My MW and SW Trip

aussienetman

Hi All, I had a RDO today so decided to bite the bullet and get back to the parks after not visiting for a while. Movieworld 1030 - 1 Superman Escape Posted Wait - 15 Minutes I managed to get a single rider ride within about 10 minutes of waiting so that was all good. There was no steam operating from the vents, but the waterfall was working again so that was good. Was evacuated at the launch due to a problem with the ride. I did see it going again later in the day but couldn't be bothered paying for another locker Hollywood Stunt Driver I raced up to HSD to check out the 11am show. It was much better than I remember last. The new "producer" is much better than the previous video. Scooby Doo Posted wait - 0 minutes waited in line around 5 minutes for scooby, once again scoring a single rider seat. Scooby's mouth dosn't appear to move on any of the animatronics anymore. The wild mouse had no visible haze but all the lazers were great. Journey to the Centre of the Earth 4-D there was no wait for this attraction because it was not open. Polar Express 4d was showing instead. so if they are going to close Journey for xmas then wouldnt it be easy to take the posters down outside, and also put a notice at the gates that it was closed? was a little peeved off.... Staff The young girl at the upgrade booth had an issue with her hair. while i spoke to her about the vip pass she seemed to enjoy plaiting and replaiting it. She never looked more bored in her entire life. all the other staff were great and didn't have any problems. Seaworld Went to Seaworld to check out the Pirate show and Castaway bay, and also to ride Sea Viper. The pirate show is terrible..... it really is a very boring experience. due to the lightning all the rides were closed, but was cool to see the massive penguin enclosure building ;d ok so that was my day at sw and mw1

thats a bit funny that the steam wasnt working, im a bit jealous that you were evacuated though... ive never been evacuated off a ride, although i cant seem to imagine it'd be that great of an experience! off topic: jakeman398 you dont by any chance know of a guy who works at movieworld that goes by the name of chad? im just curious because i remember i used to see him and talk to him everytime i went. he was really awesome and really friendly, but i havent seen him in a while so im just curious if hes still working there

Well instead of bumping a new thread or a starting one I'll just right in here about my trip to MW today. Today we got there about 10.30 and left at 4, we were planning on going to White Christmas again but we were so wet and had done everything we just found it to be unpleasant so we thought it would be better to just go home and warm up! So some new things happening on LW... FINALLY the red train has returned from its mysteriously long departure, which there goes my hope of new trains, (btw the ride is in no way smoother and in fact felt rougher and is just me or do the red trains restraints seem smaller, because I swear there as much room between my head and restraint as there is on the blue train, if that makes sense) the blue train was sitting in maintenance however had been taken apart and seats for the ride were no where to be seen obviously just getting a thorough check, but its good to see that hopefully by boxing day the ride will be back to FULL capacity, in terms of trains not waiting at holding breaks which today as guests were exiting the rides gates would open to let people on instead of waiting everybody leaves them open them... I'm hoping this wasn't just done because it was raining and not many people were in the line, also the ride station now plays the Sea Fm radio station instead of hearing police chatter over the speakers. The smoke was finally working on Scooby Doo today which made the ride go from the good standard its been at lately to making the ride amazing due to being able to see ALL the laser and having that haze in the room. Other than that all the rides were going pretty good especially for a wet day and everything was working properly, the park seemed to have full capacity staff on, expecting to be busy for holiday periods without the rain. We managed Batwing 3 times, SE 8 because it opened in the morning in the rain and literally there was no line it was walk on, it later closed and then re-opened again to large crowds and shut again in the afternoon (if anyone was at the GC today they would know it rained ALL day, so yes SE was running in the rain even when it was fairly heavy which surprised me!) LW 3 times, Scooby twice (larger line for being indoors) WWF once, River Ride once, Batman Adventure once. So overall a very good day to do so much was stoked at SE especially since we did 6 times in a row in the morning, kicking myself we didn't do it more. The Roxy Theatre was ridiculous with lines for the film all the way back to screen in mainstreet even at 4pm! Also went to the Ben & Jerrys and found possibly the best flavour which was Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter! When I was leaving I noticed Police EVERYWHERE and temporary fencing all around the park which was something the park didn't have when I did the event last Friday, so glad I did it earlier its just a mess at the moment! That was about all to mention, I'm really tired so at the moment that's all I can think of. Cheers.

Edited by Original

In terms of trains not waiting at holding breaks which today as guests were exiting the rides gates would open to let people on instead of waiting everybody leaves them open them..
Hooray. This is how it should be done. The proper way to run a coaster is to open the gates as soon as the restraints are released for the previous load of riders...Boarding times are reduced because an excited load of new guests "forces" the previous riders to vacate quicky and gather their belongings before other get near.
Also the ride station now plays the Sea Fm radio station instead of hearing police chatter over the speakers.
Boourns. Hopefully there is some other reason for not having the themed soundtrack.
Also went to the Ben & Jerrys and found possibly the best flavour which was Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter!
YES! They didn't have that yet when I was there. Had to settle for ordinary cookie dough flavour. Edited by Gazza

Boourns. Hopefully there is some other reason for not having the themed soundtrack.
I think it was operators discovered they could turn the radio on over the speakers instead of the rides soundtrack, cause on my first go leaving the station the rides soundtrack was on and coming back Sea Fm was on than later in the day we had to what on ride cycle and the soundtrack was on but when the operator got on the microphone she went "Load dock all clear, turn the music back on" which than the head operator dispatched the ride and on came Sea Fm the third time it was just left on when I got on and left!!!

So some new things happening on LW... FINALLY the red train has returned from its mysteriously long departure, which there goes my hope of new trains
I thought they just switched the red and blue attachments to repair them and only had 1 set of chairs. I'm probably wrong though.
Also the ride station now plays the Sea Fm radio station instead of hearing police chatter over the speakers.
Was not like this at all last night. Nothing but the normal police chatter.

I thought they just switched the red and blue attachments to repair them and only had 1 set of chairs. I'm probably wrong though. Was not like this at all last night. Nothing but the normal police chatter.
Well these chairs were definitely the red ones (they had the little red handle bars on the seat, where last time I rode they were blue) But as I said the other train was maintenance and had no seats attached? Maybe it just depends who's operating the ride?

The 4d show was insane for me to get through!!! It was wrapped around, past GOTHAM. Looney tunes has been cancelled, but now you can skate with bugs, daffy and tweety. The 4d show was insane for me to get through!!! It was wrapped around, past GOTHAM. Looney tunes has been cancelled, but now you can skate with bugs, daffy and tweety.

Linus1995: yes Chad is still working at movieworld in ops... i see him every day hehe Leathel weapon: they have changed trains maybe for maintenance?? to save time instead of closing the whole ride.... Radio: yeah maybe they got bored listening to the police radio, because in the control room has a radio and u can put the mic on it. Fencing: they have fenced it only for a temp time because i think 1 night alot of cars got bogged and it wreaked the grass

Sounds like a problem with the mic in lethal control room so rather than the sound fx coming back on after the mic stops it was stuck open. There is a radio in the control room so thats what you heard. Sure to be a temp problem. Red train is a seperate train, not bits of the blue train. All coasts trains need major inspections as part of their regular maintenance. This requires them to be dismantled. Great to hear about scooby smoke and lethal ops.

Well I went to MW on the 18th and SDSC was a disgrace. There was little smoke in the room, only 1 or 2 lasers most of the time and the audio sounded like it was coming from 1 speaker that was facing the floor. The disco room was also really bright - as in the whole track layout could be seen from the turntable with ease. Polar Express is OK. Seats offered very little by way of motion throughout the film and their movement was sometimes out of sync and really didn't add anything thought the mist effects implemented well. Went to Gotham City for dinner and waited over 1hour (yes it was timed) in a queue of about 20 people. Very inefficient service and the queues beside must have cycled through about three times the length of ours over the duration of the wait. Other than that good day all round though some staff incredibly rude while others exemplary. White Christmas was amazing and really impressive to see. The lights looked fantastic and the snow, entertainment and immaculate floats resounded quality and attention to detail. LW soundtrack as per normal when I went. SW tomorrow.

To be fair, guests shouldn't have to be concerned with why the service is slow (anywhere, not just a theme park), and shouldn't care what the excuse is. They should have good speedy service, if it isn't then it is the staff's fault. And I'm sorry but the phrase "sorry about the wait" just shouldn't exist in food service, that one really makes my blood boil.

Thats a shame about SDSC because I went the very next day and had one of the best rides in a long time, it seems to be very hit and miss! Couldn't comment on the food I find it VERY overpriced and crap quality for what you get and that was the last several times I ate their, I got so sick of 18 bucks for food I threw away now for the past 6 months I've been going to Mcdonalds paying half of what I pay at MW and would their quality was A LOT BETTER than what MW was feeding me!!! I forgot to mention that store that was being re-done next to the dancing heads is a frozen coke stall, which from the looks (even though it still has fences around it) the top part seemed to fit with the rest of the park! DJRappa its good to see the red train back though... it was gone for what 18months? I would also agree with you it was a mic problem if it wasn't for the fact that while I was standing in the line when one of the ops announced all clear to the head op they also asked for the music to be turned back on which after the train leaving the station it was... and wasn't like you could hear the radio off in the distance of the mic its sounded like the mic was right in front of the radio!!