Looney Toons River Ride closed

Derwan

qldtaw, I don't use Facebook as a basis of my argument, but many do. I'm just saying why it's not unreasonable that people do, since that's the only publicly available information. I probably shouldn't have said 'we', but I did so my mistake. It's also worth noting that only a very small percentage of people will go to the effort of liking something on Facebook for the sake of complaining. But thanks for playing along anyway.

Movieworld have 15,682 followers with an engaged audience of 1692.... Last i recall their annual attendance was around 1.4million a year So there Facebook would represent 0.01% of their customers..... Hardly a true representation of the larger audience of the park.

All well and good to come up with a bunch of numbers and percentages, but not everyone that's dissatisfied with something will take the time to voice their opinion. A general rule in any industry dealing with customer service/satisfaction is that one complaint usually represents many others. Joz and Gogoboy summed it up nicely - repeat visitors will absolutely question why rides (quality ones at that) have been closed down without any replacements. Whether or not they jump onto Facebook and write an angry message is another story. Edit: Joz beat me to it :) Edited by Flea

A total of 35 complaints a day or 12775 a year

Well, 12750 would be more accurate based on that example... VRTP aren't open on Christmas Day, so unlikely the 20 in-park guests and 5 phone calls would eventuate. Of course - there are those who have nothing better to do on christmas day than complain on facebook or write a strongly worded email - so that is still possible... ;) Fractionally - that percentage just got smaller. :lol:

And how many of those Green Lantern posts were about it being closed?

Your missing the point... it doesnt matter what they are saying about Green Lantern... its the fact that that the large majority of posts on their Facebook is about Green Lantern. They are not posting about Batman or Looney Tunes... because they dont care about those rides any more. Rides are exactly the same as movies. They are at their hottest when they first released into cinema. Then they get a second stab at the market with a DVD release... then after that the movie fades into the background. Sometimes a movie is good enough that it gets some TLC and a re-release and additional interest is created. (Sound familiar.... Lethal Weapon perhaps?) Most are long forgotten as the mass market continues to be excited and driven by New Release. Rides are exactly the same.

Your missing the point... it doesnt matter what they are saying about Green Lantern... its the fact that that the large majority of posts on their Facebook is about Green Lantern.

Umm don't you think that's maybe because it just opened? Of course that is what they are talking about ATM. I do wonder what the main topic of conversation was on their FB at the times that LTRR and BATR2 closed though... Knowing that would clear up the FB argument. ,

Well, 12750 would be more accurate based on that example... VRTP aren't open on Christmas Day, so unlikely the 20 in-park guests and 5 phone calls would eventuate. Of course - there are those who have nothing better to do on christmas day than complain on facebook or write a strongly worded email - so that is still possible... file:///C:/Users/Mark/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif

It seems you have nothing better to do then to re-adjust what were already just made up figures... lol sorry but I had to. Aside from that my personal opinion is that having them closed is creating longer lines on all the other rides which pisses people off. There are now two less rides for families to enjoy together which pisses family's off. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter if it was managements decision to close them due to lack of funds or if it was an unfixable technical problem. With no current changes or maintenance happening to these locations (that anyone can see) it does piss people off. That is all :D

Anyone that was annoyed by the closure of those "family rides" is now over it. Anyone still annoyed needs to get over it I drive past MW everyday and for the past 3 weeks you'd struggle to get a park in the Carpark, and from my visits in the past month, majority of those cars belong to families with young kids. They would not keep going back if they were pissed off. If I have a young family with me - I'm looking at HWST, Scooby, Wild West Falls, the few rides in WB kids area, Looney Tunes show/parade, batman/Scooby show, Journey 4D show, bumper cars. You wouldn't even fit all that in on a busy day. Believe me, they don't notice! Or don't care!

just because they have high attendance now doesn't mean that it will in several months or years. After those people have discovered that the family ride are no longer there.

I'm sure they will in several months or years - by then, the replacements should be up and running...

My family and I are heading to the Gold Coast for our annual bash at all the parks for the first 2 weeks in March. Like most other people, I am a bit upset that both LTRR & BATR2 are closed. Also, at the time we will be there, Lethal Weapon and Batman Slingshot will also be closed for maintenance. I have no issues with these rides being closed for maintenance as we always go out of peak season and you have to expect something will be closed. Ive been reading this thread about LTRR & BATR2 and decided to send an email to Movieworld asking when they will be opened again. i know it was a long shot to get any information out of them, but they did send a reply. As to when they will be re opened, all I can say is it will be AFTER the first 2 weeks in March. It's not much information, but I hope it answers some of your questions. A part of their reply is below for all to read...... "Thank you for your recent e-mail to Warner Bros. Movie World. Due to the fact that we are a year round operation, it is necessary for us to close our attractions from time to time so that general maintenance can take place. At your time of visit Lethal Weapon and Batwing Spaceshot will be closed. The new attractions replacing Batman the Adventure Ride and Loony Tunes River Ride will not be operational at this time. Please be aware though that this is subject to change so I would suggest that you continue to check the website at www.movieworld.myfun.com.au which will have all the latest information about Warner Bros. Movie World updated regularly. For specific information about attractions maintenance, please visit: http://www.movieworld.myfun.com.au/Attractions-Maintenance.htm I hope this information has been of some assistance, but if you do have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact Guest Services directly on (07) 5573 8497 or by return email."

Jacko, they still have Roadrunner, Scooby Doo and Wild West Falls for family. I thought Batman was crap anyway, waste of time with the corny pre show and the simulator wasn't even a good one. I've experienced a better simulator ride in a small mall amusement park in Dubai with a wrap around screen and air effects. Batman seemed really dated and lame compared to it, which is possibly part of the reason it was closed down.

Seriously the rides are closed... For good! No amount of going on and on is going to change that. Why are we STILL having the endless discussion about why the rides should or shouldn't have been closed? It's done. Hell Disneyland still has the people mover track and skyway station sitting right there in the park...

Seriously the rides are closed... For good! No amount of going on and on is going to change that. Why are we STILL having the endless discussion about why the rides should or shouldn't have been closed? It's done. Hell Disneyland still has the people mover track and skyway station sitting right there in the park...

Because that's what you do on a public forum, perhaps if your over reading about it you shouldn't be reading this thread anymore? Some of us have only just started reading/posting our opinions... Also I don't like how people post "Get over it" - Just because your over it doesn't mean everyone else has to be! We're allowed to still be hung up on it and have an opinion about it and were also allowed to post our thoughts too. If YOU'RE over it YOU should stop reading the thread! Edited by Ride_me

I've experienced a better simulator ride in a small mall amusement park in Dubai with a wrap around screen and air effects.

This is Dubai you're talking about. They do almost anything and everything better and for about half the price. They use slave labour. In Australia we can't use slave labour, so therefore everything is more expensive and in the current economic times you can't afford anything expensive. That's in Australia at least.

This is Dubai you're talking about. They do almost anything and everything better and for about half the price. They use slave labour. In Australia we can't use slave labour, so therefore everything is more expensive and in the current economic times you can't afford anything expensive. That's in Australia at least.

The simulator wasn't big, and I doubt it would be as expensive as Batman, even if it was in Australia. It was just very well done.

Because that's what you do on a public forum, perhaps if your over reading about it you shouldn't be reading this thread anymore? Some of us have only just started reading/posting our opinions... Also I don't like how people post "Get over it" - Just because your over it doesn't mean everyone else has to be! We're aloud to still be hung up on it and have an opinion about it and were also aloud to post our thoughts too. If YOU'RE over it YOU should stop reading the thread!

Exactly! djrappa - I'm surprised you are even questioning why this is being discussed. As Ride-me said... this is a theme park FORUM! It's exactly the right place to be discussing and analysing the various decisions made by the theme parks. Sometimes good, sometimes bad

Whilst I agree it needs to be discussed maybe we should have 2 threads: 1 - Speculation about replacements 2 - People complaining about them being closed in the first place

There already are. There is this thread where we are discussing the closure - aptly titled 'Looney Tunes River Ride closed'. Then there is another thread which discusses possible replacements for Looney Tunes, Batman & Bermuda