Looney Toons River Ride closed

Derwan

I believe it to be a relatively timeless ride, personally...because it has been there since the park opened. I'd rather have a slightly outdated animatronic boat ride than another lousy sleady rotten lazy rollercoaster in the park that has no feeling, no context, no heart and is over in 10 seconds! What about the kids? what about the people who have health conditions and just want to go on a harmless gentle ride and have some fun with their children, or grandchildren?! We dont need another thrill ride park, we need something for the WHOLE family to enjoy!

^ I didn't know for sure if it was going to be finished off. Look, I'm not trying to tick anybody off, but simply raise my concerns. Surely all of you can see that Main Street is in need of some serious work... And I hope that work is being done, as hinted by Djrappa.
sometimes i think you guys believe that theme parks are staffed by hundreds of maintenance crew... Maybe disney, but not MW!! Main st is in the process of having tens of thousands of small repairs and being completely repainted. Considering that this has to be done while the park is closed progress is moving quite quickly. Does everyone remember the hundreds of thousands of lights covering main st less then a month ago?? and trust me you should be excited about looney toons being removed, you'll be very pleased with its replacement!

You just can't beat the atmosphere that Looney Tunes had. Floating through the river on that boat with all the accompanying sounds and lighting. It really was well themed and sometimes it actually felt like you were floating along a real river somewhere. I personally found it relaxing and yet at the same time it had some thrills with that fantastic final sequence. The waterfall and then the big lift and drop were so unexpected for all new riders - always very impressive

and trust me you should be excited about looney toons being removed, you'll be very pleased with its replacement!
WOW Tjay! You know something a lot of us would like to know! You must be really cool and important at WVTP! I only wish you could tell us what the replacement will be?? But I guess you can't contractually?! Ohhh that sucks a lot!!! It most be so awesome to know secret things!! Now that's out of the way - I hope WVTP keep the new ride along the same lines. A family attraction, well themed, and fitting in with that current part of the park. But wait a second, I just had a crazy thought! Maybe WVTP could re-theme just that area of the park - The Road Runner, the cafe and the river ride show building. Keep the Looney Tunes Village as is, but bring that area into 2011 with something new. As you can see from my attachment, there is probably enough space there to do an adequate retheme. If only Tjay could tell us what the plans are! Then I could stop all this mindless speculation!

post-1981-1296165099_thumb.jpg

I don't so much care what they put in but just hope the Looney Tune characters are still involved.. Unlike most fly-by-night themes, the fuzzy lil critters are timeless and have been enjoyed for decades.. IMO they are right up there with Disney characters and in many cases even more widly recognised. The attraction site as it currently stands has an enormous footprint - big enough to perhaps house more than one future attraction? It could serve as a unique indoor section of the park like Mermaid Lagoon at Tokyo Disney Sea. Some ride types I would happily like to see in it's place: - Indoor/outdoor White water Rapids ride Always popular family attraction offering mild thrills this could benefit with the added touch of some indoor magic - Watercoaster Australia doesn't currently have one and perhaps this and Bermuda could very well be the locations for our first one? STill MW has Wild West so maybe they are too similar - Buzz lightyear/toy story style shoot em up dark ride Fun family attractions that have good re-rideability. Still, this idea excites me least - Another dark ride coaster like Scooby. I think this will be the hot contender bringing the Park coaster count to 5. If done right this would be great. Maybe a Mack spinner is on the cards? I will be more than happy if it comes down to a choice of these 4 types of systems and done right

I personally would like to see something built other than a coaster. An interactive ride like Toy Story Mania would be a lot of fun, although you can't beat a more traditional dark ride. I have been trying to think of a theme other than 'Looney Tunes' that's currently popular and would fit in with Kids' WB, but honestly cannot think of anything. I wonder if they're going to create a sub-themed area, or change the area entirely (which I would say is very unlikely, seeing as it was changed just a few years ago). Also, Tjay, I understand that they don't have hundreds of maintenance crews. Obviously I don't work for the park, so I don't know whether the park is refurbishing the street or not...

If it is costing too much to maintain and they can't keep it at a decent standard I am all for the removal providing it is replaced by something equivalent. I cannot see another coaster being put in but another dark ride would be ideal. One of these shooting ones I hear so much about would be an idea replacement. Interesting to see how well themed the replacement attraction will be and if there is a storyline or if it will just be a queue and ride setup with no pre-show beforehand.

It would be nice to keep the ride if it was updated but its condition is horrible. They could replace the ride with an adventure with duck Dodges. (Preshow) At first daffy spots a villain with his whole army (can be any WB one) stealing something so he calls Duck dodges. After a bit of comedy he asks if everyone could help him catch the villain. Then all guest get transported to the boats (a smaller boat (2 ppb) then before but have it boarded by a moving walkway) where there are guns. Then as the boat goes around you have to shoot at all the criminals. They could have other WB cartoons in the streets. Along the ride you see duck dodges getting into funny situations. At the end you see that Duck dodges has caught the villain. (only a rough story) SO it could be like shooting from buzz light years astro blasters, then the ride system of the haunted mansion or like MIB alien attack where the cars are more spread out and the streets set up like Pirates of the Caribbean (but with any theme.) They could use all different affects like 3D like Spiderman or use the carousel like of harry potter and the forbidden journey.

Edited by Cruiseshipfan

I too agree on the shooting rides, something familiar to the buzz lightyear one in the disneyland or something! Although I would prefer a rollercoaster I think for the park itself it would be the best option. I'm not too familiar with bugs bunny and stuff, but why not be the bald guy in his car trying to shoot bugs bunny or something?

My kids are going to be devastated! I think it would be really sad if it wasn't replaced with something similar, containing the Looney Tunes characters and a ride for the whole family. This is one of the only 'big people' rides that my 3 year old can go on. Our 5 year old loves it too, they always get excited about finding Bugs Bunny, even though the have been on it heaps of times. Another favourite of our 5 year old is Batman the Adventure ride, the kids love the theming in these rides, and as has been said before, it's part of what makes Movie World a magical place.

I'm not sure, but I think the staff trained for the River Ride, are also trained for Batman and JTTCOTE. When its not a peak period a reduced number of staff are employed. Rather than having bare minimum operators on each ride operating them for a full day, they could operate the rides alternately with a saving of a few employees. For example, bare operations of the River Ride would be 3: 1 pre-show, 1 load, 1 unload. If they have a second operator on pre-show, guests will get put through faster. These 4 operators could then move over to Batman and operate maybe half of the simulators. I don't particularly have any problems with it as long as Movie World tell you as you are heading in - either on map or showtimes leaflet.