Movie World's White Christmas 2010

themeparkgc

After it being reported just after Christmas last year, Movie World have finally announced what they are doing for Christmas this year. It is a separate ticketed event ($39.95 per person except VIP pass holders) that will run Thursday through to Sunday for the two weeks before Christmas. I find it silly that they've given every VIP pass holder a ticket but excluded any Annual pass holders who would've paid more for their pass. The park will operate from 6pm to 10pm with rides, Polar Express 4-D and a Christmas parade in addition to a million lights and a snowy sky. Tickets and terms and conditions are available here.

Celebrate a 'White Christmas' at Warner Bros. Movie World this December when your favourite theme park transforms into a winter wonderland over eight magical nights. Experience a spectacular display of one million fairy lights, rides, Polar Express 4-D experience, Santa and a dazzling Christmas Parade under a glistening white snowy sky. Plus all VIP Pass holders will be entitled to one free entry into White Christmas. There are a limited number of admission tickets available for each night of the Warner Bros. Movie World White Christmas event.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the lineup for White Christmas at Movie World is looking like... - Full Blog Post

• Glistening White Snow (Main St.)
  • A million fairy lights
  • Christmas Characters including Santa
  • Polar Express 4-D
  • Ice Skating
  • Looney Tunes on Ice
  • Dazzling Christmas Parade

Looney tunes on ice will feature this year, which I am really excited about, I'm not too sure if the ice skating is for guests though?? Can anyone help me with this? Also, if the looney tunes river ride had gone and been completely demolished ages ago it would make a great Ice scating arena. haha
Ice Skating is for guests too I am fairly confident...
Is this going to be in the wild west show stage or somewhere else?
I would hazard a guess (could be wrong) that LT on Ice will be in the show stage area..
Another big question.. Where could they fit it? I hope it is a regular sized ice rink not a mini synthetic ice rink
Also wondering this...

Huge construction fence appeared in the plaza on main street yesterday... Could this be for the Ice Rink?
Well Rappa, from what I understand, they're importing 1500KG of bud lights from singapore specifically for the event - If they're going to that much trouble, I'd assume an ice rink in the middle of main street is a definite possibility. I will say too that if they're constructing an Ice Rink in the middle of main street, its going to crap all over the man-made snow hill that dreamworld came up with...

I was thinking that the Wild West stage would be a bit too far away from everything else. Rappa, by plaza, do you mean this area? Also Movie World now has a page on their website for it (other than the ticket page I linked to originally). The concept picture looks cool, and I think with 1500KG of lights it might be pretty accurate. Are they actually purchasing these - or just hiring? The paragraph below clarifies that the ice skating is a Looney Tunes show.

1.jpg For the first time ever Warner Bros. Movie World will become a Christmas wonderland featuring an amazing array of family entertainment over eight magical nights. The White Christmas entertainment will include a spectacular display of one million fairly lights in Main Street. There will also be an ice-skating show starring the lovable LOONEY TUNES characters. For the little ones, Movie World will offer Christmas Carollers, a special Polar Express 4-D experience and of course Santa Claus will make an appearance. The highlight will be a dazzling evening Christmas Parade full of colour and light, all under a glistening white snowy sky. Plus, if you have a VIP Pass you are entitled to one FREE entry into one of the White Christmas nights. Simply present your current VIP Pass at the Movie World front gates to gain entry on your chosen night.

Just got an email from MyFun today too - they've cut the price of the VIP pass for locals just $79.99. Interesting that this now puts Dreamworld and Whitewater World cheaper, at $69.95. Rather than WVTP scaring people over to dreamworld with a higher price tag, i'm inclined to think WVTP has just positioned themselves as a premium product, and most people will view that as such.

Another big question.. Where could they fit it? I hope it is a regular sized ice rink not a mini synthetic ice rink
It appears to be a synthetic ice one....Its an "0" shape in order to fit around the existing fountain there and It basically takes up the full area of the right hand "turf island" in the plaza. In other news, the ice cream parlour has been repainted blue and is being turned into a Ben and Jerrys (!) Which would make it the 2nd full store in Australia after the original one at Bondi Beach. Hope they have Cookie Dough flavour! There's also a small shop of some description being built next to the Dance Heads store....Previously it was just a gap with a blank wall from the back of the HSD grandstand being there., Gotham City Cafe is undergoing renovations...The main visible change is the steel beams that comprised much of the original look have been painted an earthy brown color (So more like raw steel) but the hoardings prevent seeing much else. And a few of the main street buildings are covered in Christmas lights, and the roof has literally tens of thousands draped from it. There you go then.....Could call it a Parkz update without any photos :P Edited by Gazza

^^ I don't know as I would call a comercially available mass produced ice cream "unique" food.
What exactly dont you know? Unique may not have been the right word but Ben and Jerry's is hardly "comercially available mass produced ice cream" within Australia. Streets is... As Gazza mentioned it is the 2nd store in Australia and it is available at few/select locations around Australia, not your local Coles. "Less than extremely commercially available mass produced ice cream" ;) How about more "select" food

Unique may not have been the right word but Ben and Jerry's is hardly "comercially available mass produced ice cream" within Australia. Streets is... As Gazza mentioned it is the 2nd store in Australia and it is available at few/select locations around Australia, not your local Coles.
It's kind of at a halfway point, not many actual stores, but heaps of delis sell it, and you could get it at the uni refec. Still, It's more unique than the streets ice cream they used to sell, and if they have those rare flavours like Chunky Monkey and Steven Colberts Americone Dream then it will be worthwhile. Speaking of the original theme, The lollipop sign out the front of the parlour had been stripped back, and you could see the original "Music Man Ice Cream Parlour" sign, wish I had a camera with me! Edited by Gazza

Interesting that Movie World appear to have taken this 'snow/winter wonderland' idea from Dreamworld after seeing what a success it was. I truly think Winter Wonderland proved to be a big hit at Dreamworld in terms of drawing the crowds in. However, DW apparently stuffed it up with their poor execution
^ But didn't MW announce their White Christmas event at the beginning of the year, a long time before DW announced their Winter Wonderland?
White Christmas was announced December last year. I don't know how long Dreamworld had theirs in planning but I would think six months (the time from MWs announcement to the beginning of DWs event) would be enough time to throw together Winter Wonderland. I conclude that Dreamworld attempted to beat Movie World by getting in first.