Luna Park Holiday ride lineup 2010

Jobe

Hi all!! It's getting close to that time of year when LPS announces their ride lineup for the Xmas holidays!! As of yet nothing has been posted on the website so I am asking does anyone have any idea of what will be appearing?? I am hoping for an extended ride lineup this year , as it is the 75th anniversary of LPS opening. I am hoping for some rides that haven't appeared at LPS before such as Crazy Coaster or even Rainbow!! ( that would be most ironic since Rainbow was supposed to go to LPS in the '95 incarnation!). Most probably the flume ride will appear again this year , which is good, but I am hoping for at least 3 or 4 extra rides to make an appearance!! Let's hope they utilize the space next to Tumblebug this year!! Cheers, Jobe

Jobe, I am not so sure what rides will be coming for LPS's summer holidays, but I sure hope they will present a better lineup of rides than before. For one, I agree that they should bring in Rainbow to LPS, because that's the ride they originally intended to have back in 1995. It would be great if they bring in the flume ride, since it's an ideal ride for a hot season. They should add a KMG and a Mondial (Space Roller) ride for good measure.

I think that the Ali Baba, while clearly not as good as The Ali Baba, would be a good addition to LPS for the holidays!! It is interesting and a little disturbing that nothing has been announced yet for the Xmas holiday ride lineup. I was hoping that this being the 75th year we would see an expanded lineup but to me, it is looking more and more like it wont happen!! I just hope that this isnt linked to a report in the Daily Telegraph today that purports that LPS is in financial trouble, something that Managing Director Peter Hearne has strenuously denied in the same article. Surely someone on these forums knows if there are going to be Xmas rides at LPS?? Cheers Jobe

I would doubt (although don't know for sure) that financial troubles would prevent them from getting in more temporary rides for the holidays. I mean it is a pretty inexpensive (and dodgy) way of increasing your ride line-up. A new major permanent ride would cost a few $$$ but these carnival rides - maybe there is some kind of profit sharing arrangement? Anyway just to clarify the newspaper article stated that the actual amusement park is doing well with revenue up over 7% last year. The financial troubles relate to the amount of debt the company has and the refinancing of that debt

I would doubt (although don't know for sure) that financial troubles would prevent them from getting in more temporary rides for the holidays. I mean it is a pretty inexpensive (and dodgy) way of increasing your ride line-up. A new major permanent ride would cost a few $$$ but these carnival rides - maybe there is some kind of profit sharing arrangement? Anyway just to clarify the newspaper article stated that the actual amusement park is doing well with revenue up over 7% last year. The financial troubles relate to the amount of debt the company has and the refinancing of that debt
This is true GoGoboy however the article was written to give the impression that LPS is in full financial difficulty. As per usual journalistic hype. and as I stated Peter Hearne, LPS Managing Director, vigorously denied this. I agree that it would be a fairly inexpensive exercise to lease temporary rides for the holidays , however, the lack of announcement of anything at this point in time is concerning. For the last 6 years the ride line up has been announced long before now and to not get anything big in the parks 75th year is a certainly due to something major. Perhaps there could be some financial difficulty that we are as yet unaware of? I certainly hope not!! Also the fact that the park has not added a single NEW permanent attraction in the 6 years since this incarnation opened could also a be a pointer to more darker overtones.... Just my thoughts.. Cheers Jobe

This is true GoGoboy however the article was written to give the impression that LPS is in full financial difficulty. As per usual journalistic hype. and as I stated Peter Hearne, LPS Managing Director, vigorously denied this.
Jobe you might have missed the article I saw. Here is the relevant quote: 'The good news is that the operations of the actual amusement park seem to be ticking along well enough, with revenue up 7 per cent and revenue from events improving by 9 per cent.' Here is the link to the article - http://www.smh.com.au/business/famous-faca...1202-18i8p.html We don't want people thinking this is yet another Sydney theme park failure when in fact the amusement park component of the business is running well. It is my belief that theme parks can definitely succeed in a big way in Sydney if run properly, as we will soon see with Wet 'n' Wild

Jobe you might have missed the article I saw. Here is the relevant quote: 'The good news is that the operations of the actual amusement park seem to be ticking along well enough, with revenue up 7 per cent and revenue from events improving by 9 per cent.' Here is the link to the article - http://www.smh.com.au/business/famous-faca...1202-18i8p.html We don't want people thinking this is yet another Sydney theme park failure when in fact the amusement park component of the business is running well. It is my belief that theme parks can definitely succeed in a big way in Sydney if run properly, as we will soon see with Wet 'n' Wild
Ahh I see GoGoboy..the article I saw was in the Daily Telegraph and wasnt nearly as positive as the SMH. Anyway it has been announced that Powersurge and a brand new ride are going to LPS on Boxing Day for the Xmas Hols. That new ride is a Zamperla Disk'O'!!!! This is awesome news and the ride makes its Australian debut at LPS. I wish it were permanent but at least its appearing there first!! I would much prefer a Disk'O' Coaster but this is the next best thing!!! This should prove to be a very popular ride. I was beginning to think that there would be no seasonal rides this year but this is good news!! Now if only they can add something more permanent.... Cheers Jobe