Dreamworld maintenance building

skippy

I agree, but I just thought 9pm was a bit late and unusual.
Yeah that is a little late though, well let's hope its for something good i.e a future attraction... I'm sure someone else with more knowledge of the backstage works of Dreamworld will be able to fill you in on why it would be open so late!

Out of interest, have you ever had a job before?
Yes, I do have a job. I work from 6:30am until 6:30 pm, sometimes I'll work later. The majority of people who have a half decent job work within this window of time. For a theme park that closes at 5:00pm to have a maintenance shed open at such a late hour I thought to be a little odd. That's all. I was asking a simple question, and in return I get an asshole like you giving me attitude. Wake up.

^But I mean at the same time, "shit happens" and you can be stuck at work until the problem is solved and the task is done (This could easily happen at a theme park if something had to be fixed by the next day) Bear in mind theme parks often do stuff at night when the guests are out of the way. Forgive me if I sounded abrupt, but often you get teenagers etc posting who haven't been out in the real world where late nights stuck at work can happen.

^But I mean at the same time, "shit happens" and you can be stuck at work until the problem is solved and the task is done (This could easily happen at a theme park if something had to be fixed by the next day) Bear in mind theme parks often do stuff at night when the guests are out of the way. Forgive me if I sounded abrupt, but often you get teenagers etc posting who haven't been out in the real world where late nights stuck at work can happen.
All good mate. Thanks for the response. Having said that, I would assume that Parkz is partly assisted by revenue from theme park ticket sales generated via this website. Be careful what you say, and who you say it to. You may just be driving dollars away from your webmaster. Cheers

Hey skippy, Don't mind Gazza man, he is very knowledgeable and can come off a bit abrupt sometimes but he means well. Try and learn something from his response and move on Man. On the maintenance shed being open, most maintenance takes place after hours with only a bare bones maintenance staff on during the day to handle unexpected ride failures etc.. Its not unusual for staff to sill be operating long outside the usual 9-5 hours. Whether it be washing, ironing and drying uniforms at Dreamworld or costumes at Movieworld for use the next day, washing down a building facade or restocking shelves after a late delivery, staff tend to work weird hours.

Edited by aussienetman

Hey skippy, Don't mind Gazza man, he is very knowledgeable and can come off a bit abrupt sometimes but he means well. Try and learn something from his response and move on Man. On the maintenance shed being open, most maintenance takes place after hours with only a bare bones maintenance staff on during the day to handle unexpected ride failures etc.. Its not unusual for staff to sill be operating long outside the usual 9-5 hours. Whether it be washing, ironing and drying uniforms at Dreamworld or costumes at Movieworld for use the next day, washing down a building facade or restocking shelves after a late delivery, staff tend to work weird hours.
I love a straight answer. Thanks.

The majority of people who have a half decent job work within this window of time.
WOW be careful what you say buddy. Many people who have very high paying jobs with a lot of responsibility and interesting work don't work within that window of time. How arrogant did you just come across then? Actually I'd go so far as to say insulting. MOST theme park work happens outside of hours, Disneyland mainetenance operates 24 hours. The regualr maintenance shift at a park just down the road doesn't finish till much later than your 9pm time. Sure ask questions, but to be honest the question you asked was a real stupid one when you think about it, given all the work that is required to keep a park running that can't happen when it's open. Don't go mouthing off to Gazza when you're going to throw comments around like those quoted above.

The majority of people who have a half decent job work within this window of time
I agree with DJ there. It's actually in a lot of ways the opposite. I don't want to come across as ignorant (wait, yes I do, otherwise I wouldn't be saying it) but most important jobs do require people to work outside of "Business Hours". For instance, if it wasn't for people like me working 24/7, you wouldn't be able to enjoy Television, if it wasn't for the Journalist's working throughout the Graveyard shift, your morning paper you get delivered will suddenly disappear, you starting to get the idea? But back on topic, as has already been said, just because the park is closed, doesn't mean everyone goes home. Ops may close, but there is always so much more to a park than what you see.