Parkz Creative Genius

aussienetman

vote  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Australian Outback - themeparkgc
    • Double Dragon Chinese Restaurant - ihatemisssly

Only a couple of entries in week 6 for the restaurant, but both were great so I think it's going to be a close pole! Make sure you read the submissions before voting. Only 4 more challenges remain and this week will be our second 2 week Mega Challenge! First to the leaderboard though 1st. Gazza (10pts) 2nd Joz (8pts) 3rd. Ihatemisssly (7pts) 4th. themeparkgc (6pts) 5th. Isica8 (4pts) 6th. Pin142 (3pts) 6th. ads08 (3pts) 8th. jakeman398 (2pts) 8th bmull19 (2pts) 10th. linus1995 (1pt) 10th. Jjuttp (1pt) Now onto this week's challenge. This is a two week challenge, so you have til Saturday the 1st of January at midnight to post your submission. Seaworld Animal Attraction With Bermuda Triangle now closed, Seaworld will be opening a brand new animal encounter. The animal encounter will give you an up close view of a group of animals. Seaworld will also be building a ride based around this animal. The ride can simply enjoy it's name, or be totally themed to involve the animal in the attraction. I have attached the space you have to work with at Seaworld for this attraction so please try and keep it within these limits. In short 1- Create an Animal exhibit (think polar bear shores, shark bay etc) 2- Create a ride themed to this animal Remember, you have til the 1st of Jan to post your submission, so make it good! Double points are up for grabs!

post-1981-1292680469_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Seal Rocks (Sorry I couldn't really think of a better name) Seals at Play closed over 3 years ago to make way for the Sesame Street stage. Beforehand, Sea World had planned to open Seal Rocks. An Intamin AG rapids ride. The main Seal exhibit would be located within the boundary of the former Bermuda station area with the ride stretching out and over the Bermuda shed. The exhibit would have a similar look to that at the Auckland Zoo (below) and would feature above and underwater viewing. Above water viewing would be available around the whole perimeter of the exhibit with underwater viewing only on the northern side. 500px-New_Zealand_Fur_Seal_Auckland_Zoo.JPG Guests wishing to go on the rapids ride would be directed down a ramp to a narrow (queue-width) underground viewing area which stretches alongside Jet Rescue where the Bermuda queue stands. As they get closer to the ride station the underwater viewing would end and guests would be directed upwards towards a ground level station approximately in-line with the on-ride photo of Bermuda. The ride would begin with a slow lift hill up a rocky mountain landscape. A weaving rapids section would follow and would slowly navigate down part (between 1/3 and 1/2) of the mountain. Cliff faces with fountains would be included in this section along with seal animatronics (including the one from Jet Rescue - retheme Jet Rescue to a different animal rescue). It would culminate in a final splashdown. This layout would require the Vikings Revenge ride to be extended slightly to the north to be able to easily pass under the lift hill and final splashdown. Guests would exit directly onto the ground level of viewing deck of the seal exhibit. Rapid%20Ride3.jpg If we were allowed to use the grassy patch between Bermuda and the Castle I would have incorporated the seal exhibit into my ride (in a similar style to this).

I didn't enter this one, because I honestly couldn't think of an animal attraction/ ride combo that would satisfy the conditions of the competition, which I would also like to see built. I did think of plenty of ideas, none of which were wholly satisfying. For reasons I won't go into, I don't like animal exhibits that are in a ride, so combining the two doesn't sit well with me, so either the ride was way to weak for the area, or too scary or the animal attraction wasn't up to scratch. In the end I concluded that such an attraction combination was impossible to make good at Sea World, and instead waited to see how bad any ideas that did come up were. I must say, I'm blown away by themeparkgc's entry. What's been done in the entry above is different to what I was thinking, and it's very smart. The ride happens to be themed to the habitat of the Californian Sea Lion, which is one of the most common species of Seal at Sea World. That habitat is of course the Pacific Northwest, which is ideal for this type of ride. What's more is it's family friendly (height requirement is 107cm) and would be an addition that I'd be thrilled to see at the park, and given the high standards I hold for new attractions at Sea World that is the biggest praise I can bestow. I think it's a shame that with only one entry this week this won't be able to 'earn' it's points, but the points that it will be awarded are more than justified. Fantastic entry

didn't enter this one, because I honestly couldn't think of an animal attraction/ ride combo that would satisfy the conditions of the competition, which I would also like to see built. I did think of plenty of ideas, none of which were wholly satisfying.
This. I'm guessing the competition rules were inspired by Manta at SW Orlando, but the animal + ride themed to that animal was a bit limiting in this case. But, as Joz said, you nailed it.
If we were allowed to use the grassy patch between Bermuda and the Castle I would have incorporated the seal exhibit into my ride (in a similar style to this).
Or even this: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/US/San_Diego...eck_Rapids.html

Thanks guys.

That was really what I was kind of thinking with the interactions. I was also considering running the Vikings Revenge under the exhibit through a tunnel like this but that wouldn't have counted as a new ride nor would it have used any of the space of the Bermuda building.
I think it's a shame that with only one entry this week this won't be able to 'earn' it's points, but the points that it will be awarded are more than justified. Fantastic entry
Maybe I could get the lowest or average score awarded to first place entries in this competition thus far? I guess its up to aussienetman though.