Dreamworld Random Bulding

Linus1995

Hey guys, I was on the Zendorphin facebook page and they were putting some photos up of Dreamworld in 2004, 2005 etc... And I saw that in 2008 a random building popped out and just yeah an area developing and I was wondering what it was being used for. Obviously the area im talking about is in the red rectangle in the photo below, thanks for your help :) its where Thunderbolt used to be 154973_10150100695810844_245592075843_7413244_6511509_n.jpg

^Movie Worlds is easy to spot because you can see from the bus/drop off roadway out of the car park. For a while you could spot a few spare seats from Surfrider and racks of stuff as you went out, which can be seen in this photo (I love how Nearmap is so up to date!): http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.905441,153....mp;nmd=20100720

Oh okay awesome thanks guys! What kind of things would they be maintaining in there?
I'd say they'd maintain the rides in there :P The engineering team would have it as their home base, spare parts would be kept there, components could be brought in for repairs, when the roller coaster trains go in for their yearly rebuild they would most likely be brought in there and pulled to pieces etc etc.
And does Movie World have one too?
All theme parks need a maintenance centre. Edited by Gazza

Yeah I see now, I never really took much notice of those buildings and the other day I wondered what they were for. I always knew the rides/trains needed to be maintained somehow but it never occured to me the maintenance bay wouldn't really be enough... Well yeah thanks a lot guys you've really answered my question. While we're on the topic of maintenance and stuff, what do all the (mental blank) ride fixers do? Do they just sit around waiting for a ride to break down or what other jobs would they have on a day to day basis?

I'm with Ads. In general, your Maintenance guys would be.... performing maintenance. Where a breakdown occurs during the day, depending on who is doing what at the time, one of them would respond to the breakdown. Obviously if you have lots of breakdowns during the day, not a lot of maintenance would get done, which is why, sometimes, rides that are closed for a defined period exceed that period. (Other times its because they need parts they didn't plan for).

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I was on the Zendorphin facebook page and they were putting some photos up of Dreamworld in 2004, 2005 etc... And I saw that in 2008 a random building popped out and just yeah an area developing and I was wondering what it was being used for. Obviously the area im talking about is in the red rectangle in the photo below, thanks for your help style_emoticons/default/smile.gif its where Thunderbolt used to be 154973_10150100695810844_245592075843_7413244_6511509_n.jpg

where's movie world's maintenance shed ?