fits that description anyway? I'm sorry, but I simply can't express in words how little sympathy I have for you at this point.

Hey all Have a look at this "The LOONEY TUNES River Ride will be closed from 1 February 2011 until further notice." Thats from the movie world website I got my last ride last weekend and i can tell you it was in a bad shape. Not complaining or anything. Good bye LOONEY TUNES River Ride you will be sadly missed

I want to know what MW will do with the animatronics!!! I hope these are not destroyed and put somewhere where they can be enjoyed by guests for years to come. What do you guys thinkthey will do with the animatronics??

We now have no dark water rides in Australia. In fact we now have very few dark rides. Not looking good