Parkz Creative Genius

aussienetman

Vote  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Fav

• Bmull19 - Dark Forest
    • Gazza - Jetpack Blast
    • Ihatemisssly - Indian jungle

Things are heating up and the week 4 challenge is over First the leaderboard 1st. Joz (8pts) 2nd Gazza (4pts) 2nd Isica8 (4pts) 4th Pin142 (3pts) 5th themeparkgc (2pts) 5th jakeman398 (2pts) 7th linus1995 (1pt) So, the Mega challenge hs ended ! Read the submissions and vote for your fav! I think it's going to be a close week! Please post your challenge 5 submissions here! Remember, anyone can submit this round and earn points towards the title of Parkz Creative Genius Challenge Five - Show Here's your challenge.   Movieworld are converting the Show Stage into a new indoor show! Ot can be a stunt show, musical or another form of entertainment. The show mus be  no longer than 30 minutes in length (not including pre-showThe seating cannot be moved, but the stage area can be adapted to fit your show! You can base it on a movie or create something brand new! A name A detailed description of the show! You may include photos if you wish Deadline for submissions is  Saturday at midnight. Forum members will then vote, and points will be awarded. Good Luck and Have Fun

ok this is my submission and people can think of it in theyre own way but- "portal". enough said but for detail read on. portal the show-people rock up to the stage area whitch is themed to a test chamber from one of the 2 portal games; you sit down in the chairs and in the stage area you just see one thing lit up in the centre of the area-thats GLaDOS ; when the show starts GLaDOS speaks to you "hello and welcome to the apeture science test chamber" then down the front you see a little room light up at this stage "g" (GLaDOS) and the room are the only things visible apart from a giant clock like in the game thats counting down from 1 minute. the timer hits zero then all of a sudden a portal opens inside the room with the other portal at the other end of the room . you then see chell (the main character) walk through the room portal and out of the other one with portals being a waterfall like thing and progectors. you then hear g say something like "well done insert subject name here your first test is waiting." at this point the room lights up fully with the room no longer being there. at this point all you can see is an empty room and an "ASPG" i think its called? (apeture science portal gun) where chell grabs that and then the room comes to life and she comples the puzzle and then procedes to the elevator and then you hear the famous line from g - "you will be baked and then there will be cake" . this show would require about 5 chells. :P and would be more of a fast paced stunt show utilising different elements from both games like turrets bot things that chase you the orange and blue liquid stuff that makes you go faster and slower and so on. and thats my portal idea. i also had another idea related around another game-ty the tasmanian tiger and is more of a kids show but more immersive . someone tell me if you wanna hear this idea too...

I haven't been inside the show building, but I'm assuming the seating layout has the entrance at the rear, being the top in the map, with the stage closest to Wild West Falls. Some money would have to be spent on building a fly tower, equipping the stage, and obtaining the license for the show for my proposal. Wicked tells the back story of The Wizard of Oz, what happened before Dorothy dropped in. While the sold out broadway show runs for the best part of 3 hours, Universal have a 35 minute version which plays at Universal Studios Japan (and others I suspect). To accompany the new show, I would convert that corner of the park into the Emerald City, complete with Yellow Brick Road. The building facades would all be a little skew-if and asymmetrical, because things aren't quite right in the Land of Oz. The actor who plays Elphaba in the Australian Touring company of Wicked started out as Elphaba in the Universal Japan show, so I think this could prove a good training ground for the touring company here and other productions overseas.

I haven't been inside the show building, but I'm assuming the seating layout has the entrance at the rear, being the top in the map, with the stage closest to Wild West Falls.
It sounds like you have it the wrong way round. Here's a rough diagram of the show stage. Orange is seating, blue is the entrance pathway, and green is an occasionally used exit pathway/emergency exit. The rest of the building is the set and backstage area. post-2117-1291615445_thumb.png

Wicked is simply AMAZING! I have seen the stage show three times since its debut in Australia, I have also seen videos of the USJ adaption and to my surprise it was quite amazing how they condensed the show to keep it under half an hour instead of 2+1/2hrs - but by doing this you don't get to discover the ending of the story instead we are left at the end of Act 1 so the show's kind of a taster but a complete show in itself at the same time, I think its brilliant! it would be just amazing if Movie World put this in but in terms of the licensing I would imagine it to be A LOT of money to get the performing rights.

I've already provided a rough floor plan above. As for interior photos, the best I can find are here. I'm sure someone said a few years ago that the Maverick set was falling apart and would need to be completely replaced. Movie World had built a stage for their Looney Tunes shows over the top of the flat area, away from the set. As for capacity I guess somewhere between 1000 and 2000.

Here is a video of the premier of 'What's Up Rock?!'.

It shows the stage and the seating from different views if that helps and when facing the stage, to your left, behind a curtain, is more seating and behind the current stage there is another set, which was used for maverick, so more room there also. Hope it all helps Edited by jakeman398

HARRY POTTER - THE SEARCH FOR THE QUIDDITCH CUP TROPHY Hold on for an action packed stage show adventure with all your favourite characters from the magical world of HARRY POTTER. When Harry, Ron and Hermione arrive at Howarts for another year, Dumbledore gives them a mission to find the schools stolen Quidditch Cup Trophy. Join all your favourite characters as they face dragons, three headed dogs, and dementors, along the way. This brand new, 20 million dollar extravaganza, is set to debut at WARNER BROTHERS MOVIE WORLD in SEPTEMBER 2011. Don't miss this stage production, set to set a precedent for theme park stage shows worldwide.
My idea is to create a high budget, huge drawcard stage production for Movie World, based on the Harry Potter franchise. The reason for this is that I assume Warner Bros have the rights to the brand, and it seems a HUGE waste not to utilise it. The show would be located within the Show Stage, major interior and exterior renovations/retheming would be essential, This would include the creation of a mini Harry Potter themed land, out in the front courtyard area. The cost of a show such as this would obviously be very high, however I do believe that it is plausible that Movie World could spend up huge on a show such as this. Here are my reasons why:

1) Harry Potter is an enourmous brand name, wordwide. This means that, with a big marketing push, the attraction could drive huge numbers to the park, from around the world. 2) This would be the first EVER HP stage production. This again being a huge marketing point. 3) A big budget attraction will be needed at MW soon enough, with Dreamworld supposedly planning a very large scale attraction(s) for their anniversary, MW will need something to keep up with them.

ACT ONE: As the Harry Potter theme music begins to play, the curtain opens to reveal the grand Howarts castle, nestled atop a clifface, lit only by the moonlight. As the theme music continues, there is calm among the picturesque setting, until swooping sound begin to interfere, and suddenly, Harry and the gang zoom over the audience on their brromsticks. As they make therir landing on the stage, the group chat about their summer vacations. Before long, Dumbledore runs towards Harry, Ron, ad Hermione, and mutters with great worry that the schools sacred Quidditch Cup Trophy had been stolen over th esummer break. Dumbledore gives the gang the task of searching for the Trophy, and to bring it back home to Hogwarts. ACT TWO: The gang are now in 'Muggle world' where they search many places for the trophy. During this scene, they encounter dementors. ACT THREE: After unsuccessfully searching the Muggle world for the trophy, the group make their way back to the world of Hogwarts. While back there, they make their through the woods, where they encounter dragons, and a gaint three headed dog. This scene includes the climactic battle scene, where they eventually recover the lost Trophy. ACT FOUR: Back at Hogwarts, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are greeted by Dumbledore and many of the students of Hogwarts to congratulate and thank them for recovering the prothy. The scene includes a large celebration by the school. The production ends with only Harry, Ron, and Hermione on stage together, talking about their adventure, before they mount their broomsticks and fly off back over the audience.

post-2117-1292037827.png My idea is for a movie making themed show loosely based on a variety of other shows either previously at Movie World or located at other parks around the world. Outside the sound stage, the western set will remain as is, however the outside of the building will feature a sign labelling it as Sound Stage 8 (or any other number, I just picked 8) instead of Show Stage. Nearer to the entrance a small sign will read something like "Filming today: Western Action, Batman: Shadows of Gotham" (again, other names could be chosen here). Guests would enter via the normal entrance. The tunnel to the seating would be well-lit and would have white walls and a bare concrete floor. The walls will have framed posters of recent Warner Bros. (or related) movies with permanent posters for Western and Batman themed films. The show begins by a director introducing himself/herself. They would start by introducing the audience to the sound stage and state that the audience has just walked through the permanent western backlot set to get here - however, a standard backdrop set is sometimes not enough. At this point the main set inside the show stage would be illuminated. Similar to Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!, this show would have layered sets. The first set would be constructed to function similar to the
but would look similar to that of the Western Action Show (i.e. Western set). The set would be located between 5 and 10 metres away from the back wall. This part of the show would feature some of the elements previously in Police Academy (high falls, small explosions, gunfights etc). At the end of the scene, the production crew would talk about how busy sound stages can get and that they need to be turned over quickly. While he/she is explaining this, the western set is split into sections and wheeled out stage right (audience's left) and the second set is revealed. The second set would be a city street and would be permanatly constructed (i.e. not movable like the western set). At the centre of the set is a large screen installed within the frame of an office building. The set will also feature some darker alleyways. The audience is introduced to Gotham City and are taken back to the 2005 film, Batman Begins (where some street scenes were filmed in an airport hangar, see the bonus disc for anyone who has it). This scene will run like any Batman show - good guys vs. bad guys. Depending on the space available and accessibility of the show stage, a Batmobile/bike could be driven into the scene. Throughout this scene the audience will witness a variety of weather effects (through the use of lighting, sound and rain machines - similar to AOS) in addition to some further stunts and fights (maybe even a zip line for Batman). At the end of the show, guests exit out through the entry passage and back into the outdoor western set.