Looney Toons River Ride closed

Derwan

Seriously the rides are closed... For good! No amount of going on and on is going to change that. Why are we STILL having the endless discussion about why the rides should or shouldn't have been closed? It's done. Hell Disneyland still has the people mover track and skyway station sitting right there in the park...

It's Because MW is Really Crap !

Jacko, I enjoy Movieworld much more than any park on the Gold Coast. Its collection of thrill rides is second to none in Australia, though some may argue that Dreamworld beats it. My top 5 in Movieworld (Superman, GL, Scooby, Batwing and WWF) smashes Dreamworlds Big 7 IMO. But I understand you're a bit sore about Movieworld removing LTRR and Batman. I think LTRR was a good ride and I'm sad to see it go, but to me Batman really was a waste of space. Though Movieworlds collection of family rides has taken a hit, I still think Roadrunner, Scooby Doo and Wild West Falls are 3 great family thrill rides. Now we just need a good dark ride.

Exactly! djrappa - I'm surprised you are even questioning why this is being discussed. As Ride-me said... this is a theme park FORUM! It's exactly the right place to be discussing and analysing the various decisions made by the theme parks. Sometimes good, sometimes bad

Noted!! And supported 100%..... Basically we are all giving our views and opinions and expressing our thoughts on why these rides are closed. Most of us are not that naive to think that they would ever come back-in fact I do not want that!! I am sure the replacements will be excellent and we will soon be feverishly posting our excitement about them, when they are finally announced.This still does not stop us discussing WHY they have been shut, or the mechanics or reasoning behind the decision to cull the rides in this fashion. Its what this forum is designed for. It comes down to a matter of opinions really......and as we all know...Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one. Some are just larger and more obnoxious than others!! lol!! Loving the discussion though!! :D

But what about Eureka? That was a poor management decision, wasn't it? When are they ever going to bring it back? Or replace it? surely they must announce a replacement soon, it's been decades! I'm sure the guests who visited in 1993 would notice it was missing - especially when they go by on the skyway. A friend of mine rode the chairlift the last time he went, and he saw the bushranger show on the island from the chairlift!

Yes - exactly HOW LONG after it closed did they disclose that? I reckon it would have been at least 12 months later... before then it was just marked as "closed for maintenance"

Its still more transparency than Movieworld have given for the closures for LTRR, Batman Adventure Ride or even Marvin's Rocket ride. Throw in Seaworlds dormant and still standing train ride ( a travesty in my mind), the closure of Bermuda, even the removal of the Pirate Ship and it appears that WVTP are quite prepared to close more rides in their parks than actually add them. If they came out with some statement or explanation relaying why they closed these rides beyond the usual "closed to make way for a new attraction" then this would at least give some public validity to the closures. At this time, on both sides of the fence, all we are doing is speculating on the reasons why. It would be nice to have some official angle to discuss.But thats what this forum is for and why we contribute to this board.To DISCUSS. I am like GoGoBoy and Joz, I find it puzzling that this point is hard to understand.

It has been over a year since these attractions have closed (not including Batman). So surely they could of done the same as Dreamworld and said they were closed for safety reasons by now, if that was the case.

Exactly. IF that was the case.We may never know the real reason! But a very valid and real point.

But they could be working on the rides now as it says on the Sea World map NEW ATTRACTION COMING SOON! I probably can't believe this but when riding vikings revenge flume, there appears to be a hole in the roof in the tunnel through the volcano and it looks as if there are lights on inside so maybe they are working on something. There also appears to be some kind of steel boxes outside the show building.

But they could be working on the rides now as it says on the Sea World map NEW ATTRACTION COMING SOON! I probably can't believe this but when riding vikings revenge flume, there appears to be a hole in the roof in the tunnel through the volcano and it looks as if there are lights on inside so maybe they are working on something. There also appears to be some kind of steel boxes outside the show building.

Let's hope so! Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed it's the start of something. It's certainly the first we've heard of any 'movement'