Wild Mouse

Kakie

For the updated luna park, they've still got the wild mouse, they've refurbished it! It was made in 1959 so i think this is going to be one of the wildest mouses ever, i think its the same as the one in blackpool in england, and i hear that one is really intense. And we get the bonus of it being elevated aswell cos of it being ontop of the dogems!

I hope the refurbishment they've done is nice and thorough. These rides hardly suffer from roughness like regular wooden coasters do, but seeing this thing running better than normal would be great. Blackpool's is slightly different, but it's an identical ride to that at the Royal Melbourne Show, and Aussie World's. A very wild design - a lot more interesting than the steel ones. I wouldn't be that daring to say that it's actually a lot better than Big Dipper was.

I wouldn't be that daring to say that it's actually a lot better than Big Dipper was.
Hold on mate that coaster set another atmosphere in the park, for example when I was at school me and me friends used to go to when ever we could becuse we all loved the bd becuse it made the park better than wonderland and now it's just a fun park with rides but it's still a good park.

I'm not denying that the Big Dipper added a lot of atmosphere for the park - a 150ft tall steel monster is bound to do that. That doesn't mean the ride is that great though. It's got some killer elements which I absolutely love, but aside from those two parts of the ride it's a "nothing" ride. It's made out to be a lot more than it actually is. From the plans they've got, I think Luna Park has the potential to have a great atmosphere. It wouldn't be the same atmosphere as the 1930's amusement park some might be expecting, but a modern, arty feel to the place. Whether they pull this off or just end up with a bland amusement park with a circus down one end somewhere, I don't know, but I'd like to think they're really trying to get it right.